So it arrived

So it arrived.
>1 to PS4
>1 to PC
>1 to Router
it didn't work, the PC disconnects

Attached: f5794d0d-e48c-4682-88c5-a2a3402b5046_1.faa436a6759090378b9a08d6587b29a6.jpeg?odnWidth=282&odnHei (282x282, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Ethernet-Cable-Economiser-Kit/dp/B000Q6EC0C
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGvhW-qOqAk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>it didn't work
Imagine that. I'd bet my dick that thing has no ICs whatsover. Best it'd be good for is getting better bandwidth out of two CAT5 cables instead one one, and even then I'm not sure it'd work.

Just get a proper switch. You can get a 5 port gigabit switch for less than $30.

What the fuck were you expecting?

Wouldn't you get the same bandwidth anyways because the signal is just gonna get piped through the same single cable at some point?

op.... just get a cheap unmanaged switch man

Of course it fucking didn't, Ethernet physical layer wasn't built to handle more than two devices on a single twisted pair.

Just buy a small switch.

The cable's the barrier if you're using CAT5 on GbE hardware. With two CAT5 cables you could theoretically double your bandwidth, but the shitty connector could fuck it up as well.

What is this even for? for cloning one input signal for 2 non interface terminals?

Should work, but when splitting maximum 100mbit is supported. Does the router support 10mbit connection if the cable is dodgy (or just 100/1000)?

>ics in a splitter

Its just using two pairs out of the four pairs available.

both PC and PS4 getting internet

>ics in a splitter
That's the fucking point. Without any circuitry there's no way it'll allow two devices on the same Ethernet port.

Yeah, with 2 CAT5 and 2 inputs. But with this you would use 2 CAT5 and then join them in to CAT6 cable? somehow i dont see that working that well...

Attached: splitter.gif (425x296, 18K)

And why were you thinking this would work?

welcome to the 90's

Attached: thinethernet.jpg (700x527, 32K)

This would require another splitter on the other end, to make it back into two cables again

This.
Most of the games on ps4 are available for pc. The only console worth buying is a switch.

>the absolute state of Jow Forums

Attached: IMG_3914.png (866x900, 94K)

Attached: fat v.png (648x615, 426K)

RINGBUS

So what OP was missing was buying a second one to plug it into his router.
Also, each device would be limited to 100Mbit.

No, but you can't just link the two half-duplex ports to a single full-duplex port.

At the other end the cable will need to be split back into half-duplex plugs.

Indeed, so something like this: amazon.co.uk/Ethernet-Cable-Economiser-Kit/dp/B000Q6EC0C

But that still needs 2 cables on both sides and in some cases that would work.

No. You can run 2x 10/100 by splitting the 4 pairs into two. Only requirement is that you have a switch or switch capable router on the other side.

If you want to waste 10 minutes of your life instead of taking my word for it;

youtube.com/watch?v=ZGvhW-qOqAk

this

Well, the idea is solid, he just needs a second pair for that to work.

Your video shows a split both ends.

Yes I agree with you. What I was saying is you must split them again at the router/switch side, you can't plug that split cable directly into a single port.

Or he could just have a 4 port modem that he can plug them in.

Nigga you need an active network switch (package distribution) to expand your network with more clients.
A passive Y-adapter doens't work here.

And this is wrong, you need:

Pc Ps4 >---< Modem that should work ....

>>---

you're meant to get 2 of them OP

PS4 and PC into 1 cable then run that cable to your modem and use another one of those to run 2 cables to your modem

If he want's to just use 1 cable, passive Y+Y cabling system should work, at least it should make him think and do some work for it.

Yeah, was trying to diagram that cable..

Yeah, that should work.

>didn't support local business buying a switch
>buy splitter on chink site for $2
>wait 6 weeks to get it
>too stupid to realise you need 2 to work
>wait another 6 weeks for the second

(You)
I posted here 6 weeks ago asked if it would work, anons says it would. Today I am disappointed.

yet literally everyone in this thread is saying no?

did we all suddenly do research after that thread

Yes but they probably assumed you knew that you needed two of them lol

>tfw there are no local businesses that sell such hardware

okay farm boy

I live in a city.

Buy a cheap network switch, simplest option

>being able to have 3+ players over IPX in warcraft 2 or streets of simcity
>sharing 33.6k internet over multiple PCs
dad bringing this gear home from work was one of the greatest days

so you don't have a best buy, mom and pop laptop repair store, anything like that in your city?

Exactly.

what kind of buttfuck nowhere hole do you live in?

A small city. Unless you consider a two hour round trip to the nearest Best Buy local there are no local businesses that sell networking hardware.

u should feel lucky u get internetz

Yeah, you're not in a city. You're in a shithole.

I think it's for voip+internet

Are you kidding? I could have Internet in bumfuck nowhere around here

What you think of as a city is my definition of a shithole

did you even google whether it would work and why it won't?
get a router/splitter

Cat5 can handle GbE.

This. Whatever protocol was originally used in Ethernet (halo? hola?) was literally designed as a bus to handle contention. But to get higher speeds it was abandoned, I wouldn't be surprised if modern hardware didn't support the old protocols.

>Underage post 9/11 generation
>Being this tech illiterate

The world is doomed

Attached: 1526232524405.png (380x349, 77K)

Attached: images[1].jpg (220x229, 4K)

>oh goys i bought this chink shit instead of good hardware that will last me,and its not working
>help me gee

>oh goys i bought this chink shit instead of good hardware that will last me,and its not working
>help me gee

Don't worry, just get ethernet via hdmi cable.

Attached: 51mkkSsqZjL._SL1100_.jpg (1100x1100, 47K)

What's the flow rate on those?

Attached: gn8XwjC.jpg (720x960, 139K)

>MOM QUIT GARDENING IM TRYING TO PLAY A GAME

This. Older brothers friends company goes down. My first own computer was then a two socket PIII 550 in a 3u case and we had a permanent gaming lan set up in one of the room in the house using free office desks and cubicles.

you mean?

Attached: rj45hdmi.jpg (640x360, 23K)

there's two uses for those pin splitter adapters, being;
1. (all 8c in parallel) have two computers attached to a router or other device, with only one able to connect at once
2. (4c from each tap wired to alternate wires on the main run, requires equivalent adapter on the other end) for two half-duplex signals, or (half-duplex) ethernet + other 4c signal, such as telephone
these are not hubs/switches, so cannot be used like one as you did

Why wouldn't you just buy a $10 switch?

like 30 or 40 lpm, my dude

Cat5 can handle 5Gb if the hardware supports it
Get with the times, gramps

Attached: Screenshot_20180516-082626.png (720x1280, 300K)

Cat5e can, CAT5 can't

If the run is shorter than 50m it will, tested it in the office using crappy old cables

Maybe if youre lucky.

I wouldn't count on it, and I certainly wouldn't design my network with the assumption that it would be able to handle it.

dude that works if you put two Y connectors, one at each end. This way two devices can share one cable, but each will only work at 100mbit instead of 1Gbit. It basically splits half the pairs to each device.

CAT5(r)eeeeeeeeeeee

with direct connection it'll probably work, but as soon as he adds a socket, the speed will dive.
Also just because it negotiated 10GbE doesn't mean the actual transmission will reach these speeds on a crappy cable, especially when there's more than 1 cable next to it.

Is it safe to say OP is literally retarded for not getting a switch. I hope you learned your lesson listening to vir/g/ins who are just as retarded as you this is not a real place to ask questions.

You are using it wrong.

Attached: 1516272410615.jpg (759x402, 152K)

What the hell are you trying to accomplish.

Yeah, that's not a hub, which is how you're trying to use it.
Even then, using a hub in 2018 is stupid. A GigE switch is $10 on Amazon.

Im buying a PS4 because im 100% over restarting my PC everytime I feel like playing a quick vidya match.

why would you need to restart your PC to play a game?

I generally only restart my PC once every 20-30 days. (generally for installing updates)

Because I duel boot, literally only use Windows for 2 games.

He was not talking about the nintendo switch console moron

Just run ESXi, linux distro on one VM, windows on another VM.

Assuming you have a motherboard that supports virtualization and IOMMU for PCI passthrough, you only lose 1-2% performance by running things through ESXi.

Use an iGPU for linux, and your dGPU for windows, or if you have two dGPUs, one for each VM.

No. I don't want to micro manage a shitty workaround for an extremely simple issue. I have done this and it simoly does not provide the performance I desire for online gaming. Plus, I already spend enough time babysitting my distro.
Im just going get a used PS4 for $50.

Your perspective cannot change reality, Anikin.

>I have done this and it simoly does not provide the performance I desire for online gaming
good job confirming you've never done it.

GTA5 online through ESXi hosted windows VM while running an Arch VM at the same time and I see at MOST 5fps performance drop.

If you've tried it in the past, $10 says you fucked it up, or you simply weren't using properly supported hardware.

Also, micromanage? What the fuck are you talking about? After initial setup, you basically never have to manage shit.

>I'd rather have a shitty quality console experience than actually learn to use computers properly.

okay

Youre using it wrong. Two need to go to the router

why not a secondary ethernet adapter with a shared connection directly to the console?

I probably did fuck it up, that's not the point. I don't even enjoy PC gaming that much and the game I play has more people on console
You sound like a 19 year old that just built his first gaming PC.
The magic will fade and you'll be in my position eventually.

>You sound like a 19 year old that just built his first gaming PC.
I'm 26 and i'm on my 4th gaming PC since I was 13.

I assume you simply have shitty taste in games, and horrible eyesight.

After playing any game on a 4k monitor on PC, it's impossible to play that game on a console and not want to throw up due to the sheer lack of aliasing.

Sorry, I guess I just don't care about gaming as much as you do.

>it didn't work

of course not you fucking brainlet

What did you even try to achieve.

Less than $30? Here in monkeyland a "smart" gigabit switch with (some) management costs less than $20.

Next time instead of spending money with shit, just crimp two cables in one RJ45. I bet it's what that thing does, anyway.