Fucked up site re-design

Well done reddit;

Website is now bloated beyond recognition; unusable garbage on average PC's.

If it aint broke dont fix it. they will NEVER learn

Attached: dohdfghjurtguyrtywnload.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

old.reddit.com/
i.reddit.com/
reddit.com/
ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.2.0/jquery.min.js
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Down the path of Digg they go.

old.reddit.com/
go there and don't come back

I'm usually all for redesigns and I can understand why Reddit did the design. It looks much more like a "modern" social media site now. I prefer the old style as I believe it's more functional.

It's like they don't even remember that they got to where they are by riding the backlash from Digg's awful redesign

the only reason i prefer the redesign is because now i can finally have a proper fucking dark mode

Attached: Qc0164L.jpg (1305x2327, 442K)

everything i like dies

I never even used the desktop site, I had an android app for it with a completely different layout anyway.

everything dies whether you like it or not

>open video
>grey boxes appears
>takes minute for text to load

>open channel
>click to video lists
>video from channel frontpage starts playing in background
>muh single-page

Attached: yt.jpg (1140x700, 22K)

Who gives a fuck.

Who cares?

Attached: 16047.jpg (547x365, 60K)

Reddit is waaaaay bigger than Digg ever was. It's not 2008 any more, Reddit won't suddenly die overnight like Digg did, Facebook won't go the way of Myspace, Google won't go the way of AskJeeves, etc.

please elaborate on the reasons

reddit used to be a decent news source before all the normies hit it. it's pretty sad, but it's business.

from what I read the admins are trying to social mediatize the website

You need to go back

Attached: 1522116280777.jpg (625x500, 65K)

i agree. they could have done alot better. the old design was simpler and easier.

Go back, stay there.

I have subreddit styles disabled In my prefs, I don’t see the new design.

also liveleak

They're after the Twitter demographic now.

You will. The two has nothing to do with each other.

Looks fine to me. Now if only they could clear out all the neo-nazis, misogynist incels and other filth it might actually attract some normal people back

too big too fail, just like the banks were

of course they remember. that's why they enable the new design for a portion of users at a time and they monitor what effect it has on time spent on the site per user compared to the old one

>clear out all the neo-nazis, misogynist incels
I thought they did

>Down the path of Digg they go.
YES!

JavaScript was a mistake

Reddit popularity is not even comparable to Facebook and Google.
Its main target and userbase is murrican, the rest of the world doesn't use it much (most country specific subs are literally paid government shills doing campaigns).
Facebook and Google are huge worldwide, the downfall of either might cause a srs shitstorm

>If it aint broke
lel kys

>Open Reddit for the first time in weeks
>Fucking huge buttons
>Sliding screen options menus
>Big negative spaces
Why the fuck did they design this shit for tablets?

>what's a computer?

The real problem is it might mean more redditors come here. Yay.

When's the Jow Forums redesign? Despite all the screeching denial, the demographic of both websites is essentially the same.

>all of these people openly admitting to browsing Reddit
I miss the old days.

fuck off back there then

>I disagree with people so they should be censored because only my opinion matters, even if it’s wrong

Disconnect your keyboard and use the cord properly by wrapping it tightly around your neck.

Attached: 4L_TBsudOxm.png (1111x597, 520K)

old. is not here forever. Sadly.

yes it is

For 32inch lcd

M$ should learn about that and apple users

Jow Forums redesign when

Hopefully never. It can only go bad

You have to go back.

it is, here's another one:
i.reddit.com/

I hope hiroshimoot does the same with Jow Forums.
Maybe they could add a karma and upvote system to go together with the meme flags on Jow Forums too, it's the future and only soiacucks should stay in the past.

you can and should disable the cancerous autoplay videos on the channel introduction with userscripts

If this happened, I could finally be free of Jow Forums, since after 10+ years I just don't have the fortitude to leave on my own apparently.

I've noticed that the new redesign alsl broke a lot of subs, I'll stick with theold design until they somehow fix this
>inb4 go back to plebbit reeeee

>it might actually attract some normal people back

plebbit started off as a site for sharing jailbait, i dont know what "normal people" you expect to "return"

Things change user
People change

>this thread
You guys arent even hiding it any more. Fuck happened to you Jow Forums

Considering a Jow Forums redesign would actually happen, what changes should be made?
I can't think of any significant thing this site could improve design-wise, what are your suggestions?

>literally shitting on people for using a website
Eat shit and die

Just integrate Jow Forums x onto the site by default, so you don't have to install a shitty userscript that takes ages to load on FF

>force bloatware because you're too lazy to run a user script or use a real browser
Cancer

>Actually useful features
>Bloatware
Never change Jow Forums

>coming to Jow Forums to talk about Reddit

Return.

Attached: 1510490987142.jpg (1253x1229, 125K)

What horrible fat has befallen this place that using Reddit is defended now?

Attached: 1459100542549.jpg (340x340, 18K)

What are you fags talking about? I don't see any re-design, it looks the same.

Attached: 02f.jpg (655x527, 34K)

Try in an incognito tab

Fuck off.

It was shit.
Is useful now.

Stay there.

Reddit is literally only useful for advertising. And I don't mean paying them to place ads - fuck that and fuck giving them money.

It's useful for shilling. Nothing more. The userbase is nothing but retarded consumers, and very finicky ones at that. Honestly I'll be glad when reddit dies, even though I do get a lot of traffic from it.

Attached: 1489128479008.jpg (480x318, 24K)

But I use text-only mode and it hasn't changed. I don't need shitty custom graphics and CSS on every different sub.

I want hiroshimoot to ban people that go to reddit. I don't care how he does it, just fucking ban every single redditor and make this site less shit.

>relying on reddit traffic
Sounds super sustainable and like you have a decent, non-annoying userbase. What's your let's play channel name?

Don't group me with those low-effort morons. I review PC hardware and run benchmarks, reddit just happens to be a good way to get traffic, *if* the mongoloids there decide to upvote your posts.

The karma and voting system is absolute trash and I just don't have the money to buy votes and comments (yet). I hate reddit with a passion, but the traffic is usually easy and I'm okay taking advantage of that.

Attached: 1521873686389.jpg (468x510, 60K)

>people continue to openly discuss L*ddit and admit to using it
and people wonder why this site is dead

Reddit spacing

Attached: elixirsoup-20180516-0001.jpg (320x316, 27K)

The information density got much lower with nu-reddit

What the fuck were the webdevs thinking

You missed I use it for stealth advertising. Reddit, and the people that regular it, are just tools.

It's the only place where I can find actual up-to-date information for some of my specific interests

I don't see much resistance to reddit posting anymore because everyone here uses it and thinks it's great. It's been a gradual process over the last 10 years. It's only a matter of time before Gook adds a upboat button to appease them.

Please tell me this whole threat is ironic and I'm just a brainlet for not seeing it

This site has been overrun by normies, my friend. It's no longer the site you knew and loved.

You niggers don't even hide the fact you actually use reddit.com
Fuck off

I made a userscript to block promoted posts on reddit.
It worked fine, as i tested it in console
It worked fine with greasemonkey in FF
A few hours later it stopped working

r8&h8 plz, took me half an hour to google this together
// ==UserScript==
// @name promoblock
// @namespace asdf
// @include reddit.com/
// @version 1
// @grant none
// @run-at document-idle
// @require ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.2.0/jquery.min.js
// ==/UserScript==

const tiles = $(".scrollerItem");
for (tt of tiles) {
console.log("analysing", tt);
let block = false;
const content = $(tt).find("h2")[0].innerHTML;
const ispromo = $(tt).find("span")[0].innerHTML;
if (content.indexOf("Join Honeypot") !== -1){block = true;}
if (ispromo == "promoted"){block = true;}
if (block) {$(tt).toggle()}
console.log("blocked:", block);
}

Myspace died because people grew up. Very few ex-myspace users are as active on Facebook as the new generation and boomers. It doesn't take much for everything to change... Remember Megaupload? They had absolutely no competition. Everyone used it. Then one day, poof. Gone. All of it. Lack of competition and immense popularity didn't save it. All the giants you named could face the same fate tomorrow for one reason or another. You never know.

Hey it's my old friend, Darkness

Fucking progressive web app shit.
This shit is so much SLOWER than just sending the full content in HTML ever was.
This "app shell" bullshit doesn't work as advertised. When I click on a link, the browser loads the website for half a second and then, when it's loaded changes the page, it feels fast and fluent to me.
If I click a link, the page immediately transitions to a mock up of how the page is going to look like and only then, one second later when the API has returned the result and the slow-ass, bloated JS frontend library of choice has managed to render the content (by producing an entire second fucking DOM tree, diffing it with the current tree and only THEN actually touching the original DOM) does the page finally show the content I want.
I mean, is the normie so fucking stupid that he actually gets fooled by those app shell pages? This feels SO much slower to me, I hate EVERY site that does this. And then you have faggots at tech presentations everywhere talking about this shit as if it's the future and so much better than it ever was.
Nigga, u gay. This shit ruins the web.
This is all about it being confortable for developers to develop, not to give the user a better experience. The ones who pay are we, with our (wait) time.

If they had changed it into the current design slowly and imperceptibly over time, none of you autistic fucks would make as much as a inaudible whine.

The second "If I click a link" was meant to say something like "If I click a link in a "progressive web app"", as opposed to just using the browser's native navigation.

>people continue to be extremely upset about the mention of reddit
the insecurity is real

>insulting somebody as insecure
are you female by chance?

They did. Everything right of the_D got axed and they still treat it like a Jow Forums boogieman.

Remember when youtube suggested videos on the side were full of older content of the same channel and actual stuff very similar to what you're already watching? Now it seems nothing but A. Things I've already watched from the same channel, B. Content from people I've already subscribed to, C. Something where you accidentally clicked some shitty meme video and now you get those suggestions, or D. Something from trending you don't care about.

shill your normie site elsewhere, fagboi

>garbage site with garbage design populated by garbage people made even worse
at least they aren't twitter though

Digg didn't die instantly either.
There's no such thing as "too big to fail".

yes, but you have to understand how much the internet userbase has grown over the years, and the userbase of the services on it

>so many redditors on Jow Forums
Thank god we have fulllchan

>try to open link in new tab via middle click
>it doesn't open the link and instead does the scrolling thing or it opens a blank tab and nothing happens
might as well go back to IE6 if the web "developers" think we don't need tabs

>lel kys
is that a soundcloud rapper

Eventually they will delete it.

I don't see a single difference.

I used to get lots of less known techno house tracks in my recommendations and just clicking through recommended videos helped me discover so much different music and artists. Nowadays I get 10M views trash similar to "This is America". I'm using the same YT account for about 6 years already.