Where the fuck is it?

Where the fuck is it?

Any rumors with any substance?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/12170/nvidia-titan-v-preview-titanomachy
youtube.com/watch?v=QlRyRkmQv70
youtube.com/watch?v=wfyEUYA-hZE
egee.io/
discordapp.com/invite/tVyBHAU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Apparently July according to some dude at Tom's Hardware

>Hurr durr where is my yearly 4% increase in performance for twice the price of the old model
>GIB NAO REEEEEEE

Attached: 1526201927631-b.jpg (570x587, 43K)

I have an oculus and am looking to upgrade from the 1060 3gb

Whats wrong with looking for the next gen card?

I don't think Volta is going to benefit gamers very much. IIRC it's mostly just a little more compute.

Thank you. Should I even bother with upgrading?

VR is pretty addictive as tool and a toy and kinda would like to see everything cracked up to max at some point. Should I buy a 1080ti instead?

In which case I still would get screwed if they release the 1180 closely after I purchase the 1080ti.

Novidia has been giving 30% gains every year so far. We arent talking cpus here

I have never looked into VR so I don't know what to recommend, but buying a GPU right now really seems like a bad idea with prices as they are.

should have been quads

In my opinion it's a waste of money to upgrade so soon, you would be wasting money since the "improvements" will be minimal (2-8 more frames) but it's your choice m8

you could buy an EVGA card now, and if they come out with an 1180 in the next 90 days you can use their step up program. if not you'd have a 1080ti or whatever you get and it'll be fine. i just bought one last night, 1080ti sc2.

I want to be a retard. Is ok? thanks

>I don't think Volta is going to benefit gamers very much. IIRC it's mostly just a little more compute.

Got any evidence to backup those claims ?

Because the only info we have currently says that the 1170 will fall between the 1080 and 1080TI in performance
and the 1180 beating out Titan XP by a wide margin

If this kind of trend continues, we can expect the future 1160 is fall between 1070 and 1080 performance
and the 1050 likely close behind the 1070

>In which case I still would get screwed if they release the 1180 closely after I purchase the 1080ti.

The expected release is July/very soon

Allegedly the the 1170's MSRP is $499 and the 1180's is $699

Seeing how there are only 3 1080ti's under $800 on PCpartpicker , while the average price seems to be closer to $~900

The question really becomes, do you think you will be able to find a retailer who will have the 1180 in stock, because they will roughly be the same price as what you are thinking of spending at the moment.

Attached: terminatorgiphy.gif (300x227, 1.01M)

I figured it as much. Which is why I was hoping to see what the specs are for the next gen gpu cards.

For Nvidia it's usually 20-25% increase from gem to gen, so I wouldn't say upgrading from a 1060 to an 1180 would be less than a 30% increase in performance.

In VR any increase is welcomed, considering how much rendering needs to be done and even small slowdowns can cause motion sickness.

I'm not saying I have cash to throw around, but I am willing to save for it.

well, once I know I figure I can get my preorder in asap before the risk of price hikes due to the market demand kicks in.

Also, if I know it's going to be released I can sell my current 1060 for a decent return since prices have been so inflated and use my old 780gtx until release.

From a 1060 to 1080 is 100 %. 1180 should be around 150 %.

Wow. Thanks for the correction. Now I'm really psyched.

Man. That would be nice. Getting a full details max settings in VR without worrying about motion sickness would be nice.

I'm going to need to build a new PC.

Just take a look at Anandtech's Titan V review.

anandtech.com/show/12170/nvidia-titan-v-preview-titanomachy

Primarily the gains are in heavy compute workloads. Most games see only slight fps improvements, and in this case I would put most of the difference on the increased memory bandwidth, which means if the 1180 ships with GDDR6 and can't achieve the same bandwidth as the HBM2 on the Titan V the difference will be even smaller.

I'm still using a gtx 760. Only reason I'd ever upgrade is for better directx support

Question, how does heavy compute workloads affect VR. Since they're rendering the same scene twice would that fall under the compute aspect of the gpu?

In other words, since I'm not rendering at 4k and at 144 fps, instead I'm looking for something that can render just above 1080 at 90fps, but needs to do it twice for each scene is that a compute issue that is different?

Yea, this upgrade would be for improved performance for my Oculus. Want to have more bells and whistles and not have to worry about motion sickness.

It depends on the game and the engine used and the developers. Some games make use of GPU compute, some don't. The compute gains with Volta are mostly a result of tensor cores and the inclusion of fast double- and half-precision math. In terms of actual singe precision compute they went from 12.1 TFLOPs to 13.8 TFLOPs, which isn't nothing but it's not exactly revolutionary.

You think they will put half precision or tensor cores on the 1180? I feel they might as a gimmick to justify the price bump and to try to argue for some amazeball features that aren't in pascal. I see it as a con though given all their other past useless frameworks that never go anywhere and given how they have locked out the capture card functionality found in all their pascal GPUs. They gimp shit to much and nigger pricing too often for me to be excited about this.

Thats nothing what you can't get right now. It will be slightly faster than the 1080 Ti, but at a heavy price.

They won't include the tensor cores. GV100 is nearly twice the size of the 1080 Ti die which is why the Titan V is so expensive. There's a chance they'll include the FP64/FP16 hardware though. Even if they do, the 1180 will be another incremental upgrade, you won't get double the performance or more, like some people are suggesting.

Yep, Nvidia's next generation GPU is geared about general compute.

They are probably going to throw in more blocks on their SKUs since they already tapped out clockspeed out of 14nm with Pascal.

It will be around 20-25% faster due to having more blocks rather then clockspeed.

1180/2080 will probably yield near 1080Ti performance with less power consumption while 1180Ti/2080Ti will be ~95% of the Titan V.
1160/2060 will be near 1080/1070Ti for less $$$/power consumption.

1180 Ti, like last generation, will probably be GV102, which means it will lose the tensor cores for sure and probably some of the compute of the Titan V, and it will likely have less/different VRAM for segmentation reasons. In terms of gaming performance a 5% difference is probably about right, compute will be higher. But the 1180 Ti also will not be available at release if Nvidia follows their normal release schedule.

Well that settles and affirms my choice for buying another Pascal card vs this overpriced bullshit + waiting for it and all the stress involved.
All of their cards are setup for general compute via cuda units. The 'compute' features they keep taking on are gimmicks. Everyone confirmed there are no tensor cores likely so I have no clue what you mean about the 1180 being geared towards compute. It literally has nothing the current Pascal line has beyond some lame ass paper feature. Given how nigger they got w/ banning these cards in the data center and even more segmentation of the line, its doubtful any feature present wont be niggered to shit. The cards are already too pricey. $500 was near my limit. Fucking half the price of the build. No way in fuck I'm paying $700-$1000 for a goddamn vidya that hangs off a fucking PCI 3.0 bus.

july

This isnt CPUs we are talking about

Fast FP16/FP64 isn't exactly a gimmick, but I only know of one or two games that actually make good use of it, so for a VR build it probably isn't going to mean anything.

>1150 will be close behind the 1070
this is what I am waiting for, I will build another gaming pc if that happens otherwise I will just keep using my laptop

youtube.com/watch?v=QlRyRkmQv70
RADEONCUKS ON SUICIDE WATcH

>Cape Verde
>relevant in 2018

If you think an HD7770 (a GCN card that can play GTA V on medium settings) is "too old" for gaming, you are an id!ot. I've done lots of AMD benchmarks on this channel and I have no intention on revisiting them.

Man I wish Ayymd releases non-shit gpu soon so that we have competition again.

I still have an HD 6790, in use. That doesn't change the fact that bringing up benchmarks for an entry-tier card that's four generations old is stupid.

See my video youtube.com/watch?v=wfyEUYA-hZE

> he makes benchmark videos for old hardware
get a life cunt

If you think an OpenGL 4.5 card is irrelevant, you're filth. Educate yourself.

>le autism statistics spouted about an old gpu that is all but redundant.

mate, honestly, get out more.

>advertising your own videos on Jow Forums
>>>/global/rules/11

How much is AMD paying you?
The facts are clear, AMD hasn't put out good tech since they were a second source for Intel. I contribute more in sleep to the industry than you'll ever be worth for your entire life.
If you'll stop being a fascist pig, maybe we can talk this over on my discord.
egee.io/
discordapp.com/invite/tVyBHAU

I'm still on a 770. Don't ask me why, just give me my yearly 4% increase.

Yeah, Nvidia's driver support is great on modern distros with Wayland, except it's terrible because they refuse to use the standard rendering API and instead demand the entire community create a new API just for them.

I suggest you take your fanboyism out the door. This a serious tech forum, not your third-rate anti-NN AMD fan club.

Will the 1170 be far more powerful than a 1080? And the prices will be +-500-600?

yes, dont know till release

...says the rabid Nvidia fanboy...

I had one of those till 2016
Just go get a 1080

Check my channel for my Discord, then you can stop being such a coward.

Do you think will be worth to get that one cooler founders edition vga or wait for a two-three coolers evga / gigabyte ones? Which one will be more cheaper?

>pricing
we wont know till it actually releases

>1060 3gb
Why even bother? You'll fall for another meme gpu anyways.