USB-C GENERAL

How's your upgrade progress to USB-C looking so far?

Find any good USB-C devices or cables recently?

Attached: usb-c.png (810x456, 401K)

>devices
My phone has it
>Cables
Anker Powerline+ is God's USB-A 3.1 to USB-C cable

USB C is deprecated
PCs will never upgrade fully, and phones charge with Qi and transfer data over wifi.

My computer's motherboard has one USB-C port. I do not have any devices that use it yet.

>deprecated
I don't think you know what that word means

Found some cool split wire that has USB-C, Micro B, and Lightning, i like it because i have to use iphone for work, and my wife uses my old Nexus 6p, and we have bunch of powerbanks with Micro B in.

I've got one of the new 2017 MBP without the touch bar and I've used a thunderbolt 2 > 3 adaptor that apple sells to connect it to the Thunderbolt Display. Pretty handy being able to use the ports on the back of the display for my laptop but honestly at this stage, I should've just bought a desktop. I use my X61 for most of my portable work these days.

Same here, what would you even plug in to PC with USB-C ? i would maybe want to use that port for USB Hub, so i could plug just one C in to PCand have like 6 USB 3 with 2.4A, that would be cool

My Nintendo Switch has USB C

>tfw on my laptop and don't have any so y wojacks to post

Enjoy your cheap chink housefire cable

The only reason I would think that's on a motherboard is either for hub purposes like you speculated, or externel drives
Putting that on a MB for the purposes of connecting devices is stupid

>Qi

Enjoy your heat death

What's so great about USB-C and why do I have to upgrade? Is it just it's small size? What's wrong with A?

Macbook Pro
Dongles
Nintendo Switch

C is great for handhelds and laptops, but A is really all you need for a desktop

I have literally never seen one of those ever before and probably will never need them.

They are nothing but a meme to make autismos waste their money on yet another motherboard, that shit is as useless as ipv6.

My laptop has 2 alongside 3 USB-As.

i plug my MacBook into my pc's usb c port sometimes for shits and giggles

why is this thread back?

i like usb c

Attached: usb-c.jpg (3024x4032, 653K)

I HAVE NO USB-C DEVICES AND I HOPE I NEVER BUY ANY

>IPv6
>Useless

Unique public IPv4 addresses are running out. There can only be 4.2 billion unique addresses with IPv4. Compared to IPv6 which can have up to 340 undecillion unique addresses.

Attached: blobnoose.png (128x128, 12K)

Yeah especially if it moves 1 mm and you wonder why the fucking monitor does not turn on, but you are so used to the light not indicating anything when the computer is off because ... design..

also man fuck that cable length

Heat death will get us all in the long run no matter what charging method we use, user

except that your heat death will be accelerated by Qi

I was pretty hardcore anti USB-C because of how many things I would have to replace just in getting a phone with it, not to mention any other devices. The Galaxy S8 finally got me to start the move to C though. It silenced all of my objections of having a phone with C.
>Welp, gotta buy a new OTG dongle
Came with one for the purpose of plugging my s8 into my old phone to transfer everything (didn't work though bc Samsung smart switch is garbage, BUT the free OTG dongle was nice)
>Welp, gotta buy a new car charger
Came with a tiny little adapter that turns microUSB into USB-C, so any cords and accessories from my old phone work fine
>Welp, there goes hdmi out
Turns out USB-C can do display port out (not really surprised since C is usb3x and mini display port is too) so I was able to use a USB-C to mini DP dongle, then the mini DP to HDMI or VGA dongles I have from my Macs.

And with the USB-C accessories Samsung included with the S8, that means pretty much all of my complaints about moving any other devices to USB-C are pretty much null. I don't really have any reason not to switch over besides not needing to replace any other devices that would have USB-C

I have been hearing that pasta since the 99s nibba. It's 2018 now and everything works fine without it.

I recently ordered a USB-C to USB 3.1 adapter for my type C headphone dongle that I use on the Switch. The keyboard I use has a USB port on the back so I figured it'd be more convenient to run my headphones from there. When I upgrade to Ryzen a mobo with USB-C will be mandatory for me, I don't plan on upgrading again in 5 years and I want it to be future proof.

One of Huawei's flagship had a desktop mode when you plugged it in to a monitor via USB C
The switch was immediate and you were greeted with a Linux Desktop

>board HAS to have USB C
get a USB 3.x to USB C hub

I don't have a single device that supports USB-C

I'm already planning on it.

I wish it had a locking connector available for more stationary installations like monitors.

t. half lights battery on fire using fast charging anyway

My phone has it
The mirrorless camera im looking at buying has one

usb-c will only be considered good in my eyes if all brands standardize it.
for now, i'll stick to micro-usb and usb 3.1

Thunderbolt 3.1 in type C format > USB type C

That's pretty dope. Samsung does a desktop mode too but they're money grubbing cocksmokers there. They may have given me a bunch of cool shit in the box, but to use desktop mode you have to buy a separate dock that's literally just a display port adapter and usb hub but afaik you can't trigger desktop mode without their special dock or having an Exynos s8 rooted with a special kernel mod. So fucking lame.

This. Been waiting for years for ipv6 rollout on my ISP. They did a firmware update to their modems a couple years ago to enable the ability to turn on ipv6, but there's no dhcp server to give an ipv6 lease, so the modem just sits there requesting an address and not getting one. Shits weak.

kek'd

significantly higher transfer speeds, smaller size, fast charging, can use it as a USB while charging your device through the same cable at the same time, reversible

got a usb-c gigabit ethernet adapter for my laptop

feels pretty good to never have to deal with the quantum super-state that is USB-A.

I just want my phone to have it now.

I hear thunderbolt hubs are cool but pretty much everything thunderbolt is +90$ from what a USB-C counterpart would be.

get the newer released phones with thunderbolt 3 if you get a phone with USB-C, you won't regret it.

waiting for more motherboards and cases to implement

lol qi shit cant go over 1a unless you have it natively on your phone

To be honest it's going to take like 3-5 years to roll out completely. But it's badly needed.

Imagine being so retarded you cannot plug in a USB connector

you have a 33% chance of plugging in USB-A wrong, wasting precious seconds

Phone has it, laptop has it with x2 USB A.
Switch has it and desktop MOBO has it.
Haven't ever used the desktop connector though, don't see a point to buying a new HUB just for the sake of it.
Even fast charging over wireless is slower than using a USB-C cable and it will kill your battery sooner.
I use it but it's not a full replacement.

I've got a really nice long usb c cable that came with my switch pro controller. I also have a few from monoprice. My main phone (oneplus 3) and extra phone (oneplus 2) both use usb c. I also have an adapter on my keychain to plug a usb c cable into a pebble charger. I pretty much only need microusb still to charge my electric lighter and maybe a few othe misc things I don't use often.

USB-D when

I hate it. I'm always worried the clit will break off and dirt and shit gets stuck in it easier.

USB-D when?

because of dual stack lite, which is a very bad thing

I use it on my phone and on my Nintendo Switch and it's controllers.

The sooner the better

USB C is great, I hope it kills every other USB iteration