Today's reason GNOME sucks

Gnome bloat - years old but give GDM it's own GNOME session. Labelled forever as basically WON'TFIX - it's a "feature", not a "bug".

It adds 300 MB bloat to GNOME. You can't make this shit up. Goddam GNOME sucks so hard. Now, with the first ever (believe it or not) "performance fest", it MAY be getting looked at.

bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=747339

Attached: linux-gnome-wallpaper-awesome-linux-gnome-wallpaper-linux-gnome-of-linux-gnome-wallpaper.jpg (1200x750, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gnome.org/Initiatives/Wayland/GnomeShell/GnomeShell4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The reason gnome sucks is not fucking GDM.
It's the entire shell that's wrapped in some fucking javascript blocking terror that makes the fucker stutter if you even look your fucking desk.
It's so shit that the developers that didn't commit seppuku at Red Hat started to work on Gnome Shell 4 to "most likely" completely rewrite the entire trash they made.
The code base so impressively hacked together and forgotten after commit that it has to take Canonical, after they dropped Unity, to fix weird shit like getting it to work on monitors that run over 60hz.
Like fucking mouse cursor stutters and freezes on Wayland, why? What the fuck where they thinking.
The latest and greatest news from the trans-bukkake-fest is that they removing executables from view in nautilus.

Absolute fucking trash.

If not gnome then what?

KDE

Xfce

KDE was always really unstable for me. At least gnome doesn't randomly crash.

X feces looks like Windows XP.
I've tried to like KDE for years, feels like a glossy plasma bloat.

I'd rather use i3, but ik most people don't swing that way. Hopefully the devs have learned their lesson and will go with the option A rewrite, rather than the crappy option B. wiki.gnome.org/Initiatives/Wayland/GnomeShell/GnomeShell4

>X feces looks like Windows XP.
That's not a bad thing

>stutters and freezes on Wayland
fake news. GNOME is the only desktop to properly support Wayland

Gnome is more bloated than KDE by a significant margin for a while now

>X feces looks like Windows XP
How so?

>X feces looks like Windows XP.
good

I swear I never want to hear about brand loyalty ever again from you linuxtards. You losers would use gnome even if all functionality was removed, "because there is nothing else".

Linux for the desktop will never work because you losers don't use your computes for anything useful. Your lifestyle is as worthless as gnome.

I still like gnome even if it uses ram
I've got a few spare rams lying around

Gnome is trash, don't use it and if u really only want gnome, well, you better fork brah

bloat is not solved with RAM, I have 8 GB which is way more than needed to run most distros, and Gnome still takes a lot of time to load

Why do people waste time hating systemd when there is gnome shit spraying in every direction?

just use tint2+openbox and a launcher if you don't want tiling autism.

I still like gnome, even if it
wait... no it doesn't take a long time to load. there's a reason they went with systemd and wayland

>Gnome still takes a lot of time to load
There is literally no correlation between memory amount and something loading. Even 128gib will not help you if you have c2d and old ass hdd

I tried kde, it sucked
I tried installing lxqt but it won't show up in the active DM at login
Gnome is also shit, because you can't just tweak it without some obtuse tweak tool that doesn't really do much tweaking and then you need to install fucking extension's to gain any reasonable functionality

HEY FUCKING DEVS, WHY DID YOU PUT A FUCKING HOT CORNER THAT ACTIVATES WITH THE MOUSE INSTEAD OF A CLICK? FUCKING RETARDS.

LEFT CORNER IS NOT A SUITABLE PLACEMENT.

Seriously where's the fucking config.txt file that allows me to disable and enable shit? it's 2018 and this is linux why is this shit so fucking aggravating.

Is i3 a suitable replacement for someone like me who is angry at everything?

>GDM Runs on TTY1, While GNOME Shell Started in TTY2
Truly, a work of an art

FORK AND SHUT UP!
DO SOMETHING INSTEAD OF BEING A NU NORMIE

Attached: 9988E8A925B7488A967E0154C2142C69.jpg (700x470, 48K)

Or just not support trash developers and use the software that is maintained by someone more competent.

It's why we use lundix and not wangdows right?

In C++, I can derive from std::exceptions for own custom exception types. Now in Rust I want to create my own error (I can't find a proper error implementor for mismatched lengths). Where should I look at? Here's why I want it
fn memberwise_addition(
l1: ::std::collections::LinkedList,
l2: ::std::collections::LinkedList,
) -> Result
where
T: ::std::ops::Add,
E: ::std::fmt::Debug,
{
if l1.len() != l2.len() {
return Result::Err("Mismatched lengths.");
};
unimplemented!()
}

Attached: 1518262781356.jpg (795x1097, 319K)

Ops, wrong thread