So why are they still more than 3X the price of HDD?

So why are they still more than 3X the price of HDD?
They have been around for so long now and we have even seen it's successor technology NVME.

Attached: SSD.jpg (640x480, 23K)

Attached: bait.jpg (800x450, 31K)

>Why does something incredibly difficult to manufacture cost more than something else that's been around for decades and is objectively worse in almost everything
Dunno

why are fast computers still more expensive than slow computers?
they have been around for so long now and we have even seen it's successor technology smartphones.

Attached: 1522557924021.jpg (1801x1339, 801K)

I'm looking for 240gb ssd, anyone knows which has best price/performance.
Are 3D NAND ones best?

SSDs were never supposed to beat HDDs in price for capcity.
It was literally never a goal. Ever.

Made me giggle, thanks user.

It's because they keep introducing new controllers/memory technologies that cost a lot to invest in. That's why they can never sell for cheap. Until the time comes where they can't make slight improvements to it anymore, their price will stay the same and never go down.

Gooks and chinks run a cartel

Monitors, SSDs, RAM etc will always be 4x times more than what it should be priced at

They've been sued for this shit so many times now.

>muh rising costs
>muh difficulties in production
>muh resources and times
>Implying that's all there is to it and people don't resort to kikery to reel in huge amounts of profits in the beginning
Gee user, you're almost as much the faggot as OP is.

Price cartels
Supply not following demand
Manufacturers not foreseeing the sudden rise in need and not being particularly willing to make investments due to fear of recession.
And building a chip-factory (too drunk to find the proper word) will cost you quite a bit more than pocket change and take quite a while to bulid as well

Prices are going down as factories are starting to pay for themselves but you know, silicon chips are actually difficult and expensive to make
Sure you can make it profitable but there will always be a high initial cost that we're now passing

Oh, and you've to account the costs for research in this kind of product. They had a lot of problems until a few years ago and even now there are new kinds of SSDs coming out every day, that's a lot of people working

And yes, they still have to make margins

>Smaller than HDD's, especially when in m.2 form factor
>Completely silent
>More than 3x faster than HDD's
>the IC's being used are constantly being improved to provide better speed and efficiency
>B-b-b-but why do I have to pay more?
Fuck off. You pay for what you get. Fucking retards want everything to cost $10 or they throw a fucking fit.

>implying this isn't the lie consumerism is based on
You realize those yearly improvements are planned years in advance right?

>why are fast computers still more expensive than slow computers?
They aren't? You can get a quite decent/speedy pc for like 300 bucks, yet an old pc (with 1/5 of the specs) is going to cost half of the price because lol reasons

Some memes are just too good to die.

Attached: ee4.jpg (1200x1333, 118K)

Can someone explain me this too?

SSDs are starting to get in a bit of trouble when they hit 19nm planar NAND as demonstrated with the Samsung 840 EVO. Getting smaller is getting troublesome so don't expect too much nowadays.

they should make good ssd and don't waste money and resources on shitty Ssd. consumerism is a fucking trap

What is the size of 860 evo?

840 EVO had some firmware problems, I don't remember it having issues with flash itself.

>difficult to manufacture
>difficult and expensive to make

how is anything difficult to make when robots do 90% of the jobs?
>create schematics
>program the robots
>done
the only hard part is to design the hardware but it ends there

Because robots cost lots of money to run, namely electricity. Humans in third world countries run on rice and beans which they get for tenth of our cent.

>successor technology NVME
you are fucking retarded
it's not a different technology, it's just a different interface
my god, you are absolutely fucking dumb, you're probably even a nigger

Do you think robots are magical elves that appear out of thin air and can do any arbitrary task with arbitrary precision? You have to design and build them too.

Currently SSD prices are good. They were cheap around 2016, but you could get a 850 500 GB for 99 € some weeks ago. 120 € is also good compared to the 150-170 high we had earlier.You get a 960 for his price now.

I wish for QLC SSDs so we can finally get rid of HDD.

ram cartels

building the robots is a 1 time task only, programming them to build a type of hardware is also done only once
i already said that doing both is the only difficult part, and i asked what's difficult in producing it when both are done, so why are you repeating what i've said? i didn't ask about the costs, i asked how is it difficult to produce when it already exists

Demand still high as ppl still switching to it from hdd little by little.

They get away with it because due to our regulations and minimum wages, even at that inflated price, we cant make it cheaper ourselves.

>what's difficult in producing it when both are done
Nothing really. But you gotta get back the massive amounts of money you spent on R&D and building the production line, otherwise you won't be able to afford the next technological step - so you can't sell your SSDs for just the cost of electricity and materials.

the robots you seem to be talking about do not exist yet

>why do the billions in machinery and r&d never reduce and give me cheap electronics!