Nvidia 1180-1170 GPU

So when are these fuckers going to release this? it looks like a mayor improvement but since AMD is not going to compete I guess the prices will be retarded.

Attached: 1.png (744x692, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-turing-faq,37067.html
forum.notebookreview.com/threads/use-at-your-own-risk-widespread-bricks-nvidia-geforce-drivers-v364-72-findings-fixes.789930/page-19
gamespot.com/articles/nvidias-new-driver-causing-more-problems/1100-6435657/
eurogamer.net/articles/starcraft-ii-is-melting-graphics-cards
anandtech.com/show/3605
extremetech.com/computing/238633-evga-gtx-1080s-1070s-allegedly-exploding-due-improper-vrm-cooling
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 2.png (443x258, 4K)

It'll release in 2021

August. At least for the versions worth getting.
Probably.

I don't need to upgrade from my 1080 but when I do it's not gonna be to some stopgap crap I'm waiting for rtx 7nm cards

>Not going for 1080ti
KYS.

just buy Titan V you poor fuck

For what purpose?

If it's for gaming, don't buy a Titan V. A 1080ti will perform around the same for way less money. Titan V isn't made for gaming and isn't great at it.

If it's for machine learning research, don't buy a Titan V, buy a dozen.

Can't wait for everyone worldwide trying to snipe it as soon as it hits the shelf to beat the bitcoin miners.

What does the miners buy?

Amd

Typically AMD though mid to high end Nvidia are in demand too. They buy whatever gives best hashrate for price plus power usage, and the price varies by how many miners buy it. Once the price on one model is jacked up, suddenly less efficient models become a better deal.

Should I just buy a 1080 Ti right now? Is it even worth waiting however long?

If you can manage to snag EVGA's SC2 for $750 then it might be worth it.
Still probably best to wait for the 1170 and save hundreds for close to the same performance.

So if I can't get that card, absolutely worth waiting?
I'm just unsure because I don't know how long I'll be waiting

The GPU market right now is going back to normal, all the prices are going down and since the 1170 and 1180 are coming "SOONtm" you can get something like 1080ti way cheaper in like one or 2 more months.

Okidoki, I'll hold my horses for the time being.

Thanks friend

If you're insisting on a 1080ti then that is the only one that even comes close to reasonably priced, right now.
If you can wait 2-4 months third party 1100 cards should be out. The 1170 is rumored to be priced at $500. One would also expect the current generation of cards to drop in price.
If you can wait then wait.

>If it's for machine learning research, don't buy a Titan V, buy a dozen.
>Can't even 1st grade arithmetic correctly
No thanks

What?

Can't wait to upgrade my 770 and finally enter the world of VR.

>he thinks that he'll be able to buy a GPU relatively near launch
Good luck getting a GPU near MSRP before December bud

these better be getting revealed at Computex or I swear to fucking god...

After they finish counting all the profits made from price gouging.

>CAN'T do 4k 60+
Yeh Nah 16gb cards with better faster memory and mcm 7nm will stomp on that old card come 2020 or before

I hope you're right 900 bucks for a 2 year old graphics card

Attached: Screenshot_20180517-014332_Firefox.jpg (1440x2960, 978K)

Bought a 1070ti fuck waiting for shit.

aorus 1080 ti is almost 1400 usd in my country, also from EU so without the 3rd world country BS

Should i just wait for the next gen (12**) at this point

Who the hell knows when that will be?

1160 when?

anything they can get

Keep in mind that the 1300 series is right around the corner. Hold off for now.

Yeah true. 15** is looking pretty good at this point. 2nm rumors are interesting. Plus we gotta see how tesla cores play out

tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-turing-faq,37067.html

>According to industry sources who spoke with Tom's Hardware Germany's Igor Wallossek on condition of anonymity, we expect a July release for the Founder's Edition cards with third-party cards to follow in August or September. Laptop versions of the cards will come later in the year.

>These sources indicate that Nvidia will be delivering the GPU and memory over to partners on or around June 15th.

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

>over 80% market share
>2 year old product still sold like hot cakes as soon as it's below 1.5x MSRP
>waste time and resources releasing new arch
Why would they ever do that

Attached: 1466074592206.jpg (539x480, 65K)

Ahh yes and then be like Gayymd which only cares for speed and it seems to crash on every single game out there and has more problems then the world can see.

I'll stay with the moneyhatted GPU. At least i know their shit works and doesn't blow my shit up and break my ports like the one time the RX series overdrew power and broke some boards.

forum.notebookreview.com/threads/use-at-your-own-risk-widespread-bricks-nvidia-geforce-drivers-v364-72-findings-fixes.789930/page-19
gamespot.com/articles/nvidias-new-driver-causing-more-problems/1100-6435657/
eurogamer.net/articles/starcraft-ii-is-melting-graphics-cards
anandtech.com/show/3605
extremetech.com/computing/238633-evga-gtx-1080s-1070s-allegedly-exploding-due-improper-vrm-cooling

Lmao, this seems like a bi-yearly occurrence with Nvidia.

All fake news, every time someone's card not working they try to blame the driver

News about 1150?

Cute.

Budget options for new gen always come out last.
You should be asking that question a year after 1180 release.

GTX 1080 came out in May 2016, GTX 1050 Ti came out October 2016, 5 months later

Expect the same for the next gen GPU, GTX 1150 Ti/2050 Ti should be out in November then

Does Nvidia still spy on users who have bought their product which presumably means they shouldn't be the product themselves?

>2 full years since release
>Still not a single shred of credible info released or leaked
>cards still selling like hotcakes at above MSRP
I was hopeful they'd launch sometime during or around Computex but I'm getting a feeling it's gonna be more towards the year's end now, they're gonna milk Pascal to the last nano-sized drop especially since AMD isn't a threat to them still when it comes to GPU sales

this is the worst timeline

>trying to snipe it as soon as it hits the shelf to beat the bitcoin miners.
The miners are the ones that'll be doing the sniping NOcoiner

Can someone explain why AYYMD can hold their hand against Intel but when it comes to Nvidia they literally shit themselves in 2 seconds?

Attached: faggotgaben.gif (480x292, 1.99M)

Because all R&D money has been going to the CPU division since 2014

Have you only just started paying attention to PC hardware or something? AMD were far further behind Intel than they are behind Nvidia from 2011-2017, and the situation wasn't much better for several years before that (Phenom IIs were decent, but still inferior to Core).

This happened to AMD cards too with the older free Linux driver, there's a bug about over at xorg bugzilla. Some coding error made the fans on several cards not spin. The code in question wasn't actually from AMD, though. Just saying shit can happen to their cards too.

They have more limited resources than either and have to compete with both. AMD were very competitive with Nvidia right up to Maxwell. Tahiti and Hawaii were both excellent GPUs that competed at the high end. But AMD were completely dead and uncompetitive in the CPU market at that time. So they devoted their resources to that instead, which eventually brought Ryzen, but at the cost of endless rebrands and falling away on the GPU side of things. They just don't have the money to do both at the same time.

Though now that CPU performance has plateaued somewhat and Ryzen looks like it'll be good for the next few years at least, perhaps we'll see decent AMD cards again in the next year or two.

GP100 has more aggressive clock boosting. If you're after the highest fps, you should be getting that one.

>"""upgrading""" to some shit incremental refresh in 2018
>when 2019 will see the biggest performance jump in a decade as we go to both 7nm CPUs and 7nm GPUs

The buyers remorse threads will be glorious

Such pointless card

LOL prices won't stabilise until after new year Nd minercucks will flood the market with 1xxx series hahahahaha

With that raja fuckpooper gone and mcm 7nm and infinity fab coming to rtg new gpus they are gonna come back in a big way
Navi will be shit but whatever come after it will kick some serious shrekteam ass

>Why would they ever do that
Because Intel wants to also make discrete gpus.
They can't let their guard down.

Why would 14nm -> 7nm bright a giant performance leap when 32nm -> 22nm and 22nm -> 14nm both failed to do so?

AMD has to compete both novidea and jewintel. With limited resources and against all the fanboys who buy nvidia no matter what , like in the 5xxx vs 4xx era