5.25 in bay acessories

What are come of the most useful ways to fill my reaming two 5.25 in bays?

Attached: 5.25.jpg (800x800, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/4/32853602385.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 20104471_20104471_s_1.jpg (365x365, 25K)

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x298, 12K)

hard cock. all bays filled.

Fan controller and or lighting controller.

If you have space after that 2.5" hotswap array bay.

This

it's not 2008 anymore OP

Put a Jaz drive in

stick a hard drive and a couple ssds in there.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1024x1024, 34K)

>Fan controller
Standalone fan controllers are beyond garbage. Only the Aquaero is decent for watercooling builds, and even that is overkill if you don't use the aquabus shit.

Your motherboard with a couple of slitter cables is excellent. For a simple custom watercooling loop (1 pump, 2 blocks) a motherboard with a t_sensor input connected to a water temperature sensor, controlling pump and rad fan speeds is excellent.

I have two of these

Attached: HSB100SATBK.Main.jpg (600x600, 26K)

lol

Attached: T925-1110-main.jpg (300x300, 33K)

>Fan controller and or lighting controller.
Both useless memes.
>2.5"
Trash.
r

came here to post this

Got this some time ago, it's great

not exactly what you asked, but for 3 bays, you can actually put in something useful.

Attached: 17-121-405-01.jpg (640x480, 126K)

fucking this is the correct answer. The only legit excuse for having a case larger than mini-atx is so you can build a server with shitton of drives.

Attached: pc-ez-bake.jpg (450x262, 20K)

I have an SD (and other random cards) card reader. Saves me having to track down the USB one.

DVD drive

No one needs a fan controller.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x221, 6K)

>5.25
user, this doesn't look line a 5.25 floppy drive

I can't seem te find it anymore but somewhere in the early 2000s I've seen a drive with a hole to put your dick in.

Attached: 511076668_b651d4e444_z.jpg?zz=1.jpg (500x393, 82K)

Sounds like something you could find on /diy/

Man, this gives me 2003 flashbacks.

That was joke website about "teledildonics"

>I have an SD (and other random cards) card reader. Saves me having to track down the USB one

those generally go in the 3.5" floppy drive bay, user.

You may be right, but not this one.

this has been my obsession as of late, i love drive bay accessories! im on a quest to finda matx case with all 5.25 drive bays in the fron of the case, preferably 5 or even 6, but will settle with 4. So far no luck lol. plan is to have

[speakers]
[blue ray drive]
[storage drawer]
[intake fans/cooler]
[amplifier]
i feel like im gonna have to mod an matx case to have all the slots i want but i know nothing of modding and i have no tools. is there a place i can send off a case to be modded to my specifications?

Attached: 525build.png (1152x648, 26K)

Bay for slobs.

Attached: A1C71F72E30C4A3CB5686701D4716A46.jpg (700x368, 48K)

The fan controller does have a purpose. My system lacks the headers to plug fans into the board, and direct connection would've made everything loud as fuck.

Why do computers even still have front bays
Everything listed in this thread is either useless, deprecated, or a silly toy.

Attached: I heard you liked PCs.jpg (455x238, 16K)

Applefag plz.

>I only use new and trending tech, thank you very much. *sniff*

Attached: 1502235626460.jpg (1080x1920, 220K)

I'm using a cheap version of this, but it can have up to 6 2.5" or 1 3.5" and 2.5", I'm using it with 1 3.2" and 1 2.5", because it wasn't really well designed and the cables can't reach at all.

speakers sound horrible in a small space like that

fuck, someone already posted it, it's what I am using. Same model from Orioco.

That's where I put my tape drive

I'm gonna buy it if it's below 30 USD, my front panel ports got busted and there's no cheap case for my needs (a lot of holes everywhere + bottom mounted PSU, it's a fanless med-power PC).

nice for all those usb dongles/flash drives

Fucking kek, that's so useless

#
see
Though in the end I found an audio extender lying around and other cables are long enough that they barely reach (power button isn't busted, only the ports are).

Lots of ports like pic related. There are many variants, check out stores.

Attached: media_dashboard.jpg (640x640, 57K)

My new case doesn't even have 5.25" bays

There are a lot of shitty cases because plebs never needed good ones. Only one or two 3.5" bays are also common with plebian data death machines.

link? I could use this

Not same user, but I saw them on Ali before:
aliexpress.com/item/4/32853602385.html

Go browse some to see if that's the cheapest price you can get.

what the fuck is the front-side Molex connector for?
letting retarded pets or family members lick 12V at 10+A until a fuse pops?

Cheap eSATA support, some of these still have molex power.

I thought the whole point of esata was to deliver power and data on one single connector

i know, its mostly for fun, i dont expect to b gaming or watching movies with the sound blasting thru those tiny speakers, more like for podcasts. i was thinking i can even upgrade the speakers w a little modding.

No, that's eSATAp [rare] or SAS [enterprisey, rare in home machines].

eSATA standard [common] doesn't have power.

Kek, it lacks a SATA power connector, but has legacy support.

>He doesn't have 11 5.25" bays to house a 360mm rad, which is now a push pull setup

Proletariat

Attached: 26025831_574164389590911_3838236208949433847_o.jpg (1152x2048, 421K)

That's pretty rad

Attached: carlos.jpg (400x400, 19K)

AMP to SATA power is easy to get / the default on some devices. The other way around is a lot less common.

Plus other devices also still do AMP.

Seems sensible but I guess you can find a SATA power one if you prefer.

>Buying a case with a shitton of 5.25" bays just to not use any of them

Attached: puke.jpg (768x624, 189K)

>Buying a case with a shitton of 5.25" bays for the sole purpose of putting a giant rad in it

Attached: 78 - i_can_fap_to_this macro wade_barrett wwe.jpg (461x361, 84K)

Speakers are ricey. Just get regular desk speakers.

let him have his fun user

He's right though. It's literally inferior.
Everything else can be justified. A SATA bay on your desk brings no benefit and, for a USB 3 version that can keep up in speed, probably more expensive, not to mention that it's yet another thing taking up space and dragging wires - plus for some reason they seem to tend to be universally shitty. A set of ports/cardreader again gets no benefit from being external, and increases clutter. For a drawer it really makes no difference, but if it reduces clutter for you then it's a good choice - at the very least, there's nothing actually wrong with it.

But speakers? Minimal benefit (less clutter, as for everything else above) but huge cost: you're compromising greatly on the sound quality, which is, you know, like, the main function of speakers in the first place. Imagine placing your main monitor in a 5.25'' bay. Obviously that's a bit more extreme, but it's in the same general league.

>Imagine placing your main monitor in a 5.25'' bay.

Attached: 17jeflyux03ksjpg.jpg (700x425, 101K)

is that a fucking cigarette lighter? god that takes me back

I use a water cooler reservoir and have a fan controller right under it. I also had to buy an external blu-ray player because I route the HDMI from my video card to my main TV to watch movies.

>Wasting a perfectly good server case on le watercool meme
>Sticking le watercool meme radiator at the front of that specific case where you can either leave the door open like a retard, hack off the door and ruin a perfectly good case, or have all of your radiator's air go in and out of your case in three very tiny slots at the bottom of the door
Yeah epik bro simply epik

Attached: puke while driving.jpg (728x546, 51K)

New and trending tech like fucking flash drives

>(Former mother now wife)

Attached: Tucked.gif (222x330, 545K)

Not a single one? cause you can split them.
>direct connection would've made everything loud as fuck.
Most cases come with a simple 3-step "fan controller". Then there's low noise adapters. Or you can just connect them to the 5v rail.

Most people just set their fan controllers to a single speed and forgets it, and in that case you can get a very cheap internal one too for much less money and bulk.

I wish these werent $100+++ here or I could import things.

I've got two fan headers on the board for CPU cooling, and three more fans that needed juice. Case is old and cheap, but solid. It's nice to be able to kick up the fans to help out the GPU.

>(former mother, now wife)

Attached: uh.gif (200x200, 27K)

>11th birthday

>former mother, now wife
>11th birthday

Attached: 1525883241940.png (872x632, 153K)

Blu-ray player so you can enjoy some 4k.

Attached: 1406404869472.png (502x358, 112K)

my peepee growing

people make fun of this, but its SO convenient for USBs,adaptors,dust collecting raspberry pis, and aurduinos.

Do want.

>i love drive bay accessories!

Attached: __.gif (413x243, 51K)

retard

can't tell if retard or trolling

Attached: 1308046571001.jpg (1300x915, 595K)