Was Linux Mint Xfce 17.3 the peak of Linux?

was Linux Mint Xfce 17.3 the peak of Linux?

Attached: screenFetch-2018-05-17_00-38-11.png (1920x1080, 1.38M)

gnome 2.30 was the peak of the linux desktop

Windows XP was

it's GNOME

>mint
>peak
>of anything

Why 17.3 and not 18.3?

What is the point of mint? Ubuntu but shittier?

Honestly I just installed Xubuntu 18.04 and it's pretty comfy

The audio quality (through headphones) on my thinkpad seems to have improved somehow, but the trackpoint is all jerky so I'll probably have to configure it some more

install ubuntu budgie

Attached: 4kb.jpg (4096x2304, 674K)

systemD

Why not Solus?
It comes with budgie default and is probably the most optimised desktop distro

How is it shittier?

Ubuntu 10.04 was

I use Solus as main os. The only problem with solus are the repos. The only good thing about ubuntu are the repos. Ubuntu + Budgie = Perfection

Hi Kevin

and no, Solus is unstable shit. Budgie is a good idea tho, it just needed a solid base and ubuntu fixes that.

>that terminal that exists only for screenfetch
Nice optimization baka

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1526568102196.jpg (500x315, 23K)

>Top kek

>Linux Mint

Attached: Blinding Top Kek.jpg (640x640, 39K)

I'm rocking 18.04 Xubuntu too. Only downside is it doesn't like to turn my monitor on right away. I have to unplug it for some weird reason.

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

Attached: 1501737447897.gif (400x360, 1.79M)

Ubuntu 16.4 LTS with Unity was the peak. Now with Gahnome, it's going downhill. And no, XFCE is not a serious IDE. Nor is X3.

>And no, XFCE is not a serious IDE.
The settings menu for XFCE is a little sparse, but it has the stuff you're going to use the most and the rest can still be configured the old school way. Other than that it pretty much just works.

>derivative of a derivative distribution
>Israeli development team that is suspiciously slow to address vulnerabilities and frequently acts suspicious as fuck
>history of exploited security vulnerabilities that have even impacted non gnu/Linux systems
>package maintainers are slow as fuck
Even if you used Ubuntu’s software repos, mint is nothing more than a highly suspicious Israeli spin on Ubuntu. Ask yourself, why is mint so popular? Is it really popular or is it perceived as popular(shilled)? What do users have to gain by using mint over the better documented, more secure, and user friendly Ubuntu?

The answer is that mint offers no significant advantages over Ubuntu while introducing significant security risks with a history of exploitation. It is the pet project of Israeli(possibly state sponsored) scammers experimenting with exploiting open source systems.

Doesn't Xfce lack vsync? So you get screen tearing?

The developer hates Isrealis and has asked them not to use the distro out of spite you incredible retard.

literally this.

>The Jew cries out in pain as he strikes you

Imagine using Mint and having packages update more than a month after Ubuntu gets them and 7-18 months after gentoo/arch/void. GNU/BTFOd

Yeah, you have to use Compton or the like to get rid of it.

is budgie any good? I've used kde for a long time, tried mate and gnome but couldn't digest them. I'd really like to have the ricing availability of gtk3

budgie has the customization level of mate but with a modern feel, being based on gnome3 instead of 2. It's how gnome3 should've been.

you only get screen tearing with some GPUs (nvidia mostly)

hmm. sounds nice. gonna try it out when I have some time
I use arch btw

MATE is the actual pinnacle of the Linux desktop