MUH WINDIES

MUH WINDIES

the absolute state of Jow Forums

Attached: wLyVeAD.png (698x606, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

computerweekly.com/news/2240210455/UK-citizen-sues-Microsoft-over-Prism-private-data-leak-to-NSA
autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en/news/dutch-dpa-microsoft-breaches-data-protection-law-windows-10
theregister.co.uk/2018/03/28/microsoft_services_agreement_bars_offensive_language/
bigbrotherawards.de/en/2018/technology-microsoft-germany
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Windows has Linux subsystem
I can now participate in screenfetch threads with the rest of the plebians.

Most olf fags here throw the "install gentoo" meme and the new fags actually take it as truth. While I agree, most faggots on Jow Forums are on some sort of distro (BSD or GNU/Linux)

Attached: 1525382086371.jpg (250x250, 7K)

all Jow Forums memes aside, what cases are there where you actually should install gentoo?

If you want a distro with lots of customization and optimization potential

In my personal opinion, I have never really liked gentoo, most likely because I just wasn't used to it. People like their distros that fit. Im an Arch/Alpine/DD-WRT fuck. Use Arch for Desktop laptop servers etc, alpine for embedded and DDWRT for routers/switches. I grew up on an Arch machine for YEARS so I use nothing else. Same for gentoo, its just feel cause really they do all the samething.

Attached: 1525901035979.jpg (593x607, 56K)

I had switched to the next version recently, and it looks very promising.
Sets are incredible. Tabs in literally fucking anything. You can have an IDE running in a tab opened from a calculator. Still rough around the edges, but should be great when it's perfected.
Fucking emoji select panel is hilarious albeit useless for me. Covering specialâ„¢ symbols helps on a laptop without a numpad.
Clipboard is great. Changes to the Start Menu search function are appreciated.

Great experience overall.

Employed fucking dev here.
Not specifically Gentoo, but any arbitrary Linux distro - you install them when you want to develop something that'll work on them. VM servers are the most common use case by a landslide.

now that windows 10 is improving all Jow Forums has are outdated screenshots and webms that have been fixed for almost two years now.

windows 10's ui is starting to become more consistent, the features they're adding are nice and now they're starting to listen to people on privacy. oh and linux is literally a subsystem so no need to dual boot.

Attached: 1526496504167.jpg (2560x1440, 270K)

casual

>sets are incredible
This has been a feature in i3 since forever.

Attached: 1524153090167.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

>listening to people on privacy

do you have any sources? microsot isn't known for being privacy-friendly

I have a legit copy of windows 10 and office 2016 365

>Cost me $11 USD in total

What purpose does your reply serve, user?

Proxy shitposting?

Attached: 1525895051326.jpg (735x1072, 105K)

you can delete diagnostic information sent to microsoft

>caring about the operating system anonymous users on a hungarian midget throat singing forum use

Attached: 1526259649778.jpg (587x616, 23K)

>do you have any sources? microsot isn't known for being privacy-friendly
How so? Give me real world examples from the past couple years (current CEO)
No leaks, everything is anonymized, enterprise cloud has grown due to trust on this issue, etc. so please actually provide something other than muh telemetrics

Caring about what OS people use. Get a life hipster

That's what Micro$oft wants you to believe. The CEO admits in being "privacy-friendly", but that is not the true case here.
computerweekly.com/news/2240210455/UK-citizen-sues-Microsoft-over-Prism-private-data-leak-to-NSA
autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en/news/dutch-dpa-microsoft-breaches-data-protection-law-windows-10
theregister.co.uk/2018/03/28/microsoft_services_agreement_bars_offensive_language/
bigbrotherawards.de/en/2018/technology-microsoft-germany

>computerweekly.com/news/2240210455/UK-citizen-sues-Microsoft-over-Prism-private-data-leak-to-NSA
>theregister.co.uk/2018/03/28/microsoft_services_agreement_bars_offensive_language/
Not Windows.

>autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en/news/dutch-dpa-microsoft-breaches-data-protection-law-windows-10
There's are now several screens that you must go through during setup dedicated to explaining that you are tracked by default.

>bigbrotherawards.de/en/2018/technology-microsoft-germany
A single setting to disable everything would be nice, yes.

>There's are now several screens that you must go through during setup dedicated to explaining that you are tracked by default.

It however, doesn't change the fact that Microsoft continues to secretly retrieve your data, and sent to their servers. Even if there are ways to "disable" tracking on setup, the information is still inevitably compromised.

>secretly
That's exactly what it changes and what the Dutch law had issues with.

When you have a laptop that's older than a decade

Also lelnux still doesn't have proper hardware acceleration on browsers.

come back at me when they have changed windows registry into metro theme, then we can call it consistent

I had a programming class where we had to write things in c and compile them on Linux. The Linux Subsystem for Windows worked perfectly, didn't have to install a VM like the instructor said I should do.

>en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9059483.iso

I have this iso and I am about to install it. Can telemetry be completely disabled in ltsb edition (without using 3rd party tools) ?

I honestly look down on "tech people" who prefer Windows 10. Those of you are pathetic.