/M O U S E/ - mice general

Mice general

Isn't it about time we updated the mouse chart?
There are a ton of good gaming and non-gaming mice that are out now. Wireless tech also improved a ton at least when it comes to Logitech mice (they have been shown to perform just as well as wired versions. There are also mice that don't need to be charged because the mousepad provides some sort of passive/inductive/wireless charging, but a high price.

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Mice this is severely outdated
I think we should vote on the best mice out now and also vote on the worst or mid-level
show pros, cons, and flaws of each mouse
etc.

Attached: BN65MdmGUTEFYosGRxjpAo.jpg (3998x2249, 2.51M)

Other urls found in this thread:

wikihow.com/Measure-Hand-Size.
aliexpress.com/item/penis/32812732361.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive_radiator_(speaker)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've been waiting years for this kind of mouse I'm fucking hyped

If I ever decide I want to get back to using mice I'm going to buy this one.

Attached: intellimouse upgrade.jpg (764x720, 52K)

Would look better without the logo desu

Is this thing good?

Have G400 but I want to move away from gayman stuff.

Attached: img_28514918_high_1493138209_133_3145.jpg (2000x1134, 204K)

>professional gaming

Nice oxymoron there

what is the point of this mouse? The g603 gets double the battery life, as well as a low power mode and bluetooth with the exact same sensor and is only 10 dollars more.

Best mouse coming through

Attached: mx-master-2s.png (800x687, 293K)

I just bought Mx Master 2

Not impressed with build quality....

My 10 year old logitech mouse was felt much higher quality

G403 is the GOAT

wrong. No point in having a second scroll wheel on a wide screen display

Attached: Capture.png (525x668, 300K)

Attached: 1524948253164433476.jpg (1600x2133, 349K)

Is your screen more than 5000 pixels wide, user?

Its mouse's general, not mice.

Mouse is an acronym so cannot be pluralised via abbreviation

Movement
Oriented
User
Selection
Equipment

it has more than I'll ever need

As major poorfag I find price/quality of that great tier.

Attached: steelseries_rival_100.jpg (445x356, 18K)

>I can't see beyond my own needs, there cannot possibly exist people who need something different from me

Don't, they're dog shit and will fall apart after 6 months.

t. Bought several MS mouses with fake rebranding from China.

What is the biggest mouse that's not complete shit? I have massive hands and use palm grip, I've never found anything that I can comfortably hold.

g203 is the best budget mouse for sure, dm 1 pro s is really cheap in poland but the cable is dogshit, also broke after 3 months, zowie ec 2 is one of the best shapes ever. thats my info.
Select all images with
bicycles

deathadder, zowie fk1 / ec 1, you should measure your hand btw, also check rocket jump ninja on youtube he is the best mouse reviewer.

I used a Deathadder Chroma for a bit and it was one of the biggest I've used, but still not really big enough for me. I'll check out the Zowie mouse and look at the Youtuber, cheers.

Isn't that that macro-key mouse?
I have a general question: are macro mice a meme?
Or are they useful?
My mouse from my Rapoo set crapped out, and I want to get a new one.
But it shouldn't have any rubberized surfaces besides the scrollwheel maybe, the rubber always gets stick and desintegrates.

I recently compared G403, Rival 600, and Rival 310 with small-medium hands and a three-fingered grip. The result is that I kept the 310. Make of that what you will

Also I think a "productivity" mouse is indispensable. I have a G700s and I dread the day it will finally croak.

Follow up reply with my hand measurements. I'd never considered to do this before so I Googled it and found this: wikihow.com/Measure-Hand-Size.

My measurements are:
Circumference: 9.7"
Length (to the crease): 9"
Span: 10.1"

They're nice for general productivity, definitely. Meh sensor and shape mean they're really not made for FPS gaming and the like.

I don't recall it having any such features and if it did I never used them.

Attached: 26-153-168-11.jpg (640x480, 15K)

>rubberized

And then VW coated whole dash in their cars with that shit. Imagine that peeling sticky mess.

What mouse you find best as claw grip user?

anywhere mouse

Ah, okay.
Then again, I don't play games really anmore.
For games I guess normal mouse+gamepad is the way to go?

Sorry, I saw a "Chroma" once that did have macro keys...
Maybe I just mistook it and it were normal keys.

Yeah, why the fuck do they do this.
Also, pic related, I wish they'd gut these fucking Company Jerkoffs here in Germany as well, like in the USA, but alas the fucking government protects these dishonest shits.

Attached: Pepe_Wojak_Vw_Fume_Scandal_Gassing_Wojak_With_Fume_Of_Car_Ss_Nazi_Natsoc_Edgy_Smug_Happy.png (1417x768, 1.6M)

Regardless of whether you like it or not, there are people who are professional (as in get paid for doing it) gaymers.

logitech mice are the only thing logitech makes that's worth buying. user complaining about build quality doesn't realize that pretty much any mice nowadays is inferior quality compared to what we used to have.
Some of logitech mice are still god tier, like g403. It's not going to live as long as let's say g400, but most modern mice won't anyway.

>Sorry, I saw a "Chroma" once that did have macro keys...
>Maybe I just mistook it and it were normal keys.
I wouldn't recommend this mouse under any circumstances. The shitty rubber bit near the shoulder buttons will fall off after a few months tops, and the mouse button will eventually break if you use it a lot too.

>logitech mice are the only thing logitech makes that's worth buying.

>blocks your path

Attached: wireless-touch-keyboard-k400-plus.png (652x560, 69K)

that thing is dog shit. Both the keyboard and the track pad are horrible and I usually don't care about that kind of shit. Having a mouse button is nice though.

Okay, thanks for helping me dodge that bullet.
I used to have a wireless combo of mouse and keyboard from Rapoo, but the mouse broke, so now I am using a shitty dell.
I ordered a split mechanical keyboard from china, so the keyboard part will improve, but the mouse is still crap.
What mouse lacks rubberized shit and perhaps has strategically placed macro buttons (or is a programmeable keyboard, which I am getting already enough)?
Do you have anything to reccomend?

I need a recommendation for a new mouse. I've been using a CM Storm Spawn for the past 5 years or so, and It's still working just fine, but it's starting to show its age.
I'm very partial to mice with the ridge on the right for your ring finger, all other mice without it feel cramped, no matter how wide (looking at you, deathadder)

So far, the main mice that have been really been filling my criteria are the MM520 and the Razer Naga.
The MM520 looks nice, and the sensor looks good, but seems to be a tad bit iffy on quality and size.
The Naga is Razer, I don't feel like having to RMA the mouse in 6 months.
I do have a claw grip, but my grip has ben starting to relax a bit, so a larger mouse with the same shape would be nice over my Spawn.

Attached: spawn_xornet2_mm520_SxS_1920.jpg.3e70728f95dad715313163bfe0d83d99.jpg (1200x636, 260K)

I use it with my HTPC, it's not perfect but nobody's made anything better yet.

in that case you could use pretty much anything that's wireless.

Since my Deathadder Chroma shit out on me I'm using some chinkshit mouse, James Donkey or some shit I think. It's alright for now, I couldn't justify spending more while I'm studying for my master's and don't have much money. I'm just in this thread to stay in the loop for when I can buy something better.

Show me a full sized tenkeyless with trackpad and l+r mouse buttons that's better than the k400.

>less than half the price
>does virtually everything the master can do
>sans a horizontal scroll wheel but gives you actual usable side buttons
With the money saved, I got some rechargeable batteries and a charger, with enough left over to get another m720, so I don't even have to worry about it being rechargeable.

Attached: m720-triathlon-mouse.png (393x393, 83K)

why does it need a track pad or no ten key? Just use any fucking wireless keyboard and any wireless mouse.

Because I use it with a HTCP and sit on my sofa. I can't use a mouse because I use it on my lap, it could have a tenkey but it's kind of redundant and makes it unnecessarily larger.

> For games I guess normal mouse+gamepad is the way to go?
Again depends what games - some will benefit more from extra buttons than a better sensor. Anyway, personally, my setup is a Rival 310 for FPS, a Logitech G700s for everything else, and a custom built macropad using a PCB and case from aliexpress and kailh speed switches.

protip: You can use a mouse on your lap. I do it all the time. Especially if all you're doing is navigating the desktop.

Cool!
Can you post it?
I am wndering whether I should go off the deep end and learn how to build a keyboard with a wireless option, as I see no good wireless split keyboards anywhere to be bought.

>be retarded
>gotta find the keyboard the mouse,the remote control to get anything done on htc

well at least if you have a keyboard and a mouse and lose one, you can still do shit. If all you have is a keyboard and lose it, then you're fucked.

BEHOLD

Attached: 9F254437-E8D8-441D-A532-CFDD0A9592F7.jpg (600x400, 30K)

Easily better. The only fucking complaints I have are that the left click button at the upper left corner of the keyboard sometimes doesn't register, and that the backlight lights up the icons on the function keys instead of the function key labels because logitech thinks no one uses the function keys anymore

that's as fucking stupid as advocating a laptop without a touchpad because you can just plug in a mouse instead

Attached: logitech_htpc_keyboard_k830.jpg (2048x1280, 126K)

I'd rather just use an all-in-one than have multiple devices all over the place, thanks. Also good luck finding a keyboard and mouse that aren't complete fucking shit cheaper than the the k400.

I have a mini wireless keyboard and trackpad I keep as a backup in case something goes wrong with the k400. If that happens then I immediately order a new k400 on Amazon and get it the next day.

I thank you for your concern but it appears you have no superior solution to mine.

> Can you post it?
The chinks are taking forever to ship the fucking LEDs so not yet. Here's the PCB though: aliexpress.com/item/penis/32812732361.html
Then I got some kailh silver for WASD, pink for everything else because I like clicky switches, and gold for the leftmost row to make it a tad bit heavier.

What the fuck is this monstrosity.

It's probably better but I highly doubt that it's more than double the price better.

>aliexpress.com/item/penis/32812732361.html
Nice!
I wish you the best of luck.
I personally am getting the "SmartYao" Split ortholinear keyboard.
It'll be funny, I wish I hadn't learnt touch typing, but at least I am still a beginner, so transitiion won't be that bad.
It's a 2*(6x8) layout.
And connects with miniusb and is fully programmeable, which is nice.
There are probably things that I don't like, though, so I may eventually just build an own keyboard.

>that's as fucking stupid as advocating a laptop without a touchpad because you can just plug in a mouse instead

I didn't realize people took their htpc's with them on the road. Since when do they even come with any sort of peripherals as standard? Use whatever the fuck. Hell, a gamepad would probably be the best thing to use.

>Use whatever the fuck. Hell, a gamepad would probably be the best thing to use.
that's all you had to say to sound reasonable, I have no quarrels with you

>steelseries
>Bully_Hunter_77 joined the game

>I didn't realize people took their htpc's with them on the road.
Are you retarded?

is not the point of having a trackpad on a laptop because they are meant to be portable? How many people use a trackpad on their desktop pcs? Obviously a mouse is superior.

I'll take an air mouse over that any day

Attached: c700x420.jpg (700x420, 43K)

Why not an Ergodox? Or Dactyl (manuform). If you're gonna go ortholinear might as well to the full meme.
Personally I have a Preonic right now, for convenience when travelling. I'm definitely planning on building a Dactyl later.

That's retarded, just use a trackball user. They're literally perfect for this.
Nothing comfier than settling in bed with a trackball in hand

not when there's no fucking desk there isn't

use your lap. Didn't know you needed mlg reflexes for selecting a movie to watch.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make. He was saying you don't carry a mouse with your laptop because of things like space consideration, the same issue goes with using a HTPC.

>typing on something that small
I'll pass, thanks.

My G600's scrollwheels side click is starting to crap out after three years of use, would it be possible to source the part from somewhere to replace it with minimal soldering skills?
Alternatively are there any similar mice with the same scrollwheel functionality? Don't need the pinky button or as many thumb buttons (4 or so would be nice), a better sense would be nice.

It's not about whether or not it's feasible to use a mouse, it's about convenience, space consideration, and not having to use multiple devices. I've been doing this for 5 years, I know what works for me, and probably most other people for that matter. When you're sitting on a sofa watching TV the best solution is a keyboard+trackpad combo. Nothing makes better sense.

That mouse is superior to others that use rubber sidegrips. The rubber side grips get loose faster than you can wear down the plastic on that cheap rival 100

G700s has a vastly superior scroll wheel. It's discontinued unfortunately so ymmv in sourcing one, but it sounds like exactly what you want, if you don't mind the weight (it's HEAVY).
G502 has a top of the line optical sensor, but fewer buttons arranged more awkwardly, and the wheel is actually inferior to the G700s's one in my opinion.
You could look into the G900/903 (the only difference is the wireless charging nobody cares about), I've never tried one though.

That said if tilt-click is all you want and you don't care about trying out the infinite scroll thingy, there are tons of options. Rival 500 off the top of my head sounds up your alley.

G700(s) master race. I love that thing, and judging from the prices they command on eBay etc. people quite love them, too.

The naga for sure is larger than thre mm520, and it has a big chance of developing doubleclick within the first year, go with the CM.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive_radiator_(speaker)

I bought a g400 because of that chart and I love it so I vote for the g400.

I got G400S
If it died what would I get today?
Anything with a flawless sensor wireless?

G403 wireless/G900/G903/G703

Personally, I love this mouse. The feel of the mouse is unrivaled. It's made out of premium materials. Honestly I don't see why so many people hate it.

Attached: c700x420.jpg (700x420, 21K)

If you wanna get a "pro" mouse, go for like an mx master 2s. The software is actually really nice cause you can reprogram things on the mouse.

Looking into getting the G305. Currently my cable drags too much with my rival 300. I just have it taped down. Also I hit the bottom of my monitor base sometimes and the cable gets in the way there too. Wireless would do away with these problems. Not sure how I will like the shape of the G305 though.

The shape is dogshit. It's like a glorified trackpad, and I'm supposed to grip it and move it around.

There's also a lack of buttons. Gestures are nice and all but they're extremely inflexible and most of the time pressing a convenient button is both faster and more reliable than trying to swipe a particular way.

Get a chinkshit bungee for $5-10. I did and it helped a lot.

kids, here is a prime example of somebody taking the bait

currently using this bad boy

Attached: file.png (648x358, 133K)

G203 master race reporting in
>best price
>best sensor
>best cable
>best shape and size
>best weight
>no wifi emissions shit

most underrated mouse of its gen.

Attached: g203.jpg (640x480, 19K)

Bought mine refurbished for around 40 bucks a week ago, it's really fucking comfy (also, macros)

Truly the best. The scroll wheel makes the difference IMO. Corsair's M65 fits better in my hands but its scroll is absolute arse.

Good sensor, good weight, and questionable shape. It's getting a lot more traction recently and definitely deserves the crown budget spot on the new list

I have yet to hear an opinion about the shape that isn't "it's bad".

fits my hand perfectly. just wish the click wasn't so sensitive

Attached: g402.jpg (640x480, 14K)

Personal preference DESU. If you have big(Ish) size hands RIP.

I'm using this Logitech g602.
Got it for 25 bones on eBay.

Attached: G602_4.jpg (1200x793, 80K)

Not any of those guys, but it's an office mouse. Anyone who has ever suffered through having to use giant Excel sheets will find a use for that wheel. For private / browsing use? No need, agreed.

I've seen a lot of complains about the sides being rounded and causing uncomfort/cramps because of that. I think it's controversial mostly because the g100s, what the g203/pro was based off of had flat sides and was widely praised without any changes

OP here
I think we should have two charts/lists
One for wired and one for wireless
they should also be split up for gaming and non-gaming
although I don't see too many wired non-gaming mice nowadays aside from some dell ones that are pretty decent

I've seen the inside of both, they use the same omron switches. They have for a while. Which makes me wonder why more fail than CM.
Maybe Razer just sells more nice period, so we're more likely to hear of issues?
Idk, but for the Naga, I'd only want the Trinity for the 2 side buttoned panel, but I'm not paying $100 for a mouse like that.

Any other recommendations?

>If you have big(Ish) size hands RIP.
Claw people don't have that issue, though.

nani??????????????
a g102 wireless?????

How often do you type on your HTPC that you'd want a large keyboard?

Saw these on clearance at Walmart for $15