When are you going to join the HUGE master race of pointing devices?

When are you going to join the HUGE master race of pointing devices?

Attached: huge_018.jpg (1024x683, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.ca/ELECOM-Wireless-Trackball-Mouse-Ergonomic/dp/B0735584RM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what is this because i want it and i need it

Tell the truth Jow Forums, after a few months using this are you faster or slower than using a good mouse?

Because using this for hours at a time sounds like fingercramp central

>plays games

Never

A few years ago

I love using my trackball for games. Especially Golden Tee Golf, World Deluxe Bowling, etc.

*World Class Bowling Deluxe

lol

What?

I received mine yesterday.

Attached: IMG_20180517_121414_HDR.jpg (4208x2368, 2.96M)

What model?

A ... HUGE ?

Damnit. Didn't even notice the text on the mouse.

Wireless? Why? The thing does not move. amazon.ca/ELECOM-Wireless-Trackball-Mouse-Ergonomic/dp/B0735584RM

I'm fine with my orbit but I might consider getting one if my orbit dies and I have extra money to spend.

Don't mind me, just being part of the master race not changing out batteries and shit.

Attached: 518J8RAFRJL[1].jpg (429x500, 42K)

Got the wired version, been using it for about 4 months and like it quite a bit.
It's definitely not fit for "muh games" but for everything else it's great.

I pity the fools that doesn't know the joy of a trackball and a mechanical keyboard

Attached: IMG_20180517_193412290.jpg (4032x3024, 3.65M)

Your keyboard needs a visit to the aircompressor

Currently using an MX ergo, the big deal breaker for me is tilt wheel. Been using it for years and I really hate using a mouse/trackball without one. I just wish the software wasn't so awful to use.

I've been using a trackball for 10 years and I'm faster than a regular mouse.
I switched because of a hand injury and although physio has made me able to use a regular mouse and still use it for gaymen; I still prefer to use a trackball most of the time.

Buddy of mine was staying over for a while while he was between apartments and I felt bad watching him struggle to use a trackball. Had to bust out a G502 for him to use.

I know, I left it at my parents house for a couple of years.

It surprise me how both works just like the day I left them.

MOUSE REAL BIG, HOUSE REAL BIG

What kind of macros can you use on this trackball? Is trackball really acceptable for FPS games?

Gonna be honest that thing looks awesome I I might get one. Wish it had a cord though I guess; but I haven't googled to see if there is a model with one yet so what do I know.

There is a wired one, in case anyone else was wondering.

Does anyone use the Kensington Slimblade? Is it better then this? Seems like the simple design of the slimblade is pretty nice.

I have the smaller one. Yes they're fine. Takes awhile to adjust. I'm about where I was with a mouse though. The only thing that's pretty limiting are games where you have to strafe heavily, like CPM and its variants. It's hard to make the long smooth strafes you have to do with a mouse, with a trackball. So basically, you won't have a problem with 99% of games.

I own one of those. It's great but I can't get the hang of trackballs at all so it's mothballed. It's the third trackball I've bought so far and I realize you either have the perfect trackball for you, or you don't. It's not like mice where one can be "good enough".

BELLY REAL BIG LEMME TELL YA HOW I LIVE

Tried. Software was so fucking buggy that i sent it back.

On linux you can use libinput, and mostly get it working, but on windows and mac you're up shit creek

I'm using the slimblade right now. I find it very comfortable and smooth to use, and the scrolling works great; especially when i just want to lay down in bed with my laptop on the floor in front of me.

I still have a TorX10 i use for gaming though, and sometimes I wish I had 2 more small buttons somewhere to support my lazyness so I occasionally wish I had the Elecom pictured here. But you know, I got this in an eBay auction for 25 bucks so I can't complain really.

the cst trackball is great, been using one for 5 years

It's pretty much the same with the Kensington expert. What is up with trackballs having shitty lackluster software for Windows/Mac? I feel like I should be able to input a bunch of different button combinations but you're only limited to either the top or bottom buttons.

looks awkward as fuck. i can't stand modern input device design.

Attached: 1495904025360.jpg (370x450, 21K)

I love my trackball for casual browsing, but I seem to have accuracy issues for a few thins outside that. Maybe it's all the years I been gaymen on optical mice, but I found I have lots of problems being functional in programs like photoshop and excel. Plus, I can't game on it, like at all.

Attached: Mouse.jpg (780x3773, 395K)

Using kensington orbit with scroll wheel for like a month.
It is slower than mouse - need few flicks to get pointer from one monitor to another.
It is way less acurate - with mouse I can quickly scroll onto random button, with this - scroll towards button with few flicks, slowly get in on button, then hope it will not move off button when I try to click button (hold ball while clicking button? You still move ball. Take fingers off ball before click? That still moves ball just a bit off).

It is a meme.

Replace 'scroll' woth 'move'... its morning here..

>It is slower than mouse - need few flicks to get pointer from one monitor to another
All depends on how you configure it. My Kensington Expert Trackball Mouse can go from the left edge of the left monitor to the right edge of the right monitor and then some with just a flick
>hen hope it will not move off button when I try to click button (hold ball while clicking button? You still move ball. Take fingers off ball before click? That still moves ball just a bit off).
Sounds like your trackball's fucked or needs cleaning or something, I've never had this issue with either of my trackballs.

i think the most unsettling part of this picture is that you can see in the corner of the second frame the blood and some bits of the mouse's insides, meaning this dead mouse was gutted specifically to stuff a computer peripheral inside, instead of being taxidermically prepared, and its eyes and brain are probably still inside the body.

the fuckin' smell man, ugh

Would go perfectly with a beaver PC

Attached: 38941-450x-a_24.jpg (450x338, 61K)

I just bought an MX Ergo today, my first trackball. Still getting used to it and I can feel some strain in my arm from using my thumb so much more but overall I think I'll like it

>My Kensington Expert Trackball Mouse can go from the left edge of the left monitor to the right edge of the right monitor and then some with just a flick
Oh high sensitivity... so how you put pointer on small button with such high sensitivity? And how it doesn't move off button when ball moves as you take fingers off ball?

> Sounds like your trackball's fucked or needs cleaning or something, I've never had this issue with either of my trackballs.
I will call bs on this. Trackball is thing that you can either have really sensitive - move fast and far but fail to aim it on button. Or be slow but accurate.

>so how you put pointer on small button with such high sensitivity?
Acceleration. I've got all the fine-grained control I could want but if I move it fast then the cursor moves faster
>And how it doesn't move off button when ball moves as you take fingers off ball?
Because the ball doesn't move when I remove my fingers from it.
>Trackball is thing that you can either have really sensitive - move fast and far but fail to aim it on button. Or be slow but accurate.
But that's entirely wrong.

To give you an idea of what I'm talking about, if I slowly spin the ball 180º it only moves the cursor ~200px, but if I go fast the same distance the cursor moves ~1400px. And with a flick it moves the cursor the full 3600px across both monitors

Acceleration...
1. It is cancer. Too difficult to predict where your pointer will end up after flip.
2. Can really configure it well on xinput...

>It is cancer. Too difficult to predict where your pointer will end up after flip.
I don't try. Give it a flick to get in in the general area then catch the ball and slower movement to zero in
>Can really configure it well on xinput...
I haven't tried configuring it for X yet. Also I can't even get the ball to move when I release my fingers if I try. Once it's not moving, it doesn't want to move. Even jiggling the whole thing does virtually nothing unless my hand accidentally nicks the ball

I have one.
The ball is too heavy to glide on the pins properly
The overly long buttons feel weird to press unless you reach all the way to the end of them
The middle mouse wheel click takes too much force for some inexplicable reason.
The build quality feels very ‘squishy’ and cheap

The ball itself is cool though

And this sux. Flip to general area, flip less to even less general area... feels like I am back in uni looking for minimum in 3d function with gradient (? don't recal what it is called). Mouse here has advantage - one wrist move and mouse moves to next monitor and lands exactly on button I need... But I will just need to get used to this slower way of doing stuff... I miss Quake3...

Well lucky you. For some reason I always move ball just a bit when taking fingers off it. Will need to increase my ball handling skill

>And this sux. Flip to general area, flip less to even less general area.
To each his own, I think it's great. It became second nature after a very short time. I'll take it over a mouse any day regardless of the task at hand

Kinesys advantage + HUGE masterrace reporting. I have reached the peak of comfyness

I almost don't use the mouse anymore, but it's a really nice trackpad for when I inevitability had to do it (I can't learn all the damn shortcuts of every fucking program under the sun).

Elecom makes both wired and wireless versions of all their mice.

Attached: elecom_huge_trackball_62106.jpg (588x622, 159K)