This is a joke right?

This is a joke right?
apple.stackexchange.com/q/325420
These answers are all jokes right? You cannot be serious that a desktop OS in 2018 doesn't allow you to run two calculators side by side (macfags will defend this as a design choice).

The solutions include gems such as navigate to the application folder and run it directly, and copy+paste it to make a second copy of the calculator application.

Attached: IMG_20180515_001645.jpg (640x354, 20K)

brainlet macfags can't handle two calculators at once

>it's been 3 decades and applel still can't do multitasking properly
lmao

Attached: 1505587451352.jpg (1000x1000, 287K)

brainlet macfags don't need multitasking computers

>implying anyone actually buys a Mac for functionality

Attached: GeorgeHammondUpgrdades.jpg (700x393, 108K)

>applel

Attached: 1519670191923.png (787x2673, 174K)

The best bit is the first comment, pure SE mindfuck.
>Q: how to get two instances?
>"I'm wondering why you'd want two instances of Calculator."

Attached: gavaspurdo.png (852x580, 58K)

most macfags i saw are shitposting with a mac while drinking starcuck coffee

>This is a joke right?
>apple

surprised he didn't put it as an answer

This is the standard response for 99% of Mac-related issues; "uh, why would you want to do that?" Because I fucking can, cunt.

SE/SO is full of retards.

Hey mcfaggots, can your shit OS do this?

Attached: 1516717348527.webm (882x651, 268K)

I unironically prefer mac, but fuck it has some shit you gotta deal with.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

>W10

To be fair, most times that I ended up running multiple instances of Calculator on Windows I did start a new one by running "calc" or pressing the calculator key without bothering to check too closely whether there's already an instance running.
It's not too obvious at first glance that it supports storing multiple intermediate values using the Memory Store button as well, which makes copy-pasting results between multiple instances redundant.
You still should have the choice to run multiple instances for multiple unrelated calculations, of course.

Attached: calc.png (376x545, 68K)

7/10 made me reply

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 01.07.49*AEST.png (732x1078, 521K)

You've got retards on the mpv thread that consider being able to run two instances of mpv as a bug.

>having to download 3rd party apps for basic functionality like multi-instance calculators
The ABSOLUTE state of fagOS.

Attached: 1503559985090.gif (500x384, 290K)

Not him but it's not a third party app, it's still sad though: what he's done is basically the equivalent of adding 3 of these useless Windows or KDE gadget things and claiming its the same thing. Also the browser window behind is not usable while on this "screen" so moot point.

Attached: 8gadgetpack.png (600x400, 130K)

>tfw to smart two need a calculator
Wangblows brainlets will never understand

>3rd party app
no.

Mac OS is setup to usually permit a single instance of a program. This avoids conflicts with e.g. program preference settings, scripting programs. You can make it do it quite easily with terminal commands.

The widgets make it easier and faster for me to bring up the calculators when I need to do a quick calculation without having to open a program.
Also, if I needed multiple calculator windows (or more complex computations) for whatever reason, I would use grapher.

Attached: 1526201767780.png (500x391, 111K)

Wait. You use MacOS, you should be retarded. How are you not?

>use two calculators side by side
Just open 2 python shells and use them as calculators. That's what I do on Linux.

Mac can do this natively fucking windows retards...

>3rd party apps
that's the built in calculator you retard

> correct way

Attached: 1524136419419.jpg (471x464, 41K)

Revolutionary. Powerful. Beautiful.

Now you can run only one calculator at a time, to save space.

>Siri, open another calculator please.

windows 7 calculator was the best

But he is.
Allowing one instance per "application" by default is a completely retarded OS design decision in the first place.

>Windows and Linux users taking 3 calculators to an engineering exam

Apple is doing it right. If you have a calculator, and you need ANOTHER calculator, you're fucking braindead. Prove me wrong.

HOLY SHIT

Attached: 1504650762627.png (253x199, 6K)

Buy two macs to multitask,

Tell us more about your meme daydreams of shit that never happened. You probably don't live within 10 miles of a Starbucks.

But it's literally true.

Yeah no it isn't. Macs are still

>not W10 LTSB

Attached: Capture.png (1897x1050, 899K)

not a macfag but spotlight is already a great calculator, who the fuck needs 2 extra ones

Apple is garbage but this is a problem on every OS for tons of applications. Users are dumb and its kind of undefined behaviour on whether a user wants to launch a second instance or if they want to just switch to a minimised already running application. From what I've seen developers just seem to pick one or the other arbitrarily.

topkek

It's never been a meme. Stop being a butthurt mactoddler.

> not using tabs instead

Attached: IMG_9129.png (640x1136, 61K)

macaco lixo

you must be one of those macfags i saw in starcuck

Morre macaco da merda.

>603
>6 0 3
>6 0

Attached: where is brazil.gif (480x360, 1.76M)