I always hated on Ubuntu because it wasn't le cool and edgy...

I always hated on Ubuntu because it wasn't le cool and edgy, but now that I've started using my computer again (and am trying out Ubuntu Live ISO), Ubuntu seems really well designed and comfy
It has everything that I want, and I'm sure I can even change how it looks if I wanted to.

Did any of you end up with Ubuntu after all your time with the other distros?

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-05-17 12-52-19.png (628x359, 254K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QQekFkgpFJs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>hating on something because it isnt "cool" or "edgy"
Unironically kys you're self

I'm kind of over gnome, and want my bspwm back. But I'm also to busy to tinker with my os these days, so I'm on Ubuntu too

>kys you're self

Attached: botnets_hold.jpg (1536x2048, 234K)

I hate GNOME, but I use Mint with KDE, which is pretty "normie," but I just want what works.

Mint is dropping KDE with the next release, what are you going to do, mate?

It's the windows of Linux complete with botnet reporting back to their servers

I dunno man I update as infrequently as possible so I'll probably do nothing and pretend it isn't an issue until it is. Then I'll probably just use Kubuntu or something, maybe OpenSUSE.

There is no "botnet" in Ubuntu, and if you're referring to the amazon shit they removed that since forever ago.

If you want more customization just try some different desktops on Ubuntu.

> Did any of you end up with Ubuntu after all your time with the other distros?
No, the opposite. I thought it might be comfy to have on a second machine as a desktop but then it was not.

Then I thought I could just use it on the server and even that turned out to be very annoying.

Glad it's working for you, though.

Attached: 0.png (50x276, 14K)

btw, i wonder how is that girl doing nowdays, after almost 10 years
is she a linux user now? did they helped her with her internet access?
does she use i3 now?
so many questions unanswered

I'm not. I'm talking about how it reports your system specs and reports crashes. We also don't need to get into the botnet of system d and it being a backdoor for alpha agencies

Ubuntu just works.

>Ubuntu seems really well designed and comfy
why are you lying on the internet

You are a special kind of stupid.

>Not doing minimal installation

It ain't nobody's fault you're a stupid sheep and just click next to everything but your's

Gnome is a steaming pile of dog shit.

Linux is a kernel.

if i wanted a minimal installation i will just go with debian, faggot
the point of ubuntu is to be easy and to provide out of the box experience but it failed, now it is a literal botnet, get over it

> I'm talking about how it reports your system specs and reports crashes.

And that's bad because...?

Attached: 1526569821999.jpg (262x458, 24K)

muh privacy
in the same time, the classical Jow Forums autist will let another 10 pieces of software running on his machine to send telemetry

youtu.be/QQekFkgpFJs

debian with i3 is just plain better

>tfw that channel degraded faster than ubuntu

You do realize that before you submit a crash report it shows you exactly what is going to be sent. So if you change your mind you can click cancel and nothing gets reported.

I have the crash reporting disabled on my Ubuntu install. This is literally 5 seconds to turn off you dumb retard. And systemd is not a backdoor.