Are there any Windows laptops with trackpads anywhere near the quality of a MacBook trackpad...

Are there any Windows laptops with trackpads anywhere near the quality of a MacBook trackpad? tfw I'll probably never switch back to Windows because of this.

Attached: macbook-select-silver-201706.jpg (452x420, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hp-probook-elitebook-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>never switch back to Windows
good for you, macfag

Attached: 1526092714221.jpg (269x188, 12K)

Attached: 1495216859775.jpg (615x820, 152K)

You can install Windows on your Macbook, idiot.

How's the x1 carbon trackpad compare if any x1 owners are lurking?

Apple's trackpad driver for Windows is shit.

if you use a trackpad so much that you care about it being as good as a mac's then your not using your computer efficiently

get a mouse ffs

Explain?

I don't understand this trackpad shit. Doing with 2 hands is kinda difficult. Mouse is superior.

>x1 carbon
kekekekekeek
If you are considering a X1 Carbon, get a macbook

>macbook air

Microsoft Surface, but then you're dealing with a 25% failure rate on their machines.

A trackpad is nothing without a proper driver.

this. gave my 2009 macbook pro to my mom two years ago and got a surface pro. the trackpad on the surface is the best in the windows world but still inferior to the macbook trackpads.

yeah, but, isn't the Surface, like, a retarded tablet with a crutch and not a laptop?

>if you have a good trackpad you can't use keyboard shortcuts

Form factor is irrelevant when trackpads are the topic and both have trackpads.

>Arguing over who has the better trackpad
l2keyboard and buy a mouse faggots. i actually cringe when i see "tech savvy" people fumbling around with track-pads. let me guess, you type predominantly with your thumbs too, right?

Attached: patheticskinner.jpg (500x307, 38K)

okay, why not get a smartphone then? it's effectively one big trackpad

I already have a macbook I was just curious because "MUH THINKPAD"

Use a mouse you fucking degenerate

HP laptops use glass trackpads. It's pretty good.

Attached: s-l1600-1-8.jpg (1600x1600, 399K)

Just buy a used one after 25% of the warranty has passed.

They don't support OSX though

tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hp-probook-elitebook-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

Attached: shrug.jpg (1080x1349, 73K)

>Apple's trackpad is shit.
there fixed

>I've never used one
there fixed

I'm guessing you've never touch one. It's literally the only good thing it has.

>macshit

Are there any Macbooks with cooling anywhere near the quality of a even budget PC laptops? tfw I'll probably never switch back to Fagintosh because of this.

Attached: 1511291667666.jpg (851x474, 107K)

Most laptops around the $500 mark have equal to or better quality trackpads. This isn't the XP era where everything was cheap shit using generic Synaptic drivers.

X1 Carbon is actually a pretty good cheap laptop for someone who just needs something basic. You can get a Haslel one for like $300, good luck finding even a Sandy Bridge Air for under $600-700.

>Macbooks
>cooling
No. If you get one, get used to running both fans at 6200RPM just to get it down to just over 50c playing a video and browsing Jow Forums (speaking from experience, pic related).

Attached: ice cold temps.jpg (307x110, 21K)

Report and hide.

Attached: macshills.jpg (4500x3000, 1.6M)

Are apple under some sort of contractual obligation to compensate for the amazing trackpad with the worst keyboard imaginable?
I'd honestly rather type on a ZX spectrum

I do not use the trackpad and instead use a mouse(or a clit mouse if available) because i am not an imbecile.
But you can just install windows on it.

My 13" 2015 rMBP is silent almost 24/7 and I'm running in high 50's, a lot of the cooling comes passively from the unibody.

Under torture my ProBook 470 rarely goes over mid 70s, depending on ambient temperature of course.

I7 4702mq and HD8750m.

Idles in the mid 30s.

Apple haters will buy it no matter what, so why waste money on a good trackpad?
Same reason why chink notebooks now cost as much as macbooks.

So?
Why does it matter if it's nowhere near TJmax? For desktop parts I would strive to cool them as much as possible but for laptops you've just got to deal with the fact that a smaller form factor is gonna get hot.

My MBP idles in the high 40's but I never hear the fan ramp up, compared to XPS machines we have around here the macbooks are whisper quiet, which matters way more for a laptop practically.

No. Even high end windows laptops come nowhere close.

Because my friends MacBook pro throttles while playing csgo and he regrets buying it because of how poor the cooling solution is. It can barely handle anything taxing like Photoshop or Premier because it gets too hot for him to even touch it thanks to the chassis being part of the cooling solution.

Get a bluetooth mouse

>Using a mouse with a laptop
Why even buy a laptop in that case?

This is just ignorant.
Where does this anger come from?

>using a fagbook that struggles to play youtube videos without catching fire
Why even buy a laptop in that case?

Of course it's not gonna game well, why would you ever game on a Macbook Pro?

I use PS with professional workloads all the time and it's fine, he speaking out of his arse.

Macbooks are not made for heavy load work, they are lifestyle products for god's sake. If you have rendering or machine learning stuff going on, then you should have a custom built desktop. But that doesn't mean that you have to carry around an ugly Sony, Dell, or Lenovo if you need a laptop.
However, macfags will also never understand that Macbooks are not work horses.

>It can barely handle anything taxing like Photoshop or Premier because it gets too hot for him to even touch it thanks to the chassis being part of the cooling solution.
This. Macs are trash. Only brainlets would actually get suckered into buying these steaming piles of shit.

Attached: 1511417219800.jpg (2592x1944, 373K)

Just install precision drivers

I don't know mate, my 2012 macbook runs photoshop, illustrator and logic at the same time without generating any noise and heat. Maybe your friend is gay lol.

>if you have a good trackpad you can't use keyboard shortcuts
Partially true.
Keyboard is too far away because of shitty touchpads.

You don't want to hackintosh a laptop, anyways.
No matter how perfect it is you still can only use your integrated graphics. Not to mention..
no gestures
no native wifi
no retina
shit power management

>no retina
How much PPI is modern "retina" on the average MacBook?

Half what you'd get from 4K.

This is not an answer.
Right now my relatively shitty laptop from 2016 has 211 PPI. My friend's laptop from the same year has 262PPI.

What about retina MacBooks?

Not sure what you mean by "average macbook", but macbook pros are ~220 for both versions.

Panels are great quality even if the pixel density isn't phone tier.

>~220
So, why would you need "retina", when PPI is not great even by 2016 standards?

Also,
>Glossy display

Honestly I think software scaling is more important than pure density. Retina is important for things like Photography or graphics work (main reasons to get a mac in the first place).

That user's "no retina" comment was probs about the scaling, which is great in MacOS.

>fagOS scaling
>great

Attached: 1517244452862.png (662x580, 126K)

>Honestly I think software scaling is more important than pure density
I disagree, but it depends on the use case, obviously.
For example, I use my 210 PPI without any scaling, except a bit larger fonts.

Window is pretty good in most places when it comes to scaling and Linux has some great and not so great solutions.

Why do people spend hundreds of dollars on a Mac only to complain that it's shit?

Attached: file.png (900x900, 485K)

because macfags, that's why

What is this image even trying to show? The font rendering is the best part of the os desu.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 7.38.50 AM.png (2518x1436, 1.3M)

What if they didn't know how much they suck?
If I haven't used them personally, I might have even believed that Mac OS 10 is convenient.

>throw more pixels at it and call it good font rendering
Mactoddler brainlets everyone.

>Compressed PNG
sure thing Microshill

>10pt Helvetica as a test for scaling.
lmao you loser

What's the point in having a 4K screen if the scaling is dog shit? I have to deal with a lot of 13/15" XPS tops and honestly the screen real estate is wasted on terrible scaling.
If you've never seen the difference between MacOS and Windows scaling it's worth checking out, if Windows handled it half as gracefully as MacOS does there would be far more 4K screens on laptops and much faster adoption.

It's trollbait newfriend

>zoom in a ridiculous amount
>heheh, le font rendering is shit :^)

>plugging an external mouse into your laptop in public places

c r i n g e

What? How is taking advantage of a higher resolution bad? You should complain about something that's actually a problem, like non-replaceable batteries.

This. Macos font rendering is fucking shit. The only reason macfaggot brainlets call is good is 50% of macs sold come with hidpi displays which hide how fucking atrocious macos' font rendering is. I'd rather use Windows cleartype than the shitshow that is macos.

Why not sell it then?

>It's trollbait newfriend
Oh I know. I'm just impressed by the amount of pics there are in every mac hate thread.

Attached: file.png (2688x2688, 280K)

user this is a troll thread, it's the same falseflagging OP everytime.
t. I too falseflag pro-apple and pro-intel posts

>2012
There's your solution.

Looks pretty terrible on my laptop.

>Why not sell it then?
You lose money that way.

>What's the point in having a 4K screen if the scaling is dog shit?
More legible information on the same space. Beautiful fonts.
Also, scaling is far from shit. At least for Qt and GTK+ Apps.
>I have to deal with a lot of 13/15" XPS tops and honestly the screen real estate is wasted on terrible scaling.
Elaborate, what is terrible with it.
>If you've never seen the difference between MacOS and Windows scaling it's worth checking out, if Windows handled it half as gracefully as MacOS does there would be far more 4K screens on laptops and much faster adoption.
I have used friend's retina MacBook pro (not sure about the year, though). I was not impressed, to be honest. Looked like any other display.
Also, my partner has 4k 14" Windows laptop. Almost everything looks great. There are Panasonic printer drivers that scale terribly, but I don't think it's Window's fault.

Trolling and faggotry is par for the course here.

>Elaborate, what is terrible with it.
Try running external displays with lower resolutions on a 4K windows laptop, you cannot adjust the scaling individually for each display, we use 2K BenQ panels here and I've seen some hilariously bad scaling where MS apps will take up huge amounts of real estate instead of scaling gracefully. In the ideal setting it's okay assuming you're only using the in built display but it falls flat with anything else in a laughable fashion. This doesn't happen on MacOS.

Mac screens aren't some magic bullet, they just get panels with good colour accuracy that cover the colour spectrums extremely well, helps a bit with general use but it matters a ton when working with colour sensitive work (i.e. graphic design, photography), that's fine if it's not important to you, but for work in my field it's very important.

>you cannot adjust the scaling individually for each display
You can since at least 2015.

>Mac screens aren't some magic bullet
True,they are just your run of the mill IPS screens with not that great PPI.
If you need a good display for work, you don't buy MacBook, you buy a good fucking display and a calibrator.

Tracknub is patrician as fuck

I like the big trackpad, but the way apple makes you use it is super awkward

Attached: 1200px-Mouse_pointing_stick.jpg (1200x900, 128K)

> ugly
> lenovo
The X1 carbon would like a word

>You can since at least 2015.
If you have a 4K monitor as your primary display it doesn't work properly.

I wouldn't call them "run of the mill", they're great Samsung (? or LG) panels with high colour accuracy and good resolution, Apple were first to the block with high res laptop panels but obviously the difference has shrank over time.

>If you need a good display for work, you don't buy MacBook
That's exactly what you do. It's standard practice in /gd/. Colour accuracy is great OOTB without calibration.

>Apple were first to the block with high res laptop panels
May I see any proof of that? All I remember is that they were first to give them an "Apple" name. If I remember correctly, definition wasn't even that great.

>great with high colour accuracy and good resolution,
Such as almost any contemporary IPS

>without calibration
Yeah, I don't believe that. Even "precalibrated" displays often need additional calibration.

>Normal on /gd/
Is that supposed to show quality or something?
Being popular != Being good

>macshit
>color accuracy
2 rupees have been deposited to your Apple Marketing Affiliate Account.

Attached: 1501735873654.png (689x679, 449K)

>I won't install an OS because laptop manufacturers make trackpads of lower quality compared to Mac ones
You what mate? I am seriously disappointed when I see idiots like you here...

PowerBooks were really something to marvel at.
Apple also gave us palmrests.

>PowerBooks were really something to marvel at.
This.

Attached: 1516865270000.jpg (472x292, 24K)

Go back sooner, boomer.

Attached: Powerbook_150.jpg (1024x982, 172K)

Attached: 1525931149614.png (429x245, 38K)

Replace his mouth with the apple logo.

>I am blind to computer history and just a memer, the post
Dumb 9-year old boomer

>macshit
>computer history

Attached: 1524686587176.jpg (529x605, 164K)

the only windows laptop that exists is the Surface.

PowerBook 150 was released in 1993. I bet you don't even have the slightest indication of Apple in that time period, dumb Microshill boomer.

>m-m-muh froot toys!!!!

Attached: 1512057098681.gif (413x243, 51K)

Honestly, Mac computers aren't the best, but I simply cannot comprehend why my Macbook Pro 2009 still has a better trackpad than literally any other laptop out there. I have a 2017 X1 Carbon and it just doesn't compare. My MBP is practically archaic now compared to modern laptops but the trackpad is still top notch.
>inb4 jealous poorfags

Why is applel such a joke?

Attached: 1497482388909.gif (480x264, 1.54M)

Elaborate.
I have own MacBook pro 2006(I think) and often use new-ish ones (2015+) at my hipster phylologist friend's place.

I don't get why you think they are great. Don't feel like the one on my X1 Carbon 2015 is any worse.

He's literally a paid shill. He gets 2 rupees for regurgitating Apple marketing's buzzwords with zero facts to back it up.

more accurate, smoother cursor movement. The X1C is great but when I compare it to how the mbp trackpad feels, it feels like a retarded version of it, like my mouse is being limited.

>>>/reddit/

In 2012 nobody else was doing high res laptop panels, people on here scoffed at the idea of high PPI displays (Why do you need all that real estate it just wastes battery lmao gpu performance xDdddd).

>Such as almost any contemporary IPS
Nowadays panels are so good that I'm inclined to agree with you, but go back a few years and the MBP's displays smoke every similarly priced competitor, there's a reason why people raved about the screens despite them being glossy.

The "Cinema Display" released in 2006 was IPS.

>Is that supposed to show quality or something?
>Being popular != Being good
They are popular for the colour accuracy, which is important (as I said previously)

Because no matter how trash macs are, mactoddlers will praise them and then bend over and beg for more.

Attached: 1513460650090.jpg (731x620, 196K)