Find a flaw

Find a flaw.

Attached: java-logo.png (518x518, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=java
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Java_virtual_machines
ws.apache.org/xmlrpc/apidocs/org/apache/xmlrpc/server/RequestProcessorFactoryFactory
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Fuchsia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=java

its not C

> There are 1768 CVE entries that match your search.
You can't find a single flaw.

Oracle

Women use it

I keep trying, but I just can't understand the Jow Forums memes. It's C++ without all the autism. Sorry Jow Forums, I don't get it. Then again I notice more and more of you are praising C# and Windows, so it's pretty clear that a lot of you have no idea what you're talking about.

literally everything

Attached: C# java.png (1167x4890, 486K)

t.muh.bilion.levels.of.abstraction

> doesn’t allow multiple inheritances
> doesn’t compile to machine code
> garbage collector instead of arc
> ugly syntax
> owned by a company that may sue you anytime for using it
that’s enough or do you want more reasons?

>java
that's the biggest flaw

idiot.

ditto

Date class, Time class, Calendar class, or whatever the hell they're calling that mess this week.

Pajeets

>> doesn’t allow multiple inheritances
not through classes (which is good anyway) but does through interfaces
public class You implements Faggot, Nigger {

>> doesn’t compile to machine code
not a flaw
>> garbage collector instead of arc
you wouldn't want java with ARC instead of GC
>> ugly syntax
you want something more like Pascal instead of C?
>> owned by a company that may sue you anytime for using it
your shitty fizzbuzz is not worth the company's time

>company that may sue you anytime for using it
Is this a thing? They don't do this, do they?

>doesn’t allow multiple inheritances
it does allow multiple inheritance of interface types and behaviour
>doesn’t compile to machine code
it does, both just-in-time and ahead-of-time, whichever you prefer
>garbage collector instead of arc
which is better for java's usecases
>ugly syntax
non-flashy syntax. it doesn't look cool to underage fizzbuzzers but you appreciate it when you have actual work to do in large codebases
>owned by a company that may sue you anytime for using it
that's false.
there's dozens of JVM implementations en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Java_virtual_machines
practically every major bank in the world uses java heavily in their software systems. they wouldn't be using it if it were so risky

It isn't C#.

Jesus christ

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

>OP: find a flaw
>Anons: *list thousands of flaws*
>OP: Y-you just don't get it. I like this shit reeeeee

I'm not OP

>CollabNet ScrumWorks Basic 1.8.4
>JMX Console (jmx-console) in JBoss Enterprise Portal Platform
>Apache Struts 2 before 2.2.3.1
>android/java/src/org/chromium/chrome/browser/WebsiteSettingsPopup.java in Google Chrome before 43.0.2357.65
>Rogue Wave JViews before 8.8 patch 21 and 8.9 before patch 1
only 1800 vulnerabilities for all the software in the world running java? seems like a great result

>C#

Attached: 1525868844120.png (471x467, 330K)

I have a toilet

this

I wonder how much vulnerabilities android has

Oracle will send you a cease and desist and revoke your Java use license if you run any Oracle-managed implementation (including openjdk) through a static analyzer to find the reasons your program doesn't work right.

It is really not bad at all considering most of those vulnerability are for outdated implementattions of the JVM / for outdated software

>has no operator overloading
>lamdas implementation sucks
>API namespaces tends to be ridiculous long

> doesn’t compile to machine code
If you unironically think Java doesn't compile to machine code you literally know absolutely nothing about Java and are pajeet-tier, and you should probably just fucking pull the trigger already.
>not using Java 8 or newer
Yeah I hear you man, the Model A is a shit car in 2018 too.

found it

Attached: 2018-05-17-232318_246x245_scrot.png (246x245, 38K)

>machine code
>byte code
Try again.

>You can't find a single flaw.
indeed, he found 1768 flaws.

The Java HotSpot Virtual Machine is a core component of the Java SE platform. It implements the Java Virtual Machine Specification, and is delivered as a shared library in the Java Runtime Environment. As the Java bytecode execution engine, it provides Java runtime facilities, such as thread and object synchronization, on a variety of operating systems and architectures. It includes dynamic compilers that adaptively compile Java bytecodes into optimized machine instructions and efficiently manages the Java heap using garbage collectors, optimized for both low pause time and throughput.

The JVM compiles code that is run often down to actual machine code, which is why in long running applications (servers) it becomes every fast, compared to c# and can hold its own against c/c++ even

JVM is the most insecure, slow and bugged piece of shit in existence.

>insecure
False, the up to date implementations of the JVM are secure. The 1700 meme flaws are for old implementattions. This is like complaining that old versions of php are insecure.
>slow
False, there is no faster VM and thanks to HotSpot Java can achieve comparable speeds to c/c++
>bugged
False

>it becomes every fast, compared to c# and can hold its own against c/c++ even

People actually believe this.

t. enterprise java programmer

It's benchmarked fact. Maybe you should pay more attention to java talks and conferences

t. fellow enterprise java programmer whose code doesnt suck dick

>no faster VM
All VMs are slow as shit, no optimization can make a VM fast enough.
>up to date implementations of the JVM are secure
99% of devices that run Java are not up to date.
>>bugged
>False
JVM is updated practically every time someone at Oracle sneezes, why is that? Also, related to my previous point, most devices that run Java are not up to date, so they lack the thousands of bug fixes that are pushed every minute.

The best part about C# and C++ is operator overloading tbqh

better for

c1 += c2
rather than c1.add(c2)

This shit ws.apache.org/xmlrpc/apidocs/org/apache/xmlrpc/server/RequestProcessorFactoryFactory

>lamdas implementation sucks
please elaborate

>Oracle-managed implementation
>openjdk

Attached: 1427019808991.jpg (10000x10000, 3.92M)

> no first-class functions
> horrible object system compared to CLOS, Ruby, Smalltalk
> horrible static type system compared to any ML
> inadequacies and boilerplate in the language are offloaded onto an IDE to solve (e.g. verbose getters/setters)
> syntax is garbage

Only thing Java got right was the JVM. I'll happily use Clojure/Scala/JRuby but the rest of Java can fuck right off.

kotlin is comfy and if graal pans you can use whatever language you want

Kotlin is Scala for brainlets

Jesus fuck this.
I remember writing a small math library in Java six years ago and all the add and sub operators drove me insane at the time.

>teleports behind you
>opens up your computer to over 1500 known vulnerabilities
Nothin' personnel, kid.

"find a flaw" text only threads not getting you autobanned is a serious flaw here.

Dubs of truth.

Google's writing an entirely new fucking operating system and programming language to get away from Java (not the stated reason, but the giant court case over it should be indicative of their real motives), what do you think?

please explain to me why the fuck this is allowed to compile:
var listOfWhat = new ArrayList();

kotlin YES TAKE ME NOW

She isn't real

Operator overloading is a great excuse to write mountains of boilerplate. It's like ricing, but in your object-oriented fuckfest instead of userspace.

last update to the website was in 2010. why would you post ancient shit?

you can compile Java to machine code both just-in-time and ahead-of-time, whichever you prefer

>All VMs are slow as shit, no optimization can make a VM fast enough.
fast enough for what? virtual machines of different kinds are used in literally millions of ways in computer systems all over the world

the byte datatype is signed

>fast enough for what
For running anything that needs speed and reliability. Sure, they can be stable, which in the case of java isn't even true and they have their uses. Kt's painfully obvious though that if you have the choice to use a VM or not for an application that wouldn't benefit from either, you'd have to be pretty fucking retarded to choose the VM.

Google was sued because they copied the JVM API 1:1 for Android, not because they are using Java

I know of 3 HFT companies that use Java personally, so you are wrong. Java is plenty fast if you know what you are doing.

JVM isn't "fast enough" only for hard-realtime. And even there, it's not the speed that prevents it from being used, it's the nondeterminism. JVM is being used for soft-realtime all the time, with sensitivity in tens of microseconds, with C++ you need to spend half of your effort thinking about resources on top of chasing JVM's performance. With JVM, you only have to think about performance. When using VM doesn't hurt you, you should use it just because it makes it easier for you to reason about code.

This thread
>Muh Java
>Muh C++
>Muh C#
The actual state of Jow Forums.

Well, that's just pleb shit. Miss me with that, thankyouverymuch, I'd rather spend 2 weeks longer on a project than do it in java.

Type Erasure.

It's the only one, but it's a big one.

> no first-class functions
what is java.util.function.Function

all the other points are spot on though

>HFT and other soft-realtime systems
>pleb shit
You sure would, if you were employed as engineer instead of janitor.
And try 2 years instead of 2 weeks, since you have to rewrite everything you touch from stdlib to reach Java performance, including allocators, lock-free concurrency primitives and all that jazz you get for free (well, you have to know JVM) in Java.

>implying a respectable company would ever use java for anything

>amazon
>netflix
>google
>ibm
>goldman sachs

none of those adhere to my subjective description of respectable

checkmate java posse members

>Thinking byte code is the final compilation Target of Java
Again, please either fucking kill yourself or learn the most basic aspects of something before you start moaning about it. If you're not smarter than a pajeet, your opinion is just poo in the street.

Google got sued because Oracle saw dollar bills, nothing more. Corporations are usually pretty sociopathic but Oracle is especially so. If they believe they can profit off of you, they will.

>If you're not smarter than a pajeet, your opinion is just poo in the street.

Kek, not that user but I have to use this..

Ez:
Generic type erasure.

Goalpost shifting much?
Goalpost shifting overload
Is this the power of an expert C++ fizzbuzzer?

>Designed to run everywhere
Can't run on iOS, PS4, Xbox, Switch

>implying goalposts can't be dynamic

I don't know about the gaymanshit, but it can run on iOS using Multi-OS Engine, RoboVM and also probably SubstrateVM in a couple of months

>compiling a multi-module JEE project made up from 3 stub apps for fucking around with CDI takes 1.5GB RAM
>+500GB for running the application server

500MB. Not 500GB. It's not THAT bad.

So, is java really changing from freeware to licensed?

Java™ was always licensed?

you can't "change from freeware to licensed"
hotspot and openjdk are "freeware" and licensed under GPL and this won't change
to publish a new implementation of Java you have to acquire a license, and that isn't changing either

Does Java have coroutines? Well then I guess you can just fuck off then can't ye.

No unsigned data types
non-deterministic garbage collection
no pointers

Jow Forums's preferred Java book. mid to advance, thanks!

Attached: 17126004_201514250334091_938138105758613504_n.jpg (480x480, 41K)

Oracle

What's the language?

>C, C++, Dart, Go, LLVM, Python, Rust, Shell, TypeScript

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Fuchsia

So probably mainly C/C++.

Sikk quads.

Intermediate loo with applications in poo (second edition).

Maven. Holy shit, Maven.