Who can stop the notch?

Who can stop the notch?

Attached: oneplus-6-hero-promo-hoyle-4.jpg (3000x2000, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We all know (((who))) did this

Attached: 1526576515942.jpg (600x693, 43K)

Sammy

the all-screen lenovo phone

this

Attached: LenovoZ5_int.jpg (800x400, 27K)

time. when we're capable of putting a working front camera beneath the screen, that's when the notch dies.

Why can't we just do this in the meanwhile?

Attached: 151456245848459.jpg (660x349, 107K)

Or what about a small screen on the back, eliminate front facing cameras alltogether.

Because it's another point of failure on a devices that are already extremely fragile.
It would be a warranty nightmare.

how hard could it be to place a camera behind the screen?

Just got my Pixel 2 XL today. Wouldn't change it for a shit iphone x no way... the camera is sublime, perfect, and I don't mind the blueish screen, I even like it.

what a about a parabolic mirror a la nokia?

Because it will definitely become the most vulnerable part to the phone. Thousand of people will come back to the store ask for repair.

Attached: 9d5.png (680x680, 59K)

This shit was the best.

Attached: this guy.jpg (336x639, 25K)

>and I don't mind the blueish screen, I even like it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

as a temporary solution I do like their option to hide the notch but keep the top info there

This is so far the only phone I'm curious about

you don't like male pattern baldness screens?

What about this design? Sliders have been around for years, this could work

Attached: Doogee_Mix_4_8.jpg (1280x738, 111K)

Does the whole hide notch thing actually work well?

Attached: Huawei-P20-Hide-Notch.jpg (1200x800, 61K)

stop supporting shit like this and just pretend the notch phones don't exist. just stop buying this fucking trash and they'll stop

But I don't like them as a company

This.

I will not buy a phone from a company called Doogee

>stop buying apple
as if

yeah why not just put a fucking periscope on there while you're at it.

this
noone takes selfies anymore since like 2010

guess how I know you don't go outside

I have never seen a person taking a selfie
everyone is either photographing their friends or the mirror

Ok guys listen. I've solved it.

In screen camera.

I rarely see people doing it if they're going somewhere but all my gf's friends takes selfies and they're fucking adults.

the flip cameras are fucking glorious for taking creepshots at college

not in lcd screens. I guess the OP6 is gonna look great that way, but I tried the P20 and the less blackness of the screen made it absolutely ridiculous.

>gf

Attached: 1438843763062.png (960x720, 568K)

I have some information about who the Lenovo Z5 works:

> [...] it basically have a new class of ultra high density photoelectric sensors using a novel nano array of metalenses that are embedded in the screen itself in between leds

tl;dr the screen will have an invisible camera

holy shit this pic killed me LMAOOO

Why do we need more screen space? It's a phone. Who gives a shit. Give me my goddamn bezels and physical home button.

That's just more money to make.

Maybe they should just go back to putting mirrors on the back of phones.

What I hate is that the phones got bigger instead of smaller, where's my comfy bezeless 5.5 inch phone?

honestly if it were for me they could scrap the front cam altogether

At this point why not add convenience by not allowing it to side down and keep what everyone liked

what about the speaker will they make it at the top with some clever design so it projets the sound at a 90 degree ?

I think OnePlus wants to do that

Many modern phones already have that.

I'm not buying that shit
Not from Apple, not from any other brand. They can all eat dicks.
Fuck does it look ugly

this picture still has it clearly visible. so no.

Stop buying into shit features. Notch or no notch should not be why you upgrade your phone. Buy into actual innovation that makes the phone better, all these companies are doing are adding (sometimes removing) features and calling it The next big thing.
Get a fucking brain

Thanks, I just bought 3 Notch phones for my family, full price :^)

Probably diabetes

Attached: notch.jpg (1200x1014, 80K)

Blackberry's back, baby

>B-but selfies
Can you hear the normies cry already?

Attached: 1495898669697.jpg (640x723, 21K)

WELCOME TO THE NOTCH FUTURE.

Attached: p.jpg (750x500, 50K)

>I don't mind the blueish screen, I even like it
What is sRGB mode in developer settings?

I really like this.

>honestly if it were for me they could scrap the front cam altogether
Video chats.

>Implying that isn't desirable for oems so they can bilk people for repairs and service plans

Go back to r9k

>turns screen black to "hide" the notch
>LCD screen

Grow up

Kys

What’s wrong with a notch, it’s not like it covers anything up

Attached: F3C46A6C-A758-4FEB-80EA-7C0BF131CE0E.png (1125x2436, 508K)

What about full screen videos?

...consumers?

>notch support
i hate the modern era

you can't stop, the notch, can't stop the notch, you can't ...

You know a youtube video still displays in 16:9, with the unused space just left black either side, right? You know how aspect ratios, screens and videos work right? Or are you really that fucking handicapped?

>no one takes selfies anymore

Holy shit imagine being this much of a fucking handicapped retard. Have your parents blocked everything except Jow Forums? People are taking pictures of their face more and more every year you dumb fucking cunt.

Look at this mess

Attached: 22786-27981-170912-iPhoneX-5-l.jpg (660x397, 73K)

That's a zoomed in video you absolute fucking cretin. Does that look 16:9 to you? Jesus Christ some of you are literally sub-80 IQ. You don't even know how fucking dumb you are.

Attached: 104807549-iphone-x-5.jpg (1138x738, 87K)

Where's the notch?

That's the point. You can't see the notch. When you play a video you can either stretch the video to use the entire screen like in Or like most smart people leave it how it is and you don't notice anything because of the oled display just like

I don't believe you.

It's literally true

I actually don't get all the notch hatred. I mean, it's using space that would be just wasted anyway, and I doubt that there won't be an xposed module that softlocks the notch so that it works like a normal cellphone.

It can't be stopped. People want phones with higher screen/body ratios and to do that you need a notch. What they should be doing first though is eliminating the chin.

WHO CAN STOP GIGA NIGGA?

Attached: 1294146410148.jpg (392x429, 28K)

The phone would either be too thick or the screen part would be so thin it would break easily.

Pretty much everyone has the notch now. No company wants to be the one without the notch because the "tech press" would rip them apart for "not having a notch in twenty eighteen".

>rounded screen corners
trash

Why not watch movies on your 40 inch led TV?

Oh shit only quads can stop him!

Bitches only need to see my dick anyway.

Why? It's vital for actually gripping the damn thing.

No one

Attached: notch.jpg (1200x627, 60K)

My Mi Mix 2 has no notch.

Only Apple is allowed to do that. Any other company does it and they lose sales.

>hiding the notch

I have the same feature on my Mi A1 thanks to a square regular screen

How do you see notifications with the notch?

Attached: trton.png (355x300, 152K)

Remember to vote with your wallet and buy a Samsung, Meizu, or anything else that has no notch. Just like how we should be buying these brands for maintaining the 3.5mm port too.

There's nothing wrong with a notch this small. That space is unused 99.9% of the time.

Samsung will stop it.
They'll develop the technologies to hide more and more under the display itself which Apple will buy and be the first to implement in a smartphone.
But always remember, it's Samsung doing all the work.

Only Applel customers could have stopped it. But they didn't because they eat up every shit Apple puts on the table.
And you know when apple does something that "works", the android market will bit one it too.

cia niggers wouldn't be able to backdoor your cams unnoticeably if those were the norm

Attached: S80518-174832.jpg (1440x1560, 240K)

Never owned a Samsung before, but fuck LG, OPO, LG etc. Shopping for an S8 right now.

the LG V series will not have notch
the V35s ThinQ will launch soon with the Snapdragon 845

I want to have some phone but I have no money to buy one who can help me

This is my next phone if Google doesn't bring over a Xiaomi phone for Project Fi

This phone looks perfect but I don't know about that chink botnet