Where have you been while Google have been quietly killing the TCP protocol?

Where have you been while Google have been quietly killing the TCP protocol?

Attached: TCP_TLS_vs_QUIC.png (1254x542, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/http2-indicator/
docs.google.com/document/d/1lmL9EF6qKrk7gbazY8bIdvq3Pno2Xj_l_YShP40GLQE
docs.google.com/document/d/1RNHkx_VvKWyWg6Lr8SZ-saqsQx7rFV-ev2jRFUoVD34
youtube.com/watch?v=BazWPeUGS8M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good.
TCP is shit

rip in piece transfer tcp protocol

I won't miss it.

if you're using Chrome (or any chromium based browser), all youtube videos are transferred using QUIC now

>.8% global webserver support
>killing TCP
What did he mean by this?

it will grow more if Google pushes it enough, but I guess it's more useful for videos, voip and online gaming over websockets

maximum botnet

QUIC is a piece of shit

care to elaborate?

second spbp best post

>.8% support globably
>that is 100% of all youtube traffic

Go bullshit somewhere else. Only on chromium based browsers is QUIC enabled for YouTube traffic.

You're not killing tcp if you're using udp in the first place. Udp needs a frame check it's the biggest flaw despite gaining speed

What does it mean for brainlet?

Nothing

> Hurr durr somebody at googel farted. Their redesigning the internet.

like they pushed Go?

Attached: 1525128674156s.jpg (125x118, 2K)

Https over TCP needs to die.

>TCP
>being killed

lmao, even UDP can't be killed off. There are protocols out there still from decades ago like ATM still in use.

Cheering for them.

Attached: absolutelyNice.jpg (191x255, 10K)

Honestly I doubt TCP will find its way out of the picture that quick. All multiplayer games for example use TCP.

UDP has CRC, QUIC takes care of congestion, confidentiality, authentication and reordering

UDP is like vanilla transport layer, it can't be killed off since it's the minimum amount of info to transport a datagram between 2 applications

That's exactly where TCP sucks, real time applications

More like UDP cannot be killed off for capability reasons...

I mean, sure it's slower and I'm not up to speed on networking stuff since it's not my area, is there anything faster to replace it which also sends packet in order?

even if you send packets in order, you cannot guarantee that they will be received in order due to routing and congestion

some logic has to be added in receiver (in TCP it's in the OS kernel, in QUIC it's in user space) to reorder them

>uhoh looks like you haven't renewed your quic licence. You will be unable to view this webpage until you do

I'd send you a joke about UDP but you probably wouldn't get it.

it's currently a draft on IETF you retard, not everything made by google is a botnet you fucking NEET

Are you fucking serious right now? All mp games use udp since the fucking 90s.

Where have you been while AIDS have been quietly killing the immune system?

Attached: faggot.jpg (500x335, 19K)

>he actually uses the firefox meme

Nigga just use the chrome ya fuckin dweeb

kys lying fagbag

I-is that Rob Pike? Holy shit, what happened to him?

>Holy shit, what happened to him?
Google.

Attached: 2wl0lc2urs8z.jpg (838x855, 80K)

That poor fucker has to pretend to be gay to stay employed at google.

And people on this board shill Go like it's the second coming.

they're just that - shills

Pretty sure UDP is better for multiplayer games. Speed is important.

unblockable ads
everything is an app

UDP works poorly through NAT though.

Anyone has an indicator extension?

Here's one for HTTP/S
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/http2-indicator/

>use chrome
I dont want to get cucked by google rashesh

meant to say http2

UDP works just fine through NAT

>Their redesigning the internet.
>Their redesigning
>Their
wuhahahahahahaha
like anyone will take notice of what you write if you cannot even be bothered to learn English hahaha

Why does it matter?
It's a protocol, not the end of the world.
Write your own protocols and use those
I imagine that you would then realise why Google are pushing QUIC.
Hello, I am machine x who are you
I am y
hey Y I see you want z
That is something I can connect you to whats the payload
Hey x heres the payload
"fuck you"

Why did you say that Y?
all you have said is fuck you?
No reason x I just dont have a reason

Shut the fuck up ESL retard

This looks neat. I'm surprised that they're trying to replicate all of the guarantees TCP makes, though.

Also, here's a decent description from Google:
docs.google.com/document/d/1lmL9EF6qKrk7gbazY8bIdvq3Pno2Xj_l_YShP40GLQE
docs.google.com/document/d/1RNHkx_VvKWyWg6Lr8SZ-saqsQx7rFV-ev2jRFUoVD34

if you're interested about more, watch this talk
youtube.com/watch?v=BazWPeUGS8M

it's by one of the guys in the core team behind the protocol

> inb4 he's pajeet

Go is fucking everywhere my man. Look at any backend cloud-management software and a majority are based off Go. See: Cloud Foundry, BOSH: the software used by almost every fortune 500 company to manage their IaaS.

Quick rundown on QUIC please?

lazy developers (which is >90% of indies and small studios) use TCP.

and backdooring

slightly off topic, what protocols that run over TCP do games use? web online games use websockets which afaik runs on TCP

>TCP
>videos, voip and online gaming
I thought you use UDP for that stuff ?

TCP can be used for all of them and is used for several MMOs if that's what you're referring to.

I thought you use UDP for all of that because it's quicker. One package not arriving isn't a big deal in video streaming etc.

Udp packets can be serialized and reordered on the next level up the osi model, and can do real time applications like motion. This is exactly how Ethernet/ip protocol works. You faggots need to expand your horizons and stop smoking google dick.

Pretty sure you can use websockets with UDP.

Do you want to know how i know that you are a smelly indian?

>falling for the http2 meme where the server has the ability to push "resources" (read ads) to the client without his request
summer is coming up nicely

So, just like with http?

>in http1(.1) you receive data without asking for it
please reconsider cutting off the oxygen from your carbon life form

Wtf google is putting ther dirty hands in everywhere. Looks like they want to make the whole internet demand on their APIs to slake their datathirst.

>Where have you been while Google have been quietly killing the TCP protocol?
Is QUIC usable without http? http is aids anyway.

maybe, maybe not, most game servers send data periodically to sync with clients (every some 0.1 sec), if you send very small data sizes (30 or 40 bytes), you probably don't need tcp, but if you send bigger sizes that need to be fragmented and reassembled, you have to use tcp

I chuckled, have a (you)

Somebody get this guy some raw onions!

Go on

Honestly, anyone who uses Chrome(not even Chromium, just Chrome) should be autobanned from Jow Forums.

> I want everything for free, I don't even want to give anonymous data for analytics and advertising purposes, I don't care how economy works, I just want EVERYTHING FOR FREE

So (((They))) are behind them right? Is this really what it has come to? We're about to become full time slaves to them through (((tech))) and then Brave New World? No way to block ads or any sort of content while your daughter gets taught mandatory non binary gender studies and obligatory holocaust studies?

Wow, i didn't know people this dense existed.
Firefox is a perfectly fine browser and you can still send the data you would send google to Mozilla. So what is your actual problem with using an open and community driven browser

how does Mozilla pay developers to work and develop things like Firefox?

Even non profit organizations like Mozilla have to generate money to keep being alive

If you don't give Google which provides most services for free a return even at the form of analytics, how the fuck will pay for the costs and its employees to keep creating things?

you bet nigger

Why would I use any google services?
YouTube might be the only service I use, and even then I use patreon and adnauseum.
Also, Mozilla gets most of its money from google. So don't bullshit me about making money, with Mozilla as a 'middleman' I feel at least a little less of a product of google.

>Why would I use any google services?

you're not obliged to, don't, but repeating the botnet meme won't make you any smarter

Yeph. Look at cable tv; at its inception the purpose was to pay for channels with "lfewer" ads and look at them now. Capitalism is a whore, and a very good one at that.

i like whores

Your fucking stupid. I speak better English than you.

>Your fucking stupid.
its obvious.
>I speak better English than you.
gooder. not better, gooder.

Can somebody explain to me why DNSCrypt uses QUIC?

NO

Attached: FUCKING_SAND.jpg (715x402, 26K)

>botnet meme
How can it be meme if it's true & rather grounded?