Big Brother is Always Watching

Is it unreasonable to think that you are being monitored 24/7, even if you are nobody particularly special? Let's add that you also browse fringe sites like Jow Forums, which most normal people don't even know about. Knowing everything about you is valuable help towards manipulating you from advertisements.

I imagine companies like Facebook, Google, Amazon, etc. have codecs that allow for recordings of audio and video to be significantly smaller than we even know to be possible.

...or, I am just a schizo.

Attached: 1433257709042.jpg (2000x1333, 383K)

Do you use any major web services without religious configuring your uMatrix?
Do you have a facebook, instragram, twitter, or use WhatsApp?
Do you have a smartphone whatsoever?
Do you have a modern console?
Do you have a smart TV or any other kind of "smart" device?
Congratulations, you are being spied on 24/7. Location data, messaging data, likes, browsing history, search terms, interested topics, people you talk to, people you call, text, message, voice chat, anything, background noise and conversations you have in the proximity of smart devices, all of it is being recorded pretty much 24/7 and fed into one algorithm or another to get better at learning you to better sell you.
It's been this way for awhile.

>Jow Forums
>213 Alexa rank
>fringe site
Haha, this is what you actually believe?

To think you are not being monitored is crazy in today's day and age.

You're exaggerating a bit but yeah that kind of stuff already happens. I don't even know why you think this is weird or why you think that they'd only do it because you browse Jow Forums, normalfags data should be more valuable actually.

>fringe sites like Jow Forums

You're being monitored, but not by humans unless you are a "person of interest".

We're pretty fringe here, we're one step away from being darknet.

>darknet
you mean like facebook?
something being on the darknet means nothing

Audio or video being captured from an "off" device as a bulk collection practice by e.g. the NSA is extremely unlikely, IMO. If you're being specifically targeted for surveillance, then sure - expect that your devices are being used to spy on you. But if you're not linked to some kind of terrorism, that's pretty unlikely.

Bulk collection of any video or audio that you yourself upload - including calls - might very well be going on though. Doesn't mean a person other than the intended recipient will ever hear/see it, but it might well be out there stored in some NSA datacenter. If you ever get involved in something that threatens national security, then it'll be there for them to dig through.

"if you're not linked to terrorism that's unlikely" - bullshit.

I treat my online activities as though I'm always being watched. It's why I have a VPN based in Hong Kong, where I know China is watching, but they aren't friends with the US, so its better than the alternative. I also use NoScript and a spoofer, and Protonmail (I know that the US government is still getting literally everything from every US company that emails me, but at least they have to work a little harder for it).

Signal has also become my primary means of communication. I still treat it as though they can read everything, but again, I like to make them work a little harder for it.

I view being watched by big brother in the same vein as I view deterring break-ins to my home: if they want it badly enough, they are gonna get it, but if you just make yourself harder to monitor than your neighbor, maybe they'll go after the easier target and leave you alone.

That's what mass-surveillance is, moron.

Why else would a government agency be monitoring someone?

>Is it unreasonable to think that you are being monitored 24/7 even if you are nobody particularly special?

No, in fact it is absolutely true. Research Echelon menwith hill
Since at least 1997 the US and British along with Australia, Canada and New Zealand, (the 5 eyes) or the English speaking world, have been monitoring global communications, that is the internet, the telephone systems, mobile communications and I mean ALL global communications in real-time, using its grid and network of the fastest supercomputers available. They are so powerful that GCHQ rerouted the entirety of all French telecommunications through its supercomputers and monitored everything in real-time, they were conducting military and commercial espionage.

> Jow Forums, which most normal people don't even know about.
you must be new to our secret club

>Knowing everything about you is valuable help towards manipulating you from advertisements.

It is even more valuable if you suddenly decide you want to get into politics or law or work in the military or for government. They will know everything about you

>I imagine companies like Facebook, Google, Amazon, etc. have codecs that allow for recordings of audio and video to be significantly smaller than we even know to be possible.

Yup that's part of what they do, oh and they can also see what you are typing or clicking as you sit at your desk

Sites such as godlike productions also do this, it's where I first noticed it

Attached: main-qimg-c08e76932df14867d678e1c6417aaf8a.png (602x339, 145K)

>You visit a website of that domestic terrorist group "pol"
>Also I hear this website is a hot bed of those very dangerous "incels"
Don't laugh, some in the media have been talking about incels like the nazis used to talk about Gay Jews who were also communists.

If you think that the FBI etc are above memes like that I remind you that a obviously fake russian document about whores peeing on the president (which the media didn't touch with a ten foot pole) was picked up by an old US Senator and then given to a FBI director who...

i hate that and i want to terrorist everybody now :(

activists use analytics to study their enemies

All in all it's meaningless unless these recordings are being brought up in court or if anyone you knows knows. Otherwise it's pretty much private. It's not as much that you should care it's just that there's too much data and I doubt it's possible for a datacenter to store all data on 6 billion or even a million people. Can someone crunch the numbers for me? It doesn't seem feasible.

>All in all it's meaningless unless these recordings are being brought up in court or if anyone you knows knows. Otherwise it's pretty much private

that is where you are wrong. If you have a look beneath the superficial data protection laws and look at the laws concerning state aencies, the police, the local government (state, county and town) you will see that there are many people who can access your data. Even parking enforcement, has access to your details. Nothing about you is secret from any level of government.

But the government isn't a person in this case. So it is very much a secret. Is it possible to store real data on millions of people for an infinite period of time?

>people can access my data
And do what? Data isn't all inclusive.

it doesn't matter that you're being monitored if you aren't ashamed of your behavior and are willing to kill any cia nigger who gets in your way

Blackmail you should you ever think about getting into politics and not playing their games. And this is just an example.
All this data collection is speculative: even if, right now, they have no reason to use this data against you, there is the possibility that they might in the future.

It's reasonable to assume you're being spied on SOME of the time, not all. Some times they genuinely mean they collect anonymous information sometimes they collect specific data about you. It's impossible to collect data on /everyone/ in the world and store it forever so it's reasonable to assume most gets deleted eventually. If you don't like it don't use the product.

Are you fucking kidding me? The "darknet", and "deepweb" are both imaginary terms to scare tech-illiterates like you.

Attached: Guess Where You Are On This Graph.png (575x463, 14K)

>fringe sites like Jow Forums, which most normal people don't even know about
This isn't 2006 anymore

As opposed to? The hidden web or onion sites? They're both just words that mean the same things.