Computer won't boot

I come to you guys in my hour of utmost need.

I just replaced my mobo and thought it was going swell but now, after 2 hours of error-checking, my computer won't start no matter what I do.

My specs are as follows:
>NZXT H440 Midi Tower Black/Red
>ATX 12V V2.4, 80 Plus Gold, Modular, 8x 6+2-pin PCIe, 12x SATA, 11x Molex, 2x FD
>8700k i7, LGA1151
>Corsair Hydro Series H60 CPU Cooler
>Z370-H Gaming Motherboard
>HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 16GB
>1080 Ti
>SATA 6GB/s, 535MB/370MBs/, 9.5mm adapter

The only indication my motherboard is giving me is an orange light when I connect it to power, which I guess means it's being fed.

Beyond that, when I press the power-button nothing happens.

Every wire I have is connected as far as I can see (pic related). Please help me Jow Forums, I'm scared and confused.
>inb4 /pcbg/
They were of no help.

Attached: 1510621926670.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

gay looking setup

Make sure RAM is seated properly and in the correct slots refer to your motherboards documentation.

Did you try clear CMOS?

I was aiming for homosexuality, yes.

I tried taking all the ram out and placing it all back in again, and no differing in result. Do you think my RAM might be fucked?

I didn't see any such option on my motherboard, and turning it on is a no-go as mentioned...

You remove the CMOS battery the old way then.

Did you try without dGPU?

Did you try with a single RAM with different slots?

long shot, but a friend of mine had a similar issue - turns out the grounding for a screw on the corner of the mobo got fucked up. once he took the screw out, it booted fine.

Are you sure that SSD has the same key as the slot? To me it seems to not fit proberly. Or is the slot slanted?

Oh, if absolutely nothing happens... Did you check that the power switch leads are plugged to the right pins? It would at least blink something desperately if it tried to power up and started frying.

I can't seem to dig up this mystical CMOS battery anywhere on my mobo. And the instruction booklet gives nothing.

I have, since my last post, tried every piece of ram, by itself in every slot, and nothing...

I also tried taking out the GPU but that didn't do anything either.

So try unscrewing a screw at a time out of my motherboard?

I am, checked it just now. It fits, but it is cutting it a little close.

I get the orange light, which indicates the motherboard is receiving power. If it had started but flashed one of the helpful "something is wrong" lights, I'd be fine.

But no such luck.

that’s how he figured it out; he unscrewed one at a time and tried to boot. sort of a stupid problem though because his friend drilled into the mobo for some reason i can’t remember. worth a shot maybe.

did you try swap back?

Then your problem is between the chipset, your power switch and your PSU. Are you really sure the leads are in the right pins? If you went by the markings in the board, check the manual (probably online, I bet they only sent a leaflet teaching you the worst way possible of spreading thermal paste and giving some jumper/wiring pinouts without any reference)

Once my computer wouldnt start and it was the powerbutton itself that didnt work...
Are you 100% sure you have connected it correctly, look in the manual to be sure! And try shorting the pins out with a screwdriver instead of using the powerbutton

>Jow Forums is NOT your personal tech support team
Now fuck off, cumsipper.

That nvme drive looks fucked up.

Be very careful when shorting anything electronic. Shit's not like a car or bike where you can bypass the starter and have no worries about accidentally shorting something you shouldn't. Use a piece of insulated wire.

Sorry, don't want to seem like an ass to the person I'm replying too.

To test the power button:
>Start by unplugging the power switch from your motherboard.
> Take a flat head screw driver and touch it to the two pins the power switch was plugged into for 1-2 seconds

You made sure to unplug the powersupply from the wall before touching any of the internal components, right OP?

Also test the PSU with the paperclip method:

1. Disconnect your power supply from your motherboard if you have not already.

2. Flip the switch on the back of your power supply to the off position "0"

3. On the 24 Pin connector locate the green wire going into pin 16 (see diagram below for pin numbering)

4. Insert one end of the paperclip into the pin 16

5. Insert the other end of the paper clip into pin 17 that has a black wire going into it. (you can also plug it in on any of the black ground wires)

6. Flip the switch on your power supply to the on "|" position.

HOLY MOTHERFUCKER THAT DID IT

IT BOOTS

IT RUNS

I TOOK OUT A SCREW AND IT FUCKING WORKED - and I'll confess I had no fucking faith in your suggestion.

Thanks a million for posting such an obscure solution user!

>t. linux neckbeard

Go with your autism and anime traps somewhere else, motherfucker.

no problem dude

>clear problem
>has already tried /pcbg/
>posts pictures and constant updates, responding to every single suggestion

No. Fuck YOU. If you're going to beg for help like a sissy, this is the way to do it.

Congrats user

Gj.

I think the strix board has an extra hold thats for screwing faggy 3D print and not stand off screw. I almost did the same mistake as you with my z270 board. Asus is that retarded.

No really man, thanks. I wouldn't have thought of that in a million years.

Thank you user. Jow Forums saved my day!

Yeah I blame Asus for this one (not buying their shit again, let me tell you that!), thanks for the help Jow Forumsfriend!

Never saw anything like that, which screw you removed just in case?

Thought I owed you guys a little picture after helping me like that.

You might not be able to read it thanks to the shitty quality but down by that little green light, it says "BOOT". And it radiates green glory. Thanks again Jow Forums. Feel free to let the thread die now.

Weirdest thing I've ever experience in my little time PC-building. Took out the middle-screw towards the STRIX logo facing the back and it booted right up!

Attached: 1526540557009.jpg (720x1280, 137K)

What if I like solving tech-related problems fukboii?

Cool, just one more thing, how's your temps in that case? I have one somewhere with broken hubs that was from my brother and was thinking about using it.

Not him, but I own that case and it is currently running an assload of fans. But it's doing really well now. It has some airflow issue in the front, so I recommend taking the cover off. The dust-filter will still be there even with the front of the case off and it drops the temps by 5-8 degrees.

It's not amazingly top-tier, but it's probably the best mid-case I've tried.

I would prefer use it with the front cover tbqh... Which and how many fans are you using? I was planning to get some noctuas to put on it but I heard that it wouldn't improve the airflow anyway.

yup thats the 3D print hole

its actually in the documentation on newer board but when I bought mine there wasn't anything and I only found out when reading review of the board.

Please read the sticky.