/cg/ - Cryptotechnology General

Goldman Rach$ Edition

Discussions of cryptography, cryptocurrency, and other block chain related technologies.

Recent News:
cnbc.com/2018/05/15/goldman-sachs-backed-start-up-circle-introducing-a-crypto-us-dollar.html
ethereumworldnews.com/amazon-eyes-ethereum-eth-partners-with-consensys-to-simplify-blockchain-access/
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/5/15/17357108/htc-blockchain-powered-phone
bu.edu/today/2018/ran-canetti-honored-for-cryptography-innovation/

What is the Blockchain?:
[YouTube] Developing Blockchain Software (embed)
[YouTube] Blockchain Technology Explained (2 Hour Course) (embed)

Udemy - Ethereum Blockchain Developer: Build Projects Using Solidity
mega.nz/#F!ir4XnayR!YaR1flNUA3GJHIinfhT2fg

Readings on Cryptography:
moserware.com/2009/09/stick-figure-guide-to-advanced.html
ocw.mit.edu/courses/find-by-topic/#cat=engineering&subcat=computerscience&spec=cryptography
coursera.org/learn/crypto

Crypto shillers go to

Attached: Circle.png (1200x1200, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hedgie.idevaffiliate.com/2244.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffie–Hellman_key_exchange#Description
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Discussions of cryptography
yeah right, bulk of your post is on the memechain, just call it ponzi general or something

This is the ideal cryptographer body. You many not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Attached: elliptic-jesus.jpg (1200x1802, 218K)

I can't find anything except people repeating the word blockchain for 10 pages of nonsense.

Attached: 1526570392-20180517.png (684x778, 241K)

I saw that Monero is based off of CryptoNight, and that looks really easy to fork. Is there any advantage to use a currency that tries to be egalitarian by imposing inefficient constraints though? Would it only be good as a currency and not some other form of POW ledger?

Blockchains are like a burrito.

I've never heard this metaphor before.

>cryptography
:)
>cryptocurrency
:/
>blockmeme
:(

Just talk about cryptography then you triple nigger

if only a few people have the means to store and validate the full ledger, wouldn't the point of decentralization have been undermined?

hedgie.idevaffiliate.com/2244.html
New block-chain crypto-game with hedgehogs

^^^ Runs through ethereum and can be exchanged for other cryptos

>cryptocurrency is cryptography
>discussing ponzis off of Jow Forums

Attached: brainlet.jpg (1838x2048, 129K)

What is cryptography you may ask?

Well, a popular application of cryptography is its well known use in the world of cryptocurrency, which is a marvel of blockchain technology and something that the technology seems to be headed towards. The blockchain is, in essence, a revolutionary technical phenomenon that demonstrates the vision that the minds behind cryptography have envisioned. While cryprography is a fundament of blockchain technology and it's spin-off, cryptocurrency, we mustn't restrict ourselves to defining cryptography as a field of technology. We can only say that the blockchain is simply the manifestation of numerous principles that come together to establish the basics of cryptography. As such we can conclude that cryptography is possibly one of the most important components of the development of blockchain technology and we have blockchain technology to thank for the existence of cryptocurrency? Furthermore, our investments into the world of cryptocurrency and the blockchain are a demonstration of the risks that lie ahead in the road to the future developments of crypto-blockchain-currency-graphy and as such must be studied as the overall field that it encompasses.

Now you may ask, what the fuck did I just post?
Nobody knows™.

crypko.ai is in beta rn. get your free $10k on the Rinkeby test network and farm some anime waifus

> tfw you study the Diffie–Hellman algorithm and be perplexed by its genius simplicity of how a secret can be shared between 2 parties over an insecure channel, how the fuck a so genius idea can be so simple

Attached: jSHD2TJ.png (304x288, 22K)

How is cryptocurrency not related to cryptography? Well made coins rely on a good cryptographic hashes to secure them.

Give me a quick rundown

farming waifus?

Attached: maeda_inuchiyo_oda_nobuna_no_yabou_drawn_by_blade_galaxist__43f7bd6fd09382c833538b7cbe6ede08.jpg (477x800, 165K)

reading it is better
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffie–Hellman_key_exchange#Description

It's used to exchange secret cryptographic keys over a non-secure channel that's used later with symmetric key algortihms like AES

currently it's used in many many applications like TLS handshake (like in HTTPS)

>Discussions of cryptography, cryptocurrency, and other block chain related technologies.

what do you guys think about shared POW

instead of one hugeass reward for mining a single block all alone, what if we made the problem easier (say, by a factor 10) and required 10 solutions to mine a block.

link?

my brain is neither ipv4 nor ipv6 addressable.

>shared POW
POS or bust