Smallest Single Board Computer

What is the smallest single board computer that can run linux? I've found the item pictured, a Nanopi Duo, but was wondering if there might be something smaller

Attached: NanoPi-Duo-layout.jpg (740x600, 263K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/librecomputer/libre-computer-board-tritium-sbc-linux-android-7-n
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallax_Propeller
archive.li/4q1MJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

oh idk user, look at how the bare minimum soc ram wifi chips + usb+sd slots almost add up to the things size
what sort of stealth shit are you trying?

grab the blueprints to nanopi duo and re arrange it in 2 story pcb the allwinner bga seems big enough (13x13 pins) for a manual solder

>micro usb
OUT!!!

OK I know I am retarded but where is the output, how do you get video out?

for that matter where is the power supply/power in?

you must be the first user that instead of only watching images he skips them and only reads, on an image board

>allwinner
dropped. that being said, practically all very small sbc's use allwinner; including CHIP and nanopi series.

there's obviously some sbc's that are rather niche and there are full systems running inside of hard drives and power management modules but are completely black boxed to the outside aside from jtag uart. i believe the smallest available for purchase is VoCore, intended to be a diy IoT module.

no, seriously, the pins seem used up in specific signaling

Attached: Duo_pinout-02.jpg (740x360, 200K)

you can use spi for running gpio lcds

but yeah, the thing doesn't have native video out; it's entirely set up by ssh. kind of a waste as the cpu has integrated mali t400 i believe

>kind of a waste as the cpu has integrated mali t400 i believe
These small SBC's are mostly for IoT application, where you simply don't need a video out.

The vocore is smaller and cuter

Attached: images(2).jpg (224x224, 7K)

Your phone components are probably 1/3 smaller than that all up. You'll pay for it though.

Shit looks comfy af

>run linux
and do what?
most sbcs are useless
can you even browse the web with 1gb of ram?

> vocore
> has a headphone jack

this thing was literally created by some genius to BTFO apple for all eternity

Usually these are used headless, so VNC is your friend or SSH.
The power comes in via the OTG micro-USB port.
If you really need video out there's usually a pin for "TV Out" or composite video on the GPIO header. The RaspberryPi Zero, for instance, has a mini-HDMI port.

Your lack of insight is alarming.
The proportion of CPUs that are used with a keyboard, mouse and keyboard is miniscule compared to the number used in servers, printers, comms gear, PC I/O, controllers etc.
Having a dedicated CPU running each of your firewall, your print server, your streaming music server, etc has advantages. Breaking one doesn't take the others with it.
One job, one tool.

Yes you fucking /v/ dolt. 8GiB of RAM wasn't very common back in 2000

>can you even browse the web with 1gb of ram?
no, it's impossible

Attached: arch 341M.png (1280x800, 327K)

I dunno, user, a SBC really needs to have some output device to be any practical use.
You can program them to do various IoT things, but fuck that shit.

specs

it's just a VM i made to demonstrate what can be done on low memory systems

>36$
wtf?
even RPI zero is about 15$

Any single board computers that are 100% open source?

you mean open hardware ? open hardware blueprints at least, banana pi

i dont think there are open specs for soc chip.. i mean disregarding the closed arm parts

>wifi
botnet

they don't exist

kickstarter.com/projects/librecomputer/libre-computer-board-tritium-sbc-linux-android-7-n

>smallest single board computer
I thought I wanted one until I realized how much nicer Ethernet is to work with than Wi-Fi.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallax_Propeller

This. You can also get it without the ethernet breakout.

Not at microcenter.

archive.li/4q1MJ