Is there a laptop

Is there a modern laptop with:
* AMD APU
* Matte Screen
* Charging thresholds
* Preferably without touchpad
?

Attached: SwanSept9.61_2.1497991318.jpg (1200x800, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

liliputing.com/2018/05/hp-envy-x360-13-with-amd-ryzen-mobile-coming-soon-for-760-and-up.html
notebookcheck.net/New-business-laptops-with-AMD-Ryzen-Pro.303398.0.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not a single one?

What if we only leave charging threshold and AMD APU? I can leave with mirror-display.

Attached: 15259731886550-b.jpg (736x899, 65K)

Is there no demand for this?

Battery thresholds are the only useful feature in modern Thinkpads. I don't believe that nobody else has it. This stuff hugely prolongs your battery life is your laptop is your main PC.

Attached: 1526036628507-g.jpg (599x449, 30K)

>without touchpad

How do you expect that to work?

>Is there no demand for this?
>AMD APU
Sorry I am too waiting for a decent laptop with AMD APU but since there is no demand nobody makes them. They only make cheap trash with shitty keyboards and shitty screens. Unless intel goes bankrupt and normies would be left with no choice there will most likely be no decent AMD-powered laptops.

It's more of a suggestion, really. Without it you still have either a pointing stick or a touchscreen.

Doesn't Dell make some of the XPS series with AMD? Those guys are pretty mainstream.

liliputing.com/2018/05/hp-envy-x360-13-with-amd-ryzen-mobile-coming-soon-for-760-and-up.html

Pretty neat, but I really need the changing thresholds.
My Thinkpad has been used every day as my main PC for 2+ years and battery is still at 93% capacity.

I guess I can just buy another battery, though. How are XPSes with self-maintenance?

Ryzen Thinkpads will be available soon too:
notebookcheck.net/New-business-laptops-with-AMD-Ryzen-Pro.303398.0.html

That's pretty awesome. Guess my next laptop will be Lenovo once again. Thanks, user.

vaporware anyone?

Nah, they will be available in the next 1-2 months, and /tpg/ will go nuts.

why the fuck do you need amd? they are power hungry and heat up fast, which is awful for laptops.

is this a bait thread?

>why the fuck do you need amd? they are power hungry and heat up fast, which is awful for laptops.
I dislike the company and its decisions.
For example, they "asked" Purism to stop reverse-engineering for libreboot.
They are also prone to vulnerabilities and have terrible iGPUs.

>is this a bait thread?
No. Honestly.

Fuck off back to /v/

>without touchpad
No.

>/tpg/ will go nuts.
No they won't, there has always been AMD thinkpads and they have always been garbage compared to the Intel ones.

For Linux use I'd recommend the Acer Swift 3 with Ryzen 7 2700u. Spent a couple of days last week installing Ubuntu 18.04 LTS onto 15 of them for a customer. Everything works with no messing about. Perfect.

Attached: Acer-Swift-3-Ryzen-7.jpg (640x480, 167K)

It has a mirror for the screen.

to be fair, AMD's offerings haven't been competitive until pretty much just now iirc, or do you mean it's got shit quality otherwise?

>haven't been competitive until pretty much just now
They still aren't.

Amd still isn't competitive in mobile. Intel focused on cutting down bom for supporting their core processors (motherboards are actually cheaper to make and use less power). That's what they've been working on for the past like 5 years not performance. It's why similar market segment intel laptops will have better wifi cards and panels.

In that regard and hasn't changed at all which is why we see few adopters and ironically the few that have been quick to adopt ryzen mobile are companies that colluded with intel in the past

You're probably thinking of the new Intel CPU with AMD vega graphics hybrid. As of right now I don't recall any actually available and quality AMD APU laptops.

>have better wifi cards
My damn Intel 8620 is terrible and unsupported by *BSD after all these years.

>Intel CPU with AMD vega graphics hybrid
Wanted to have it, then second wave of spectres and their "suggestion" to stop libre booting happened.

>Wanted to have it, then second wave of spectres and their "suggestion" to stop libre booting happened.
I'm thinking of going for it anyway since there isn't going to be a comparable AMD solution for quite a while and the entire machine looks fantastic. I'm just waiting for a longer term usage review, specifically if the keyboard is reliable because oof that pricetag.

>My damn Intel 8620 is terrible and unsupported by *BSD after all these years.
>2x2 antenna
Better than the entry tier 1x1 shit they put in Amd laptops that drops connection every 30 seconds even on windows. AMD needs a partner to make a premium laptop with a fuck you huge battery and decent wifi