/hmg/ - Hackerman General

The hacker known as Jow Forums edition.

>Virtual machines/Capture the flags:
overthewire.org/wargames/bandit/ (Start here)

pwnable.kr/

codewars.com/

abatchy.com/2017/02/oscp-like-vulnhub-vms

pentesterlab.com/exercises/web_for_pentester

>Tutorials/Guides/Courses:
abatchy.com/2017/03/how-to-prepare-for-pwkoscp-noob
s3ctur.wordpress.com/2017/06/19/breaking-into-infosec-a-beginners-curriculum/
cybrary.it/course/comptia-network-plus/

edx.org/course/introduction-computer-science-harvardx-cs50x

codecademy.com/learn/python

opensecuritytraining.info/IntroX86.html

cybrary.it/course/ethical-hacking/

cybrary.it/course/advanced-penetration-testing/

>Books:
nostarch.com/pentesting

amazon.com/The-Shellcoders-Handbook-Discovering-Exploiting/dp/047008023X

nostarch.com/hacking2.htm

amazon.com/Web-Application-Hackers-Handbook-Exploiting/dp/1118026470

amazon.com/Practical-Malware-Analysis-Hands-Dissecting/dp/1593272901

amazon.com/Learning-Binary-Analysis-elfmaster-ONeill/dp/1782167102/

>Prebroken images to work on:
vulnhub.com/

>Super secret treehouse club:
hackthebox.eu/

>Tools:
kali.org/
metasploit.com/

Attached: heckerman-596999879d334.png (568x451, 366K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCa6eh7gCkpPo5XXUDfygQQA
eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/
offensive-security.com/information-security-certifications/oscp-offensive-security-certified-professional/
discord.gg/3Y7Mr52
riot.im/app/#/group/ hmg:matrix.org
overthewire.org/wargames/bandit/
qubes-os.org/doc/vm-sudo/
ibm.com/developerworks/community/files/form/anonymous/api/library/635ec0e2-2989-4663-82d2-3488f9d16dd8/document/09d6ec5f-ff2f-4901-8d44-05d10e848bc5/media
danwin1210.me/uploads/F3thinker !- Hacking 2017/1. Advanced Penetration Testing Hacking 2017.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>IppSec, video guides for retired HTB VMs:
youtube.com/channel/UCa6eh7gCkpPo5XXUDfygQQA

>Certs:
eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/
Only looks good a resume to non-technical in HR

offensive-security.com/information-security-certifications/oscp-offensive-security-certified-professional/
OSCP, the big dick swinging exam. 24 hours to own 5 machines and a further 24 hours to write up a report detailing your methods.

*UNAFFILIATED TRASH - AS LULZEC TAUGHT US - TRUST NO ONE!*
Community:
IRC: #Jow Forumssec @ rizon.net

Discord: discord.gg/3Y7Mr52

Matrix/Riot: riot.im/app/#/group/ hmg:matrix.org

A message from OP:

Any ideas and constructive criticism towards the general are aprecciated and i will try to implement them in the next edition.
The ultimate goal is to make /hmg/ a great community for hackermen while giving newbies the chance to become a hackerman themselves, so lets go guys.

The other OP message was better, it gave you more info about what all the links are.
And the books should be replaced with links to pdf's
>falling for the amazon botnet
It like 2016 ubuntu all over again.

What is everyone working on?

i would like to know more about linux administration. do you have any good source to recommend?

You should combine with /cyb/ + /sec/, your threads wouldn't 404 before bump limit if you did

>/cyb/ + /sec/
trash

>overthewire.org/wargames/bandit/

On it.

Are you on the discord?

No

Why?

dissolve the discord and force everyone to move to the IRC. It's embarrassing that hackers would go on a DISCORD server specifically about hacking, like they're trying to get v&.

I agree with this

Discord this

The IRC is dead as fuck

also move the IRC server to freenode so we can use tor (it's just rizon that prevents tor IIRC, right?)

I like the idea. But i don't see it working without splitting the /small already/ community.

If anybody knows the IRC server owner please contact him. And tell him about this
Let's focus on reviving the IRC server and then and only after then work on having a single established chat server for the whole general.

Is anyone here actually on the irc?

I joined recently to gauge the activity. It's not totally dead surprisingly. I'll try hanging out there frequently if other people do too. (not tonight though, about to sleep)

Fair enough. Im on at the moment.

>having a discord
Just stick to fucking eye are sea cant you?
Its not a botnet AND its always been and will be there
What is it with every fucking general having a discord, when did this turn into reddit

When everyone stopped using IRC and it became dead as shit.
But i agree, everyone needs to migrate to irc

Its dead as shit because there's like 20 people on here and another maybe 30 on cybsec that are all mostly skids that cant even get past the initial invite on HtB and dont care enough to get on fucking IRC to communicate with others
That's a fucking godsent, you should be happy that only people that are genuinely interested would bother

yeah, maybe

Why is HtB listed as a secret club? Haha

Its ironic. Its not really. but you need to "hack the invite code"

so, i have lots of unused low power machines, a laptop I use daily, and a desktop machine for running heavy stuff, testing stuff and playing games, and I seriously need to organize and securize my stuff...
been thinking for 2 months already, and I still can't think of a good way to so, i have lots of low power machines, and I seriously need to organize and securize my stuff... been thinking and trying some things for 2 months already, and I still can't think of a way to organize my shit.
lately I've been trying Qubes, and so far, I think it's shit. it's cool that they compartimentalize different activities in different VMs, but they don't really go beyond that (check this: qubes-os.org/doc/vm-sudo/ ). for example, some browser exploit could easily compromise your data, and, perhaps, and an attacker that has a VM escape exploit in Xen could compromise your whole system.
how do you people do it? how do you separate, say, your browsing shit and your games from your work, and how do you monitor your systems, looking for potential compromises? do you separate anything at all? how do you protect your VMs? grsec? what about the software you run? how do you monitor your systems?

why not simply create the channel there and ask people to join?

Have your workstation as a normie machine, at most just install gentoo and bloat it to eternity (keeping an eye to security)
Id use my laptop for a daily driver so just what youre most comfy with, and carry a Kali/BA bootable (whatever you prefer) for the pentesting and CTFs and whatnot
The lower powered machines either make into mini servers or just organize them as an isolated malware network, so you wont have to make one with VMs on your desktop

what languages are you proficient in, /hmg/? C and python?

I still don't understand what the point of /cyb/ is

>still not including the OSCP/PWK materials I specifically curated for this thread

Y’all can suck a bag of fucking dicks. I even posted them in the last goddamn thread, fuck youse if you think I’m gonna ever put them forward again

yea I tried forwarding those in one of the threads but I don't know where people keep getting the old OP text

Me either. It’s very saddening. If the inhabitants of this general really wanted to learn they’d use the resources in my version of the pasta and become 10k a day CEO’s

Implying /hmg/ isn't full of LARPers

bump

Bump this.

Why the fuck has the OP been reformulated almost entirely?

No, this doesn't work as proven 100 times before and after.
It's best if /cyb/ and /sec/ just stay seperate, merging generals doesn't work.

Been working on setting up a ubuntu email server through AWS to learn more about server configs

>like they're trying to get v&.
We don't endorse illegal actions, you retard.
Sure, whilst Discord's data practices are unsavory, we aren't some super secret hax0r collective.

link?

Which thread?

last thread here:

do I have to use KDE as well?

do you mean this?

ibm.com/developerworks/community/files/form/anonymous/api/library/635ec0e2-2989-4663-82d2-3488f9d16dd8/document/09d6ec5f-ff2f-4901-8d44-05d10e848bc5/media

>web app hackers handbook.
Thanks IBM!

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:f91feb6d2ea93f1c3c03b6be52051c2df72da1b7&dn=CERTCOLLECTION+-+BASELINE+-+SANS+%26+Offensive-Security&tr=udp%3A//tracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A//tracker.zer0day.to%3A1337&tr=udp%3A//public.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A//tracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A//explodie.org%3A6969

>OSCP videos

danwin1210.me/uploads/F3thinker !- Hacking 2017/1. Advanced Penetration Testing Hacking 2017.pdf

>Advanced Penetration Testing

help a brainlet guise, burp is not showing referer in a new install even after I installed the certificate and set up the proxy? wtf did I miss?

What protocol is the hackerman IRC running on? Is it like Ricochet.IM or is it dogshit?

I told you to feel free to add them to the OP if you wanted to and of course you didn't.

I'll add them next general, ¿How hard is it to make a sticky and to ask for it to be put on the OP?

>¿
retrasado mental detectado

> ¿
¿caso me patato taco pablo?

>discord
fuck off kiddo

Whoa whoa whoa!
Watch out anons, we have a badass here

Fuck you
Fuck you
Only gnome
Yes
Tell me exactly how the fuck I am supposed to add them to a post I didn’t make? Since I am not a mod, pretty fucking hard to make a sticky.

I am fully committed back to my projects

>botnet in Go

apparently the girl I had a crush on does in fact have a "boyfriends/ ex boyfriend" as she puts it.
>I live with him, and hes trying to work things out but im not fully committed

Fuck that shit 6 ways from Sunday, if I got with her, she would pull that same shit on me.

I will still enjoy that view when she walks by.

Jeeves is trash.
Bruteforce is trash.
Give me the flags.

Install a linux distribution on your computer and administer it.

Of all the threads on this technology board, and especially considering there are ones DEDICATED TO LINUX, what the fuck possessed you to ask this in a penetration testing thread?

best Hashcat attack setup for a 9 character salted md5 hash?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

I miss these threads
/cyb/ is bretty shit and cringe

Not brute forcing would be the best setup.

very informative and helpful thank you

Hey Jow Forums I got ahold of an acer aspire one netbook (1st Gen) what sort of hacking stuff can I do if any?

>what sort of hacking stuff can I do if any?
You can do all the hacking you are skilled enough to perform.

Exactly what sort of answer were you looking for, because I can tell it wasn’t this.

Mate what did you expect? If you need to brute force something, you actually need to do some more enumeration in most cases.

What’s y’all favourite boot2root?

Unironically mr robot

I'm looking to start doing CTF's in my spare time mostly due to severe boredom and curiosity. I got everything set up, popped a beginner one in, then was left very confused. I know how to use linux and the like, but do you guys have any recommendations or guides on a good methodology for completing or even starting the CTF's?

I'm currently focusing on the Kioptix challenges, and do not wish to look at the walkthroughs, rather learn how to do things as it should be.

CTF field guide
Writeups from IppSec on youtube
Do Overthewire's Bandit stages and move from there
Practice

Nvm just saw you said you knew the basics
ignore bandit, but do look for writeups

The CTF field guide is almost exactly what I was looking for! Thank you.
Moving from a tool centered to big picture has been difficult.

I was hoping an experienced Hashcat user would have some tips in regards to attacks/combinations of attacks beyond "bruteforce/mask is bad for 9 characters"

*logs in on irc*
*people idle for 10hs straight*

wew lad, so this is the power of the 1337h4x0rs

Be the change you want to see

>bruteforce/mask is bad for 9 characters
Well it is

Any good Netflix series with hackers and stuff?

Attached: 1524746103882.png (1288x798, 220K)

>netflix
Why dont you just rewatch Hackers instead
At least that's enjoyable

Opinions on CompTIA's new Pentest+?

bumpo

also check

Who is this hacker named Jow Forums? What did he do?