Is there a more comfy theme than classic windows?

is there a more comfy theme than classic windows?
is this the pinnacle of DE design?

Attached: aa.png (1366x768, 917K)

grandpa get out

Yeah but vsinc for video is disabled

>best time: 25 seconds
>games won: 2
>games played: 4

well that's an issue with win7, not the theme itself shich is also used in previous windows versions

Attached: bb.png (1366x768, 377K)

I am a Linux shill but yes win7 gui is the best

IRIX trumps everything

your argument is invalid without posting pics of it

>italian text everywhere
lol no

Attached: irixtoolchest.png (1024x768, 9K)

that's a bad thing???
vsync disabled means that you can play gaymes in windowed mode without any input latency

honestly it's my biggest gripe with windows 10, no way to disable the forced vsync/triple buffering without using exclusive fullscreen for gaymes, which means if you need to alt-tab you get to sit still looking at a black screen for 5 seconds while your monitor switches modes.

how come every gaanoo-freetard attempt to implement the supreme win32 widget toolkit (set of interface elements and their hierarchy conceived in the early fuckin' 90s) looks like poorly aligned crap with no visual hierarchy? Microdongs, NeXT, Be etc could do it, but gaanoo couldn't.

That isn't true, the changes they've made to exclusive fullscreen effectively treat it like window borderless. Which some hate as they want "muh full performance", but alt tabbing from exclusive fullscreen takes far less time than it used to.

kde2 and 3 looked nice too

Attached: kde2final_4.jpg (1024x768, 171K)

Yes, the windows 3.1 theme. Its window management is shit, though.

so which one?

Attached: a1.png (827x461, 60K)

>that 30yo boomer mentally stuck in the 90s

Former.
Latter just reminds me of cheap tacky material.

looks a bit convoluted, but sort of there. it was sort of getting there, but somewhere along the way things went wrong. kde really got out of hand after the v3.

i blame applesoft osx coming out and everyone else (including microsoft) also rushing to make things just as shiny. and now xfeces and MATE look ...eh and KDE is a convoluted directionless clusterfuck (despite having impressive work under the hood), while GNOME is doing everything to reinvent the wheel and doing weird, irritating things (which i secretly support because everything else is even more stagnant garbage).

Have to agree. I try to emulate it, but not to autistic levels of perfection.

>.t 33yo boomer

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-05-16 17-03-24.png (1280x800, 329K)

It is when every video you play is screen tearing like hell

Windowmaker is the peak GUI asthetic, especially the latest release with tiling functionality.

This is what I hate the most about Win10, it's the first version that hasn't the classic theme still on board. It doesn't even let you configure the RGB color of the old windows, it's literally blocked. Of course you could install a custom tool, but I'm not autistic enough. Also it will probably slow your computer down and install botnets.

>it's the first version that hasn't the classic theme still on board

Attached: 1440677953971.jpg (890x890, 116K)

>30yo boomer
Is this a new meme bait? I'm starting to see this bullshit too often just today.
30 year olds are millenials. Boomers are over 50 moron.

The good ol' Mist was pretty comfy too.

I meant to quote this retard

I believe Windows XP x86 doesn't have this problem.
If it just wasn't so obsolete.

imagine being this retarded

East or West
Windows 98 is the best

CDE.
Default KDE 1.0 and 2.0.
Classical Mac OS.
AmigaOS.
BeOS.
The list goes on.

Vista-7 Classic theme is shit.

Use Q4OS

Attached: 1514079771290.jpg (1152x864, 130K)

Attached: 1519858012096.png (1920x1080, 146K)

Attached: 1513084476273.png (3097x919, 540K)

Boomer is a state of mind

>30 year old boomer is out of touch, distraught, and wishes people would just stay in their fucking boxes
memes become reality

>Complain about windows
>Replicate windows environment

Freetards

i prefer XFCE

that isnt vista, so no
looks pretty good desu
this
the shitty 7 icons ruin the aesthetic

Holy fuck I want to use this right now. WHY didn't we just keep going with this? WHHHY are modern DE's so shit?

>>Complain about windows
I never complained about windows.

its pretty easy to get Q4OS to look like that seeing as its kde3

I honestly don't really like 4dwm that much with the toolchest and awkward iconized window placement, the general layout wastes tons of space if you prefer to arrange your windows around major interface elements like I do, I really think VUE/CDE did it better placing everything on a single horizontal panel and making windows iconify on a vertical strip on the left.

Attached: Untitled.png (1280x1024, 1.21M)

Is there a more comfy theme than ubuntu unity?
Is this the pinnacle of DE design?

Attached: Ubuntu_13.04_Desktop.png (1920x1080, 1.98M)

pretty

this does a pretty alright job
it kind of breaks the throwback for me when people include the default desktop icons nobody ever used though

As comfy as my asshole on a bedpost

the reason these interfaces were good is because they were the result of years of HCI research, mostly starting at Xerox PARC. even people with no nostalgia for them will find them more intuitive to use.

modern UI (or "UX" as it's memed) has become nothing more than a dick wagging competition amongst "designers" who care about nothing but the aesthetic of their interface in a total vacuum, ignoring the environment it inhabits. everyone wants to be the Jony Ive of whatever they're making, despite his overhaul of iOS being an atrocious disaster

Attached: settings-app-control-panel-windows10.jpg (1600x900, 137K)

I find it annoying that we have to have an "experience" when using a computer's interface. The interface is to get me to the experience, not to create an experience itself.

No one would say turning the key in their car's ignition is an "experience".

well, productivity was the focus of wave 1 HCI, reducing errors and increasing efficiency.

wave 3 is the state we're in now where normies use interfaces for entertainment, so it all has to be an "experience". while it might make sense for snapchat and shit like that, for some reason it has bled into OS and productivity software design

so, i can take that as a yes?

I never understood how they decided that monochromatic line art was a better UI. I now actually have to read the icon descriptors (especially if the window was resized and they're out of place). back then you could spot an icon from memory by color pattern without even reading anything.

Attached: windows_2000_control_panel_by_supergames699-dbh2mef.png (680x457, 41K)

>Win10

this right here. I hate win10 for this reason

win8 removed the classic theme
not win10
brainlets

>comfy

Attached: 1442866158229.png (199x587, 44K)