Antivirus Software

What Antivirus does Jow Forums use and why is it better?

Attached: avira-profile-image.png (565x565, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tenable.com/blog/microsoft-defends-windows-defender-from-remote-code-execution-cve-2018-0986
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ClamAV. Install Gentoo.

My face is the only protection I need

If I wanted to have a useless computer I would just get a brick, would still be better than Gentoo.
>Gentoo fags GTFO

dont be a nigger by downloading legally

None
Because common sense > *

Attached: 2914.gif (370x335, 593K)

Is this safe though?
I got the "always got to have antivirus" instilled in me by someone when I was a kid and got my first computer and 15 years later still do the same, out of habit.

Meh, Defender is built right in and you can always get MBAM

It is safe, if you dont fuck around and download all kind of shit you dont know. If common sense does not work, get Webroot SecureAnywhere or a Linux distro, just not Ubuntu

nod32

Defender is a thing but i also nuke it.

Common sense with firewall + custom rules to only allow the programs you use is enough, maybe install MBAM as the user above said but disable all the real-time protection stuff and do manual weekly/monthly scans just in case. I still get nothing but "0 threats" with mbam scans even though i pirate all my shit including gaymes.

>virus software
Fixed it.

I use avast with real time protection by habit. it also keeps me from tuning into a paranoid patty
>INB4 Botnet
i have turned data collection off and if it is found out that there spying on me i can get a big payout

Attached: 1524791055832.png (377x326, 8K)

Common sense

This but the better version.

used avast for years but its fuckin adware itself.
switched to the much simpler bitdefender

Attached: common_sense__the_best_av_by_spritanium.png (811x986, 531K)

AVG free

None. You should even disable Windows Defender in group policy.

Anything scanning all incoming files and traffic with ring 0 access is going to fuck you over more often than save you. Even Defender was hit by this tenable.com/blog/microsoft-defends-windows-defender-from-remote-code-execution-cve-2018-0986

Where can I download this

nod32 with a trial key til 2027

i'm on Macintosh, never even thought of using antivirus

Malwarebytes on request for scan and Comodo for normie HIPS/Firewall

Microsoft security essentials

Common Sense is shitty malware protection.
It only protects against malware targeted towards careless or inexperienced computer users.

There are professional hackers out there who seek out security holes in trusted software and exploit them as a means of making money; no matter how good your install of Common Sense is you're not going to see it coming when a hacker finds a backdoor in trusted software and uses it to install malware.

As long as you don't have good antivirus software installed, you're at risk of something you have installed (or something you will install) being compromised and giving you malware. It's rare, but common enough to have a good chance of happening in the lifetime of an unprotected computer, and unprotected computers serve as hosts which accelerate the spread of the malware.

softpedia

/thread

KEK

>Microsoft security essentials
am using the same

Attached: 159663.png (720x711, 442K)

(OP)
Thor Antivirus for mac. It was $10. I'm poor, but not so poor I can't afford that. Never found a damn thing because mac. I have it just in case. I've read mac's are easier to hack than windows, but no one bothers because not enough people use them to make it worth it. So doesn't hurt to have something.

Kaspersky for my htpc/gaming pc. Family member offered to split the cost $15 or $20. For a few years, it was worth it. It found one or two things, but nothing major. If you use a PC and don't get good virus software, you're a fucking idiot. Don't fall for the common sense meme. Are people still gullible enough on Jow Forums to still believe that? Don't answer...of course they are. Like Windows is SO fucking amazingly secure. It's a piece of shit. The OS is only worth watching pirate movies and gaming on (when I'm not using ps4). And it's barely with it considering how much effort went into shutting down as much of the botnet as I could...which it undoes after every update.

Thor Antivirus for mac. It was $10. I'm poor, but not so poor I can't afford that. Never found a damn thing because mac. I have it just in case. I've read mac's are easier to hack than windows, but no one bothers because not enough people use them to make it worth it. So doesn't hurt to have something.

Kaspersky for my htpc/gaming pc. Family member offered to split the cost $15 or $20. For a few years, it was worth it. It found one or two things, but nothing major. If you use a PC and don't get good virus software, you're a fucking idiot. Don't fall for the common sense meme. Are people still gullible enough on Jow Forums to still believe that? Don't answer...of course they are. Like Windows is SO fucking amazingly secure. It's a piece of shit. The OS is only worth watching pirate movies and gaming on (when I'm not using ps4). And it's barely with it considering how much effort went into shutting down as much of the botnet as I could...which it undoes after every update.

Well made viruses are going to be undetectable whether you have "good" antivirus or not.

how am i going to get a virus if i use common senseā„¢? i've had none for years, as long as i don't go to an untrusty site then somehow download virus.exe THEN run virus.exe. using an antivirus seems like a silly botnet and bloated placebo for anyone who's not a grandpa

Attached: ULdwMZB.jpg (1094x1341, 257K)

Print pictures of every AV currently out. Tape them to the wall.... Take a shit, chuck it at the wall, whichever one the shit lands on use it.

For adults, common sense and if you absolutely must, Defender does everything you need integrated into window$

Most AV's are reactive anyways and nearly all of them are the same under the hood. It depends on what facy (Shitty) bells and whistles you want attached now a days. That's why AV companies keep adding crap and bloatware to their packages so they stand out.

An antivirus is useful, but having one running as a service monitoring your system 24/7 can be a security threat. The alternative is to scan, e.g., your downloads and your 1999 warez CD-Rs on demands. Besides an installed AV, you can use VirusTotal for this.

ClamAV

AVs have been obsolete for several years now.

/thread