CRT Monitor thread

Why are CRT monitors so hard to find any more?
I'm talking about Trinitrons and Diamondtrons.
The good stuff.

I like the CRT aesthetic more.
Everything about it is nicer. The color looks richer. The eyes feel better if it's over 85hz. Truly no response delay.

This is a /comfy/ CRT thread now. No LCDsh*ts permitted.

Attached: monitor and a half.jpg (468x332, 41K)

>Why are CRT monitors so hard to find any more?

because they haven't been produced in over a decade.

Are you actually fucking retarded or does your thread have a point?

Too bulky to ship from ebay, no real profit in selling them, couldn't even give them away to normies for the last decade.

The vast majority of them have gone to a landfill, hence they're becoming rare now.

No shit Sherlock.
You used to be able to find them on Craigslist.
An actual answer.

Last I checked, there were only DisplayPort and HDMI on most cards, nothing analog.
Do they even make video cards with analog outputs still?

Last high end card with analog out was 980 ti, not sure about AMD. There's still low end small form factor cards that have analog out though.

I always wanted one of those high end Mitsubishi Diamondtrons.
Arguably one of the best quality monitors ever made.

Attached: 1373081882867.jpg (510x410, 24K)

>I'm talking about Trinitrons and Diamondtrons.
They are not? I'm hoarding them 0.10€ a pop, every month a few or at least one.

External HDMI or DP DACs work great though. You have to know the specific model, externally they look the same but some are shit and can't do over 60Hz at any resolution, other can easily do 200Hz at VGA and over 100Hz at high resolutions. They cost almost nothing from China, but as said, not all are built the same.

I'm reading this on a CRT from 1999.

They can fuck off.

+they've all been thrown out because of shit going on them

get on my level

Attached: HPIM2238.jpg (2608x1952, 2.06M)

It defeats the point a bit though, doesn't it? I was under impression that the digital conversion to analog brings along significant display lag.

That Sony is nice. There is just something about using a CRT monitor that just feels better.

just use a 980 its last card to support VGA

I want a 1080p CRT, where can I get one?

You don't.

Why isn't there some small company still making CRTs as a niche market?

How much for the IBM in the front right?

I need it to complete the look of my setup.

Because people who know what they are keep them, and people who don't know what they are throw them away

Even those who know what they are and want them, many of them are simply failing after being used for this many years.

Finding replacement parts is difficult and in some cases impossible.

Further complicating matters is the lack of analog outputs on modern GPUs, the newest ones being the GTX980/980Ti

Maybe we'll see one or two niche cards released in the next generation with decent analog RAMDACs, but I wouldn't count on it.

Sony GDM-FW900, 24" 1920x1200 CRT.

I have CRT from 2005 but yer its beyond niche no one wants them. ones I got where for video editing purposes like in a studio etc so I guess they needed the better color quality.

its the 109b6 Philips if any ones interested I have 3 of them in Perth Australia

>that posture