I accidentally formated my USB flash drive in a bad way (basically the programm reformating the flash drive was...

I accidentally formated my USB flash drive in a bad way (basically the programm reformating the flash drive was installed on the flash drive). Computers are not able to read it now. Any ideas how to fix this ?

Attached: usb-flash-drive.jpg (1062x708, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microcenter.com/product/485586/32GB_SuperSpeed_USB_30_Flash_Drive
flashboot.ru/iflash/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>basically the programm reformating the flash drive was installed on the flash drive
What?

right click on start button (windows 10)

Disk management

Format from there

If it shows up but you can't access it, right click on it, then properties and format it.

I've done this before. You've corrupted the onboard table. Plug it into your PC and open the disk management window and let your desktop do it

Format it with Mini Tool Partition Wizard.
Great tool, saved my ass a few times.

Windows disk management's format always fucks something up.

use minitool partition wizard, delete current partition and create a new one

Why not try diskpart?

Open CMD
diskpart
list disk
sel disk
clean
create partition primary

Use diskpart

It sounds like it will be your first time using a command line tool. Have fun, and feel the power of the CLI!

I wanted to install Fedora on a pc using this flashdrive. I installed the fedora programm on the flash drive. The programm asked which device should be reformated to become a Fedora installer. It offered to install it on the same flash drive it was installed. I though "the programm can't be dumb enough to offer reformating itself without some ways to make it work". It was this dumb.

You can probably just continue to make directly what you wanted to make with etcher or whatever usb creation tool you want to use

> "the programm can't be dumb enough to offer reformating itself without some ways to make it work". It was this dumb
It possibly did create a working stick. Might just be that your BIOS isn't configured to boot it.

The whole SecureBoot mess in particular (but also to a smaller extent whether your machine does UEFI or legacy BIOS or both "compatibility mode") can interfere.

The fedora installer is designed for retards, not vegetables who think a program that overwrites its binary gets corrupted (hint: your shitty kernel can't run program that's not loaded in RAM). You should stick with your phone and not touch computers ever again.

Thanks man, it worked. You saved me 30€
Thanks. I needed to do what the other guy wrote in order for the disk to show up in the disk manager but after that the disk manager was able to reformate it.

>the program can't be dumb enough to do what I told it to do

absolute state of children

I thought it would work since it was loaded in the RAM but it stopped working and corrupted the flash drive. No need to get salty fampai

30euros for a flash drive?

microcenter.com/product/485586/32GB_SuperSpeed_USB_30_Flash_Drive

I bought it a while back when 3.0 flash drives were not that common. I didn't know price went that low now.

>GNU rm can't be that dumb to delete /

All you did was mess up the filesystem and OS can't automount a filesystem that's broken. What you did to fix it is put a filesystem on the device, rather than what an OS shows you which is the filesystem.

I used Fedora back in highschool and I use de shitty windows console from time to time, so I'm not unfamiliar with command lines

Attached: 0.png (1151x302, 319K)

Jow Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

>"This site has been blocked by the network administrator."

why the fuck?

If USB flash is not detectable (size 0 bytes) get yourself Windows XP virtual machine with USB passthroug and search controller flasher for your flash flashboot.ru/iflash/
Since software is chinks - it is malware, so be safe.

Use SD card formatter. I don't know why but that program fixes anything related to USB.

>/pcbg/
>/spg/
>/hpg/
>/sqt/
>/fglt/
Yeah, not at all

How to fix it?
Throw it out, go to walmart and spend all of $10 to get another one.