Buyer's Remorse Thread

I'll start

Attached: 330101-nvidia-shield.jpg (1000x857, 76K)

what the fuck is that? is that a gps glued to an xbox controller?

Android + Joystick?
Doesn't seem like a bad idea. The problem however is that there are only a few good games for android, and none with joystick support.

At work so can't post pic but I recently bought two 27" LG monitors. Instantly reverted to my older apple thunderbolt display. How the fuck do you people use two huge monitors? I found i was much more productive with the one monitor and my ThinkPad on the side for displaying documents/etc.

Attached: ouya.jpg (854x480, 25K)

Unironically bought a fucking ASIC for $200 only to discover the chink didn't send all the components and by the time I got them mine was already obsolete. Biggest lesson I've ever learned when it comes to buying shit.

Dude I loved my Shield. What did you like about it? It did PS1 emulation perfectly, got to play MGS, Spyro and some other games in a really nice way.

All the GTA games were fun to replay on it, and Valve brought Portal and HL2 over, which was fun, too. GameStream is also pretty neat and I played the entirety of Skyrim on my Shield.

What didn't you like*

Streaming capability wasn't nearly as good as they advertised it to be and also the fact that it couldn't run gamecube emulators.

'loved'?

I just bought a 29" 2560x1080 LG monitor, a dockstation for my X201, a displayport cable and a cheap brown switch mechanic keyboard.

No remorse yet, maybe when they arrive.

Attached: yfwmemepad.jpg (813x470, 96K)

a Shield is literally a Nintendo Switch the Shield got canceled and Nintendo brought the tech of it to cram into the switch.

in afue months you will probably be able to run the Nintendo OS software and games on a shield.

I regret buying this thing. Only 3 games worked for it. Luckily I bought it on clearance for about $10 and not $30

Attached: moga-game-controller-800x533-c[1].jpg (800x533, 26K)

Nice concept but got undercut by the big players.

I unironically want one of these. Gamestream works really well on the ShieldTV and I want to play games in bed without contacts in.

>Shield got canceled
wat?

You could literally do the same thing with a tablet that had a hdmi output which was basically all the non-shit ones. Ouya was a retarded idea that tried too hard to be its own thing when it clearly didn't do anything new

> buying a big monitor
Why not just use the money to buy a couple dozen thinkpads to use as monitors?

gaming pc
i hate gaming

literally weeks after i bought this piece of shit they lower the price from $800 to $399

Attached: u_10168251.jpg (1000x887, 29K)

NVIDIA Shield

rip

Nothing portable back then could play GameCube games retard. Even current flagship phones struggle. Did you want it to play Gta5 too?

user wants wants GTA V on Gameboy advance

> bought it full price
> discontinued and fire sale a week later
> lost receipt and couldn't return it
> literal fucking garbage

Last time I ever trusted HP.

Attached: touchpad.jpg (371x450, 31K)

Buzzy piece of shit

Attached: Digital-Audio-Player-Ruizu-X02-2.jpg (1000x735, 53K)

This was my first tabby :)

Cayin N3 master race

not a bad emulation machine though

That kind of thing is good for emulators but I recommend one with a standard style of layout with larger grips and full analog sticks

Jow Forums pass

>"""tabby"""
>>>/reddit/

>Trekstore Duo W1

Every time a new big windows 10 update comes out you have to do a full reinstall because the onboard 32gb aren't enough to do a normal update

It also has 32 bit UEFI combined with a 64 bit CPU wich makes linux a big hassle to even get started

Attached: 71oydBQl3yL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1000, 127K)

these are actually decent for a TV box though desu I've seen them go for as cheap as £20 it can emulate old consoles and also run Kodi so it's not too bad these days probably has the same specs as chink android TV boxes and comes with a controller. Could also use it as a low powered torrent server

Because I pretend to build a desktop when I get the money. Will use the same monitor with the desktop and the x201.

Also, because right now thinkpads are overpriced as fuck here where I live.

How does amd make a 20 pound card with a 300 watt power draw? Doesn't this have hbm2 I thought it was supposed to have a smaller footprint. Bought this thinking it wasn't a housefire didn't even check tdp

Attached: vega-64-mining-monero.jpg (1920x1080, 256K)

>what are emulators

that in itself makes it a terrible shit idea and we haven't even mentioned

>Java

it's not bad, I just have no use for a NAS. I thought by buying it i'd figure out something to do(aside from perma-seedbox) but nothing interesting came

Attached: 51gkpqDbcsL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 9K)

4th gen iPod touch. It's like a smartphone but without mobile networking of any kind. Didn't know at the time, but that means it's entirely useless. I should have bought a laptop instead. Useless for playing games because even if you find something resembling a game in the barrel of shit that is the App store, the thing is so non-ergonomical your hands will hurt in a matter of minutes and controlling games via the touchscreen is next to impossible. Useless for editing documents because any office suite available crashes or misbehaves with large files. Useless for any kind of productivity. Useful only for listening music and media like that, but much cheaper and simple devices could do that at the time and without the hassle of using iTunes. Oh, and it came without a wall charger.

Will not buy an Apple product ever again.

Attached: ipod.jpg (225x300, 10K)

Nope. I bought one for a Kodi box. The build quality was shit, the software was shit, and the specs were low even for the time. It couldnt even handle wifi, the fucking heatsink blocked the signal. Literally any other Android box is better.

Literally this

Attached: ps_vita_slim.jpg (1250x700, 68K)

Useless piece of shit

Attached: IS462577-01-01-BIG.jpg (700x700, 74K)

>he doesn't like the vita

Attached: 30725722_1724457507633892_6358669390142175063_n.jpg (199x199, 3K)

>29"
>1080p
OH BOY

Overpriced games, shitty support, bad display and back

I picked it up during the fire sale. Ended up paying for the charging dock as the USB cable failed one year in. Got my first bj video made on it so wasn't so bad aside from the audible fps clicking.

Really only had a flash of hope when I was able to play Diablo III from my PS4 on this glorified game gear.

My submission is more of a lost hope with maemo and my dreams to program. Still had my first GPS free runs and biking tracked, played SNES emulator games, made people ask if it was a sidekick etc. Dropped it on the street and the screen got disconnected and Nokia capitulated.

Attached: 816uU9eISqL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x832, 149K)

I like being able to take my indie games on the go. Also, flash sales make it all dirt cheap. The only gripe I have about it is the memory card prices.

psp games look great on my note8 with upscaling

what the fuck are you even talking about
i literally have a shield sitting behind me and i use it as a 4k set top box for my tv

>$800 Facebook machine

reddit gold

I'd like a NAS (aside from perma-seedbox) to share movies and music from the PC upstairs to the media center downstairs. I'd also remove the hdd from the PC to make it quieter.

Emulators are great with it. I love mine, but i had to use a third party driver

Pirate them, nobody needs it, use fat with OLED and mod it yourself.

It's ultrawide you mongoloid. It's just a slightly wider 24".

Come on, it's really nice for USD$7. What did you expect?

Bought it when it launched. I believe like me, everyone was expecting so much more.
And now the company abandoned it.

I have this monitor. It's bloody awesome. My brother than gave that asus 34 100hz 3440x1440.. now that was remorse, maybe it would be good in 4 years, but now thr vga and the monitor mount ocupies like 40cm or my desk.. anyway, 2560x1080 in 29 is an excellent for everything. If I could I'd trade my asus for that acer 29 200hz in 2560x1080.

Attached: 1526421242164.jpg (1920x1080, 292K)

Then*

I hope you didn't actually bump just to post a correction. You missed another error anyways.

yeah.. sorry for that. i posted that when I was on my phone, sorry for that, that error was quite big so I had to corrected, even if it was on my part just a typo error, now the lkes of "thr" I think it's not that terrible here in Jow Forums

doesn't support the standard controller spec or something.

read up on these before. all the other ones in the line have that option though, so its specifically this controller

>Bought this thinking it wasn't a housefire didn't even check tdp
>bought this while thinking my ex, didn't have a hole to put it in, didn't complain, didn't ask for money. Remorseeeeee.

it is stated that this thing has a 295 Watt TDP by AMD. You must be an idiot thinking that
150> 295
and
not undervolting it as everyone does while keeping the same clocks.
weak, uneducated bait.

I bought this turd.

Attached: 61rhFR+0URL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 85K)

I have the tablet version, and it's still pretty fucking decent. I do all of my Jow Forums browsing on that as well.

Attached: 1200px-Cybiko.jpg (1200x2215, 332K)