LibreOffice

Is it good?

Attached: libreoffice.png (980x690, 179K)

Other urls found in this thread:

itsfoss.com/brazil-open-source-microsoft/
youtube.com/watch?v=RZp7BvQJnU8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Their version of Word is good, I don't know about their version of Excel. Their version of PowerPoint is bad though

Ye it's good

No.

Maybe

I'd only use it as a Word replacement

It's actually great, but I prefer OnlyOffice. I'd use WPS but their license agreement says that it's forbidden to translate it to Japanese which made me dislike the chinks who made WPS.

Good for very very basic stuff and it's free

Is there any better alternative Excel or PowerPoint clone? Free software only, please.

No it stinks. I also cannot comprehend why we need to download every one of their shit applications if we only want to use the word replacement.

Office compatibility is shit but otherwise it's not bad.

>Is there any better alternative Excel or PowerPoint clone? Free software only, please.

Attached: 1511822931969.jpg (760x571, 41K)

suckless sent
you don't need anything more than that

>got office for $10 because I have a fucking job

Attached: 800px_COLOURBOX4635014.jpg (533x800, 40K)

You also apparently take it in the ass

just use google docs

It's only useful to people who don't actually rely on those programs for their jobs. Word is miles ahead of libre docs for anything other than writing your 200 word essay due tomorrow.

acctually italian military uses libre office, and they are part of NATO. fking ms shill

itsfoss.com/brazil-open-source-microsoft/

Shitskins. Of course.

>italians aren't shitskins
wew lad

>italian military

Attached: 5b068598ec6b458be5282762c26f2323fa01d8c4f8460bec5f271dbb3a2253f7-v.png (576x448, 221K)

just buy an office 365 key off ebay for like 5 bucks.

>Word is miles ahead of libre docs for anything other than writing your 200 word essay due tomorrow.
And what is this "anything?" What else would you use a document creator for but writing documents?

I get eye cancer just looking at the icons in the launcher, I can't imagine the actual software is any less ugly.

Attached: AbsolutelyProprietary.jpg (480x451, 57K)

youtube.com/watch?v=RZp7BvQJnU8

Let me know when libreoffice can do this.

It's more compatible between documents than fucking MS's Office.

I've encountered some bugs in previous version but have been fixed since then.

I'd totally recommend it over MS's Office.

Libreoffice's dictionary and autocorrect/autocomplete is utter shit compared to Word's, and that's what matters to me in my work.

Why would you use Word for that?

Freetards simply can't recover from this

Attached: 1474517501009.png (600x580, 568K)

Based as fuck

Attached: 1473934635493.png (554x400, 66K)

i notice a pattern here hmmmmmm

Attached: IQ.jpg (800x673, 168K)

>unironically using IQ as a marker for intelligence

Attached: WojakBrainlet.png (601x508, 127K)

No, I'd rather use Numbers than that garbage.

It's only good if you fork it and make your own called LibbyOffice. NEVER FORGET LIBBY

thats a good argument and i the libre office user agree.

>i can't spell or type properly

Attached: kyspajeet.png (586x578, 37K)

Wrong. Word is the thing used for 200 word essays. Any actual professional document uses LaTeX

This.
I've had many minor issues with compatibility with the actual PowerPoint when I had to present for my capstone project.
Mainly placement of text/pictures/etc.

Is it just me or is Word fucking AWFUL? It feels like I'm constantly fighting its horrendous features which keep italicizing things and capitalizing things and tabbing things against my will. Some of the shit it does is just inexplicable. I go through the options trying to disable all their automatic garbage and I uncheck 15 boxes which all seem to describe the problem I'm having and yet it continues. Endlessly I have to search through 40 ambiguously named tabs in this awful tablet-friendly interface trying to find where they've hidden some basic functionality that I need. I fucking despise when inanimate objects think they know what the user wants better than the user does. It's incomprehensible to me how such a ubiquitous program helmed by such a successful company can be this bad and seemingly get worse with every update.

Anything is better than Word.

> not using libre office portable version installed on usb stick

no, even google docs is better than this trash

I still remember her

LibreOffice is fine. I mostly use it at work for the very occasional document editing, but if you're on Windows or macOS you should consider MS Office instead if you have access to it.

Google Docs and Office 365 are pretty good too, but they're blocked at work for security reasons so not always an option.

>their license agreement says that it's forbidden to translate it to Japanese
lmao. They be salty

>Google Docs and Office 365 are pretty good too, but they're blocked at work for security reasons so not always an option.
Why are they blocked?

Microsoft office 2007 for ever, just word and excel

>ironically not using it

Attached: image.jpg (478x539, 56K)

Good enough to do the basics.

I rarely use office programs anymore. Writer can be split to either asciidoc/markdown and LaTeX, depending on the task. Impress is easily overpassed by LaTeX' beamer class, especially when using a custom theme and template to make your presentation look exactly the same every time. I'm not sure what you could use for calc but I think R might be the answer, I haven't used calc/excel in 2 years

Can't you add other dictionaries?

It's a world/industry standard you cuck

>Has a grammatical error in his post

Inb4

pirating is free

>can your word processor do graphic design
This BTFOs Photoshop, not LibreOffice

>Their version of Word is good
Even test is bad.

I had to visit the document with custom with formatting. I've saved the work in odt and doc. Guess which one had wrong formatting when I opened it to check her it saved.

>Not using PDF for your slides

If you really want a MS Office alternative in Linux, please check out WPS office, due to some historical reasons, MS had authorized them to use their format, so unlike libreofficet it's not reverse engineered, display effects are identical to MS Office.

Actual, unironic chinese botnet.

It's actually partially open source (but proprietary), the Linux version at least. Also, the Linux version doesn't have ads unlike the windows one.

latex and postgres

Not as good as MS Office but it gets the job done and it's free.

Attached: 1504592683140.jpg (1613x1080, 93K)

>some apple fag sends a .pages document to me
>cant open it in MS Office, but can open it i Libre Office

>Libbie

Attached: q.jpg (725x1000, 84K)

Free as in SPEECH, not free as in BEER, your proprietary imbecile.

What did they use instead of Libby again? I remember it was gay as shit, but I don't remember what it was.

I'm seriously in love with her
Why do roasties and SJWs gotta ruin everything

Attached: 123532465354.jpg (495x362, 17K)

It's garbage

It's okay but Impress is awful compared to PowerPoint