Serious question here...

Serious question here, why is it that Jow Forums considers the most popular programming languages as "pajeet" or low-tier, when those are literally the same ones that can land you a job, but stuff like C, Haskell and shit I've never even heard of are considered "good" languages to learn? Is there something I'm missing here?

Attached: 1485303764553.jpg (673x522, 178K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.com/article/204423/why_linux_beats_windows_for_servers.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because they’re mad that these languages aren’t dominated by white males so they have to shill for useless languages that are.

This unironically makes sense

and its true too retard

Attached: smug.gif (533x300, 2.02M)

But c is popular sempai

I didn't say it wasn't you imbecile

Bump

For starters, anyone who tells you to learn Haskell has the highest degree of autism. So much so that they cannot get a job.

t. employed millennial

Yet people recommend it literally everyday here and I do not get why

Last bump

I would say that tells you most people here are autistic and unemployed.

I'm autistic and unemployed and I don't know Haskell, what now?

Kys

>never heard of C
don't respond to bait please

>Reading comprehension
>What is

Attached: 1485303940002.jpg (750x533, 73K)

i think he means Scheme or Fortran

Half of them are joking. I program in C# and Javascript at my job and tell people on Jow Forums to learn Haskell and Rust. It makes me laugh knowing they'll probably waste their time while I'm raking in $150k/yr working 3 hours a day using languages they think are for pajeets only.

C is unironically a good language though. This board has an understandable bias against web developers, but I don't get the Java hate.

Because as mentioned before, pajeet and autism

To be a good (and hireable) programmer:
1. Learn assembly
2. Learn C
3. Learn Python
4. Learn Java
5. Practice developing a bigish solo project.

While I don't disagree with assembly, I could never do it. I found it to be boring as fuck when I had to take that class

To be a good programar you need to learn at least 1 functional language.

Like what

haskell?

Just learn Scala or any of the functional operators from modern updates to languages like C#

>3. Learn Python

Attached: 1495530976635.jpg (304x293, 18K)

Hehe XD

it's not a trap, it's an ambush

Attached: 1526292690875.jpg (333x293, 40K)

>be me
>almost ten years ago
>in college
>come to Jow Forums asking about CS
>hit with all the memes
>end up buying a thinkpad, install gentoo
>nearly fail that semester due to fucking with rice, vim binds, and esoteric langs
>summer internship
>chat with long time devs
>none of them knows a single one of these meme langs
>none of them has a thinkpad
>nobody bothers with linux, much less gentoo
>take the botnet pill
>install Windows and make use of all those IDEs I eschewed
>do any work with the right language not the "best" meme
>graduate and get a "poojeet," java dev roll
>tfw pays great
>realize Jow Forums is a trap for potential devs that keeps my salary high
Thank you so much.

>why is it that Jow Forums considers the most popular programming languages as "pajeet" or low-tier

Because autistic nerds are the original hipsters.

Do you have any good advice for people still in school right now as far as what they should be doing? What should they work on? Besides the obvious like Java and js

Basically get an internship or know your job market and do what employers want. Pay zero attention to the shit that is meme'd here or by academics who have no connection to the real world.

Gentoo and riced up desktops are obvious memes. But I can't imagine technical people that don't use linux. Every server runs it. And much programming related software I've found either unavailable on windows or a pain to get working.

You're living in a bubble my dude. The overwhelming majority of enterprise developers work in windows.

Scala is actually popular in the working world. I can’t believe people on here claim you should learn C in order to get a job.

it's pretty obvious, they should follow their curiosity and learn as much as they can about what they care about. If you spend your life studying something you hate because some guy told you it was practical or cool or smart, you're going to end up hating it anyway. You should do what makes you happy

Treat CS like theory and actual programming like drudgery you must avoid. Write as little code as you can get away with.

We jigglin or?

just do what john carmack does. LIVE the carmack lifestyle, BE the carmack

straight up fucking lie
pcworld.com/article/204423/why_linux_beats_windows_for_servers.html

>C is unironically good
No it fucking isn't. It's an error prone pile of garbage. Just ask NASA.