Can anyone help me with this? I've got this chip and I have no idea what it is...

Can anyone help me with this? I've got this chip and I have no idea what it is. And an ML308 is not a 14 pins chip like that. After doing some researches, I can't find much.

I remember somewhere they said it might be a soviet chip with a code that doesn't match the common code with use but then again, I have no clues.

Anyone have an idea?

Attached: 308.jpg (4608x3072, 1.22M)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/Motorola-SeminarsandApplicationBooksLinearIntegratedCircuits_1979-DL
datasheets360.com/pdf/6956281092158615266
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

just search the model with datasheet behind it dumbass.

A photodiode is a semiconductor device that converts light into an electrical current. The current is generated when photons are absorbed in the photodiode. Photodiodes may contain optical filters, built-in lenses, and may have large or small surface areas.

I know what a photodiode is. I can't find a datasheet for this chip that isn't a photodiode.

Put it in a programmer and read it

Good idea! I'm not a technology expert, I was just searching for an answer.

Gonna buy a chip programmer.

No idea, but while trying to find it I found more of those white ceramic/gold DIP package ICs and they look super cool.
Anyone know why they were used over modern black plastic? And why we don't use them anymore?

>no idea what the pinout is or Vcc is
>just stick it in a random device which might release the magic blue smoke
and Jow Forums proves how retarded it is yet again

>or Vcc is
really nigga, there's a black dot on the first pin and the universal U

>why are most chips made out of plastic instead of gold
you're a retard too

besides there's no real way to tell what it is

>not shitposting instead of letting a tech thread 404 while 400 bait threads are up

The black dot is pin 1, and Vcc is a voltage level you retard

its probably plated copper or something
i was more interested in why they went through the trouble to use ceramic and metal when they could have just used plastic.

Check distance between pins, the vast majority of Soviet electronics had a different clearance than the standard ANSI stuff
If it's some Soviet chip you might get some luck in random Russian forums, but the vast majority of that stuff isn't documented
Anyways, go to you're in Jow Forums - Consumerism General

Thank you! :)

botnet

its a JUUL

>programmers
>for a unknown chip
OP doesnt even know if it is some type of PROM or microcontroller you retard. And your programmers are so shitty they dont even have cases

Pretty awesome, date code is 1973 so it's pretty early. Ceramic and gold are milspec/space spec parts generally, when you have to make sure there is no corrosion. Plastic is just more modern and much cheaper. I have to wonder actually if it's a shift register, used as a crypto chip (think like a hardwired lock that had to be put into a milspec radio), enigma machine on a chip. If you could delid one and get a die shot I could tell you for sure.

t. grandpa hackerman

Great infos, unfortunately it's the only one I have. But I'll check if I can find some more...

I got this at my local electronic store, was searching of an LM308 chip (OpAmp) and the guy gave me this. I knew it wasn't what I was searching for but I thought it was special looking so I bought it anyway. I'll check if I can buy more.

Yeah I'd get as many as you can if they are cheap, gold ICs go for $$$ on ebay.

it's not an ML308, it's an ML308M

I think it's an op amp. Motorola LM308J is listed as a direct replacement in this book:
archive.org/details/Motorola-SeminarsandApplicationBooksLinearIntegratedCircuits_1979-DL
Datasheet for LM308:
datasheets360.com/pdf/6956281092158615266

It would be plausible. 14 pins and I found some old LM308D with ceramic casing. But why would it be ML308 instead of LM308?

Listed here as a replacement.

Attached: page.png (2022x2756, 312K)

>you're in Jow Forums - Consumerism General
Every time Jow Forums is confronted with man actual interesting tech issue, they just show how little they know. It's pathetic. Jow Forums used to pretend to be more than a consumerism board.

Well then got my answer :) Thanks a lot!

gibs it back Sascha

lol, so it was what you wanted after all, just 45 years old.

>Maybe it's soviet
It's not Soviet, all soviet technology has cyrilic inscriptions
>ML308 is not 14 pin
A have a ton of OpAmps home where most of the pins are not used. Sometimes they just pack it in 14 pin because it's cheaper to reuse than build new packages. I think I have one OpAmp with 8 pins - where only 5 are used

Also, why care about some rando chip. Chips like that cost less than 50cents. Don't bother if you can't find anything about it

>put it in a programmer
It could be
- OpAmp
-regulator
-MosFET
-anything semiconductor
-timer
-switcher
also programable chips don't look like that
>Good idea! I'm not a technology expert
how do you know it's a good idea then ?