/spg/ - Smartphone General - I miss Windows phones edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX (embed) (embed)

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>Recent news
OnePlus 6 released, complain about it here OnePlus 6 Avengers: Infinity War Edition unveiled
gsmarena.com/oneplus_6_avengers_infinity_war_edition_is_just_tad_more_expensive_than_the_standard_one-news-31119.php

LG G7 ThinQ goes on sale
gsmarena.com/lg_announces_global_roll_out_for_g7_thinq-news-31115.php

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s Review
phonearena.com/reviews/Xiaomi-Mi-Mix-2s-Review_id4522

Attached: 1526488941123.png (1057x499, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dhl.com/en/express/tracking.html?AWB=9805366502&brand=DHL
forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/610643-phone-had-abnormal-factory-reset-now-processing-failed-when-logging-can-i-get-some-help.html
walmart.com/co/Verizon-Motorola-E4-16GB-Prepaid-Smartphone-Silver-Airtime-Bundle/47243883?u1=f815644c5a4311e8a46c5eb20a345d120INT&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=UbUihDh2awY&sourceid=21757294261887567616&affillinktype=10&veh=aff
browser.geekbench.com/android-benchmarks
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

RN5P is getting shipped out soon!

>my RN5P *

>miss Windows phone edition
>No mention of Windows phone

Way to miss Windows phone.

redpill me on the p20 pro lads

Seriously considering Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact if Mi7 will be shit.

Talk me out of it.

Why? What's so bad about xz2c? The new meme design?

I don't know. I'm impressed by it. Looking for any known defects of the device.

OnePlus 6 or Xiaomi Mix 2s
The base OP6 is cheaper than the Mix 2s

>need to flash custom kernel to save my current phone
>scared of bricking it
how 2 not fuck it up pls

I'm going to buy a Nexus 4. I want to install LineageOS on it but I'm not sure if it has the testing menu where I can enable LTE. Could anybody with LineageOS 14.1 or 15.1 check if it's there?
To get to the menu type *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer, go to "Phone information" and check if there's a dropdown for preferred network (WCDMA/GSM/4G etc.)

Attached: mako.jpg (620x464, 43K)

no headphone jack

On cm12 I don't remember that being a thing.

>to save my current phone
From what exactly?
>how 2 not fuck it up pls
Firstly, make sure you have downloaded the kernel version for your phone model. You should always have at least one TWRP backup before attempting something similar.

>(embed) (embed)
Fucking use the "copy text" fuunction 4chanX provides goddamnit.

Power button barely works anymore but the phone is fine aside from that. A custom kernel promises double tap to wake.

Thanks for the tip

Are the newer Oneplus phones worthy of being called flagship killers?

The Camera on the 5/5t is not good. At least in my opinion.
The camera on the 3 was better

Who knows of a selection of phones with the following stats:
8 or 10 core CPU 2.3Ghz
4GB ram
64GB space
Under 200$

are you poor?

SUp, Jow Forums broke my phone the other day :(
Prob gunna get a new one, but I never have any luck getting them so I figured I'd post here
America/Verizon/Around 300
Battery life, a good camera and vydia are my things. Droid Maxx 2 was my last little buddy, size felt brettygud, but it felt like some apps were made for bigger screens.

that was some nice phone
soo good looking, dat 768x1280 16:9 aspect ratio screen
too bad the camera have a ton of bugs and the battery life is laughable for today standards.

Are you 14?

>>Could anybody with LineageOS 14.1 or 15.1 check if it's there?

It works on my Moto G3 running LineageOS 14.1

Lol got a OnePlus 5 for £100 since the camera was broken, but it turned out just to be a software error and worked after a factory reset. Should I keep it or resell it?

What are the advantages of linageOS?

nop

15?

Anyone brought this up yet?

Attached: notchguy 2 notch harder.jpg (1600x1008, 128K)

I don't think guessing my age is very productive

Thanks for checking.
Clean android and few personalization features that AOSP doesn't have.

based Sam
no notch
still have micro sd slot
still have audio jack

I just got a promotion in the US which includes a cell phone credit. Now my AT&T bill is significantly cheaper, which means I can splurge on a phone :^)

I'm moving from an S7 Edge, which was nice but I hated the edge screen. I drop my phone like a motherfucker and the edge features were just not worth. Battery was fine.

I am a basic-bitch casual user. I talk, Snap, and occasionally play Crash Fever or Rules of Survival. I don't want a huge phone, but battery life is important to my job function. ofc no bloatware. Any suggestions?

Nokia 8

G3 died before my m7 but m7 is basically obsolete. Need a new phone. No notch shit no jackless shit and no touch jizz

Any phone thats similar to the Redmi 5, but smaller?

MY XIAOMEME IS COMING AGHHH

dhl.com/en/express/tracking.html?AWB=9805366502&brand=DHL

Also where is /csg/?

Are xiaomi's hardware buttons generally tactile and durable?

Just got a redmi 5 plus. Is there any real benefit to install google camera on it or is it some placebo gimmick?

They look good on my phone.
My gf has a Huawei and the buttons are way worse.

Interesting. Thanks for the insight, as this is something few reviewers pay mind to, so it's difficult to know ;-;
I'm trying to find out whether Xiaomi or Meizu has better hardware keys as mine always seem to wear out quickly due to the phone being under $100 and the buttons probably overused after a long time

gonna sell the blackberry dtek60 that I got for 80 for 140 euros and buy a s7 tomorrow and will flash lineage with google camera port then.

good idea?

is the Galaxy A8 good?

didn't you just get it

Yeah but i make money of selling phones so I switch a lot

That being said, my old iPhone 4s had better hardware buttons, at least the power and volume ones.

I already have permission to unlock the bootloader and I followed instructions correctly, and yet, the unlock button stays greyed out. Redmi 5 Plus by the way. What gives?

Attached: file.png (598x430, 24K)

If you don't want the edge you can look at the galaxy active series. Those are pretty nice.

>having to ask for "permission" to unlock your own phone

Attached: 1526568825891.jpg (640x640, 39K)

The thing that can really fuck your phone is flashing the bootloader wrong. Other than that most of the stuff is probably reversible

Can your ISP tell what device you're using? My contract says "iPhone only" from when I bought a 3GS many years ago. My contract is super cheap and infinite data so I wanna keep it but I'm concerned they'll cut me off if I switch phone. But I have an iPhone 6 right now and I've been really unimpressed. Would rather move to droid.

What do?

driver issue, phone is not recognized.

at least they don't have to pay for it

Does anyone have any experience with Letv Leeco Le Chinese phones?

Just got a Note 8 With Oreo. Feels gud man.

Android 8 update for the LG V20 fucking when? Shit's been out for like a year.

any lg v30 bootloops

Do not buy RN5. The screen is too big.

Best B28/ LTE 700 MHZ phone under 500 ?

any sub $50 phones?

>ordered meizu M6s
>find out newest Flyme version has an 'AI' function which picks up on user habits and adjusts accordingly, even 'performing maintenance at night'
fuck

my L930 is still going stronk
faggot even receives regular updates
may even brought a feature update, keyboard changed and more

HTC 10 battery dies at 45%. YT shows it's virtually impossible to change it without also having to replace the screen. Local store will change it for $75, but if the screen gets destroyed in the process they'll replace it for an additional $50. Is paying $125 worth it to save the phone for another year or should I just upgrade?

Garbo battery on the xz2c

Fellas?

Attached: IMG-20180517-WA0014.jpg (722x1280, 74K)

yeah, mate?

>having to ask for "permission" to unlock your own phone
A bot is most likely in charge of sending messages. I think it works by detecting the words used in the form you fill in. Unless you wrote something randomly, it's impossible to be denied. By the way, many newer Samsung models don't have unlockable bootloaders. This is nothing.

Cool. I've had my Mix 2 for about 7 months now, good phone

I'm leaving my lovely yotaphone 2 for some phone with better battery life.
The hisense A2 pro with 625/4 was the natural upgrade for around 300€ but a wild mi mix 2s appeared for 420€, so I'm going for the Xiaomi.

Will miss the eink screen

i'd wait for Lenovo Z5 senpai.. it's going to have fucking INSANE specs and a rumored 4 TB memory and 5k battery

Anyone know what's up with this Samsung galaxy s5? My cousin was trying to change the rom but it's stuck in this recovery mode. Any ideas on how to proceed?
It's an old att s5 if that's important, so the 900a model

Attached: IMG_20180517_161256.jpg (3120x4160, 3.43M)

What is the use case for all this performance we get these days?
Phones just blow my mind. You can really see the fruits of the entire computing industry abandoning desktop and going balls to walls on pushing phone performance.
I mean, the oneplus 6 for example, insane snapdragon 845, 8 gb of ram, 256 gigs of storage.
I use my phone to interact with the internet via clover and naked browser. What the fuck are people doing that they would benefit in the slightest from this shit?

Bought the Samsung Galaxy S9 and put LineageOS 15.1 on it. The only major issue I found was that creating a mobile hotspot disables my wifi (that's normal) but when I disable the hotspot again I can't connect to any wifis anymore until I restart. Also tethering over USB doesn't disable wifi (normal) but it doesn't actually use the wifi and just uses mobile data. Anyone else have the same issue? This all worked on my Galaxy S4 with cyanogenmod.

whenever you hard brick a phone you reflash the firmware as a last resort to it's ded

And how do I go about fixing this?

I ran MiUsbDriver.exe from the folder and got a chink message saying Recovery blablabla Fastboot, so I rebooted my phone in fastboot mode and it started loading something, now it's displaying this.

Attached: file.png (475x157, 13K)

Anyone have recommendations on a type c hdmi out and ethernet dongle?

t. handlet

Thanks! I reflashed but can't sign in, there's a page that says processing failed whenever I try to log into my Samsung account. Any ideas of what to do?

Attached: 1526605214259481514106.jpg (3120x4160, 3.49M)

>B L L O C K E D

Attached: blloc_phone_2.jpg (1050x700, 148K)

Is there a just as reliable alternative to swiftkeyboard?

Hello Miguel Angel Cueva what's the weather in Lima, Peru like today?

Attached: Capture.png (1398x373, 63K)

bastard
I live in China and I spent yesterday and the day before going across town to find one
I gave up last night and decided I'll just buy an OP6

I just want a really good camera on my phone and generally the best cameras come on phones with the best processors.
Virtually everyone I know cares about the camera and doesn't really care about performance as long as it's usable.

forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/610643-phone-had-abnormal-factory-reset-now-processing-failed-when-logging-can-i-get-some-help.html

whiping the activation lock and phone from their website sounds promising?

thanks user, but it seems as though my samsung account doesn't recognize my phone for some reason.

I registered the IMEI in the past but I can't find the phone through the where's my phone service. I was also thinking of flashing a new rom, but AT&T has some weird block on their phones so it's nearly impossible. Do you think I should just give up?

Did you try using Odin?

Wthf happened to smartphones? This notch & no 3.5 mm jack meme has to end. Every decent phone is $500 or over. My nexus 5 is falling appart and won't last till the end of the year, yet the only phone that satisfies my requirements is the v30, which is expensive as fuck. Worst timeline for phones.

Attached: 1512288261882.jpg (641x641, 73K)

This and every phone these days is gigantic.

Yeah I've been trying to reflash with odin, but the reactivation lock still appears after flashing.

you don't have 2 accounts like the first lady do you? otherwise maybe google can help you if nobody else here has ideas

I just remembered I had another account. I'm such an idiot, thanks again user, and sorry for wasting your time

I need a phone with the highest specs out there, all the best.
I am constantly away from home, so every bit of media and entertainment I consume has to be done through my phone.
I live in the US, money isn't really an issue, so I can figure out which phone to buy.
My question is this.
Should I keep my Art&t go phone service, and buy a phone outright, or switch to a plan where I get a free phone and just sign a contract?
I also need a huge screen so I can play PUBG mobile.

Lads the charger port on my phone is fucked, it takes many tries before it even starts charging and quick charge doesn't work.

Will it be the wire or is it the phone?

I'm no expert, but I'd say your first course of action would be to try a different charger.
I live a very active lifestyle, and all the moving around leads to me buying around 6 chargers a year.
Using shit just destroys it.

try a different cable duh

I have a moto e2 on ting, I tol my mother and she got a e4 at verizon prepaid a few months ago.
My e2 is really slow now so I'd like to upgrade.
I found this deal walmart.com/co/Verizon-Motorola-E4-16GB-Prepaid-Smartphone-Silver-Airtime-Bundle/47243883?u1=f815644c5a4311e8a46c5eb20a345d120INT&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=UbUihDh2awY&sourceid=21757294261887567616&affillinktype=10&veh=aff
The box for my mothers e4 said it would unlock after $30 or 3 months I think. Could I get this, transfer her over onto this one, give her the prepaid money too for her account, unlock hers and use that with ting?
Anyone have experience with unlocking verizon prepaid?

Attached: thinking dino.png (256x256, 90K)

*$60 or 3 months

>try not using cases
>get used to it after three or so months
>take a look at the back

Attached: 1526442306330.png (269x260, 116K)

My old Galaxy S3 is finally hitting the wall and I'm looking to replace it. If the fact that I'm still using a 6 year old phone didn't make it obvious, I don't care much about phones and I only want something that isn't a slow, outdated piece of crap. Based on the Wirecutter, I was looking at the Moto G5 Plus. However, that only has a score of 833 on Geekbench's benchmarks (browser.geekbench.com/android-benchmarks ), while the S3 scores around a 500. I know that the S3 was a flagship and a G5 Plus is a bargain model, but I would expect there to be a bigger increase in the power so many generations later. Is the benchmark fucked? Should I just shell out the extra 400 bucks for an S8 and not worry about power?