Other urls found in this thread:

kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox
github.com/LukeSmithxyz/voidrice
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

works on my machine

Can confirm unfortunately

>*puts bookmarks under 10 layers of menus*
>*stutters for no reason one page load*

Don't think I've had a single crash since they went to Quantum.

Can also confirm, and it looks like I'm not the only one.

Attached: lmao @ sjwzilla.png (848x328, 11K)

Maybe they finally tried to fix the memory leak issue that's been an on/off problem for people

I gave up on FF shortly before quantum released. Once WF goes quantum, I'll be switching to Brave (which will hopefully have access to the Chrome store by then)

>not using 56.0.2
>allowing yourself to be forced into braindead retarded UI changes and broken extensions
>"You will do as Mozilla commands"
Nah I'm good, thanks

Attached: 1507919690613.png (500x438, 1K)

>*puts bookmarks under 10 layers of menus*
Who designed this garbage.

Attached: usage.png (1304x768, 30K)

Looks like I was right about quantum. It made zero sense for them to do that, in my opinion. I wish SJWzilla would just die already. They don't listen to anything that anyone says, and once their ESR is quantum, too, there will be literally no reason for them to exist anymore.

ah they finally fixed the 2004 memory leak did they?

yea the bookmark bullshit is annoying. and youtube stutters but it has been doing that for years.

Then switch to Edge.

>itt chromeshills

Attached: 1437807068370.jpg (1056x1080, 36K)

Nobody has mentioned Chrome. At all.

>mozillacucks this insecure

Attached: 1476678636927.jpg (480x360, 23K)

>not using version 50.1.0

nobody has to, everyone knows google shills every abortion they produce here

no it doesn't

I've only seen Watefox, Brave, and ESR mentioned. Other than that, only legitimate criticisms about Quantum, which was obviously a stupid decision, seeing as how their usershare has actually gone down since Quantum. So it's like people said: they spurned the people who liked it in order to chase people who were using Chrome. But they didn't actually offer any reason for people using chrome to switch that wasn't already there in the original FF.

I'm honestly real interested to see what happens to FF's share once the ESR becomes Quantum. I'm guessing they bleed a huge chunk of their userbase quickly.

What was the last non quantum ESR?

52.9 releases June 26th, 2018. That will be the last non-quantum ESR. All support will cease September 5th, 2018, when the only ESR will be 60.2.

Thanks, is it hard to migrate from the normal channel to ESR? I mean as in keeping addons, bookmarks and user data.

Everything's stored in your profile folder, which is independent of whatever version of the Firefox browser you're using. If you're still feeling paranoid, just make a copy of the folder and put it somewhere else when you try the different Firefox branch.

kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox

this, speak for yourself lonux fag

Not even once for me thankfully

Strange, I've been running beta for about a year now and I don't think I've seen a crash in the past 6 months

Attached: wejustdontknow.gif (500x281, 196K)

I fucking hate Google. I wish Mozilla wasn't run a bunch of worthless asshole intent on destroying their browser. There is absolutely zero reason to use Firefox at this point. You can't even undo all their garbage ui changes now.

You can for a few months by going to the ESR, but you're just delaying the inevitable. FF (and therefore WF) will be absolute garbage in less than 4 months.

You hardware or OS is to blame. Works on all 4 of my machines.

I hope. I recently switched to Chromium because opening 5 YouTube tabs would use my entire RAM and page file, freezing my entire machine. I've also seen screenshots of it eating 16GB RAM with only a few tabs open. I think only some people are affected, but it's very severe.

It does

Attached: 2018-05-18-193832_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 777K)

Hello there, ramlet.

Did you make a bug report with a log of your about:memory?

about 30 tabs open

Attached: Untitled.png (819x593, 46K)

The Mozilla Firefox 52 Extended Support Release with full Extensible Markup Language User Interface Language support doesn't have this problem.

this is just pure beauty, care to share you config file ^_^?.
also what's the name of the font?

Seriously how autistic do you have to be to have 30 tabs open at once?

right? who the fuck has over, at most, 10 tabs? I mean, just make a fucking bookmark if you're gonna go back to it later.

>puts bookmarks under 10 layers of menus

You’re supposed to search for everything so Mozilla can get their cut for showing you adds. You know, just like Chrome.

I went back and checked and I had actually crashed once in March, but my last FF crash before that had been Nov. 3, and FF Quantum was released on Nov. 14.

>adds

Is it worse to admit that I’m a filthy phoneposter or to pretend to be retarded?

Cannot confirm, works on my machines, haven't had a single crash in as long as memory serves me, and I'm on the dev branch.

That's a YP, bro. Firefox works just fine on all my devices.

>bookmarks are literally available at the click of one button
>no

I love it when retards bitch about software and just expose their own shitty rigs and/or lack of basic knowledge needed to operate a personal computer and web browser.

>ah they finally fixed the 2004 memory leak did they?
Of course not

Font is IBM Plex
The configs are from github.com/LukeSmithxyz/voidrice and modified some of it. (I cant release mine since I havent tested it's "portability" to other computers yet)

Think I'm going to switch to Brave. Firefox has had a good run, but it's shitting on the most important things which are privacy and freedoms.

it was crashing for me until I've removed one of the extensions. 0 crashes since then

Are you high? Firefox is significantly better for privacy. Brave is terrible if you're concerned about privacy. Compared to firefox the blink engine is very limited when it comes to making your browsing private or secure.

I'm quite impressionable, going by what I've read on Jow Forums about drm and default settings ending up leaking shit and fingerprinting. I dunno, man. Doesn't privacytools.io recommend Brave?

Yeah, they also recommend Firefox. Firefox can be tweaked far far better than other browsers because of about:config.

Guess I'll stay then and just recheck the configurations on privacytools.io.

Can't confirm. However, it did fuck up Youtube on my end so I quickly jumped back to v59.0.2

haven't had a crash in a long time.
503 tabs open
multiple extensions
no problems ;)

Attached: Taskmgr_2018-05-18_19-10-47.png (868x184, 20K)

ctrl+b fren :)

Attached: worksonmymachine.png (1600x1548, 441K)

The SJWbrowser is still around and is unironically used by Jow Forums? Wow how pathetic.

why the fuck did they remove about:healthreport? now any idiot can come here and claim firefox is crashing, without being able to provide any evidence whatsoever.

i haven't had firefox crashing in years and i'm always on the stable channel.

Attached: works on my machine..jpg (512x512, 40K)

>firefox slowly uses more ram until it hangs my entire system every few days

Attached: Unsorted 3542 (IV).jpg (1800x2500, 363K)

Is this the power of rust?

one of your addons is probably leaking memory. i restart firefox only when there's an update or when i restart my computer and i haven't run into any problems in ages.
i only restart my pc when i leave my home for more than 3 days, which is maybe every 3 months.

*crashes all your tabs and makes you restart*

Attached: Firefox being retarded.png (1922x38, 4K)

works for me too you cunt :^)

I usually have to kill firefox at least once per day

Maybe you should switch to one of those many fine browsers written by conservatives.

Attached: steve_bill_laugh.jpg (498x332, 88K)

You can't keep up that act forever. Move on to chrome already.

post your addons and system specs, i'm genuinely curious what the fuck you guys are doing

Memory leaks come and go from Firefox every couple of updates. I blame the MILLIONS OF C++ LINES

yep, built a new pc and I figured I now have a powerful enough CPU and enough RAM to switch from chrome, but it still crashes multiple times a day. Mozilla need to be taken out behind the shed and put out of their mercy

Attached: myextensions.png (1101x659, 64K)

If firefox is crashing on your machine it's an issue with the install, your OS, or a hardware problem.

-t. person who fixes computers for a living

>56
Kek, its not like we have much choice anyway.
Firefox went to shit years ago, every new version cucking us more.

I use esr 45, but soon sites will probably stop working properly like every fucking older version that had the least amount of bullshit ui changes and all the other retarded crap they force upon us.

Its funny, the reason I switched to firefox back in 2005 or 6 from IE, was how customizable and how stable and good performance it had in comparison.

Now I just stay because there is nothing else that offers half of what the old firefox was.

Attached: 1516276975658.jpg (540x540, 17K)

reminder that Firefox has worse security than webkit/chromestuff, and now shows targeted advertisements in addition to the regular data mining

>If firefox is crashing, it can be anything
That really narrows it down

i don't know all of these, but this one caught my eye
>chrome store foxified
so you're running extensions that were designed specifically for google chrome on firefox? sounds like a bad idea, one of those is most likely causing the leak.

for reference, here's what i have installed.
i'm as i've said before, i don't usually restart ff very often (think 5 times a year, not including updates)

Attached: 2018-05-18 21_00_14.jpg (1250x379, 56K)

>reminder that Firefox has worse security than webkit/chromestuff, and now shows targeted advertisements in addition to the regular data mining
I don't see a single ad on firefox

The point is it's not the browser's fault, it's that shitty $60 RAM you bought or that time you shut your PC off while it was updated because "it was taking too long"

Sure, 20 million LOC of C++ can never be responsible for crashing. It must be a virus, or maybe a cheap RAM. Just buy a new computer, make sure it's a Mac now.

>so you're running extensions that were designed specifically for google chrome on firefox?
Only have it installed because its an interesting proof of concept, but don't really it use it.

>under 10 layers of menus
You guys don't just press ctrl-b/ctrl+shift+b for bookmarks? Ouch.

what version are you using 45.0?

I would never be so cruel as to recommend someone buy a mac.

But I've been running Firefox for 15 years and the only time it's ever crashed was when I had a failing stick of RAM. This is across multiple operating systems and multiple computers with different addons. If you're having issues it's on you.

Also have disabled it now

in that case i would disable the extensions one by one until you don't get any leaks anymore. once you've found the culprit, uninstall it and look for an alternative.
just to be sure, you're on stable, right? nightly gets leaks all the time, but stable should be, well, stable.

I've never had an spontaneous crash tbqh

Addon, hardware, site or OS issue. I close firefox only between the stable updates. It's always running on my system. Literally haven't had a crash in years.

Bull fucking shit. I haven't had a crash since version forty-something, and that was a problem with one of the plugins I had installed, not with the browser itself.

>Seriously how autistic do you have to be to have 30 tabs open at once?
Datalets, as in "I don't want to reload this tab because I have a limited data plan". That's it. There is literally no other reason to have more than 10 tabs open at the same time.

I'm not the only one huh. It crashed today when I middle mouse clicked a link.

What OS do you use? Never had a single crash with Firefox 60 on openSUSE, I use the Mozilla repo

Attached: 2018-05-18--1526675854_1718x828_scrot.png (1718x828, 178K)

>be you
>download browser based on whatever Jow Forums is shilling at the time
>do no actual research or testing on your own
>independent thought is hard
>when it inevitably doesn't work out come back to Jow Forums to complain
>waste bandwidth and everyone's time starting a flame war about some trivial thing

downloading a different browser would have been faster than making this thread. also pic related, some kind of witchcraft has occurred in this thread and it's not okay

Attached: ironic.png (1320x620, 16K)

>have 200+ tabs open
>works fine

>have 50 open
>close more than 10 tabs at a time
>crashes
what the fuck is that about?

Are they ever going to stop changing the newtab page? I just want a wallpaper and some customizable links and just leave it alone. You can't get much simpler than that.

current nightly doesnt have any known leaks, also have been using those extension for a long time and no leaks in any of them, so the leaky guy can maybe exclude the ones we have in common from testing (unless the leaks happen because 2 extensions dont mix&match or whatever)

Attached: muhextensions.jpg (1263x757, 216K)