AMD Ryzen 2600 vs Core I5 8400 tested

The absolute madmen at techspot tested ryzen with faster ram, beats the 8400 badly in every single test.

techspot.com/review/1627-core-i5-8400-vs-ryzen-5-2600/

Attached: WD2.png (1338x1181, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q2SIrV_4-dM#t=8m55s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm actually pretty much an AMDrone but comparing overclocked Ryzen with much faster RAM to stock i5-8400 is pretty odd.

Why wasn't the 8400 tested with faster ram too? How come it has the slowest ram if the benchmark?

>games
>as a cpu benchmark

Attached: 1506958178630.jpg (921x606, 43K)

>Ryzen with much faster RAM to stock i5-8400 is pretty odd.
How about complaining about intel doesn't support overclocking

Indians only buy intel

At stock clocks, the Intel work slower ram is still performing better...

Did they also compare application launch times if they gave Ryzen a SSD and Intel a hard drive?
If not they should do that.

No one cares, AMD can overclock and by default is faster, more efficient, and the better value buy

Wow it's fucking nothing.

Attached: 1510045701630.png (1335x1421, 199K)

Stock i5 - 8400 ?
The 8400 can only be run stock since it can't be offically overclock... did you forget that ?

Hence the reason why i side with AMD more, but still that RAM difference in the test doesn't make that much sense.

>just take away those overclocking results goyim, they don't matter, overclocking doesn't matter

RAM speed makes very little difference with Intel processors. The only reason it makes a difference with AMD processors is because the RAM clock speed determines the clock speed for the interposer that ties the core complexes together.

Intel shills forget convenient little facts like that
seems to have forgotten that AMD can overclock

>b-b-b-but muh overclocking!!!
>specifically buys model that can't overclock
Fuck off retard.

Attached: 1505539399889.png (750x707, 84K)

For a second i actually did but my point about RAM speed still stands.
So they're in pretty much same pricepool and the other one can be overclocked easily to beat the other one? Yeah, AMD won that round.

This, using better ram on intel is boarderline placebo in gaymen, amds latency means that amd gets performance boosts out of better ram

Every intel cpu that overclocks is more expansive and much more of a housefire, stop crying

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: culture.gif (257x189, 1.72M)

Why do you just lie about everything?

Attached: 8400 power.png (712x1441, 165K)

>TFW 8400 can't into fast RAM on non-Z chipsets

cry

Attached: Witcher.png (1338x1181, 69K)

LOL intel loses in arma, intel shills on literal suicide watch

Attached: ARMA.png (1338x1181, 67K)

>Slightly more expensive AMD CPU with no igpu trades blows with slightly cheaper Intel CPU with iGPU
I am crying user, but out of pity for you for being a basement dwelling neet fanboy.

But the Intel is performing just slightly better in your image?

>4.2GHz hex-core beats a 2.8GHz hex-core in some benchmarks
As a frequent AMD shill and a Ryzen owner, this is literally nothing.

How faster is the 2600X against the 2600 OC'ed to 4.2 Ghz?

Its actually a 3.8 GHz hex-core without HT. But still got shilled as the better "gaming" CPU.

The difference is about 10 FPS to a 8700K, delidded at 5 GHz or more. For me I don't give a fuck, I play 4K, I'll be testing PUBG shortly with my new Bdie RAM and 2700X.

Depends on the task, it'll probably hit 4.05 or 4.1 in multithreaded shit and turbo up to 4.25 on lightly threaded shit. With PB2 bios settings it can boost higher, though.

Is pubg worth it? How well optimised is it? Can an r9 fury run it at 4k at high settings instead of ultra?
I don't need AA.

There's nobody in the world playing watch dog 2

PUBG is legitimately chock full of chinese hackers and advertisements. The devs wont do anything about it regardless of how much money the game has made.

They also frequently have upped the price to $60 on Steam during sales to make "half off" a game which is normally $30 a good deal.

Dont support those shady cunts, dont join that faggot game. Even if Fortnite is supported by payed cosmetic items, it's free to play and just a better game.

>But the Intel is performing just slightly better in your image?
Red is the AMD chip sweatie ;)

Looks like fortnite it is then.
Cheers user

Attached: terroristswin_c_7219146.jpg (500x670, 128K)

>Is pubg worth it?
christ no i have a 2700x at 4ghz+ boost and a oc 1080 the game still runs and stutters like shit.

Hitcode is shite the underlying game is decent when it works which is rare

720p?
Why do you need more than 480p?
240p is ALL you need.
1080p is such a fucking meme and stop forcing it on people here with your shitty AMD gaming/multi-task efficient processors you shills.
An i5 8400 is all you need for a budget gaming PC that gets the best frame rate for the money.
/thread faggots.

[ubg runs like dog shit. even worse than arma 2 for optimizatioin

He didn't even test with the cpu itself overclocked. The 2600 with a cheap $20 air cooler could overclock the cores to 4-4.1ghz fairly easily as well.

Ram speed helps the locked Intel cpus quite a bit since they often become core limited, especially in synthetic tests like 720p with a 1080ti. Ryzen benefits from many different aspects of faster ram, one is proving the IF frequency to reduce latency between ccx's, another is reducing memory latency since Ryzen is fairly latent, then of course there's the bandwidth gains, plus faster ram reduces cache latency as well.

>he didn't even actually overclock the cpu
I fucked up, just went to go read the article and realized he did oc to 4.2ghz as well as oc the ram. My bad.

It's dumb that they didn't test with faster ram on the intel chip too. Wow the AMD chip is faster when you spend $100 more on ram! Such value!
And when you don't they're about the same but you get OC and more cores.

They already have tests with the 8400 running faster ram from when only Z370 boards were available. Also, b-die is only ~$50 more than the cheapest 2666 memory kit.

hang on a minute intlel sells chips that can't overclock???

>gayming cpu benchmarks

Attached: 1413857155816.jpg (320x323, 8K)

/thread

Fuck this shit, who cares aside from brainlets

>bbut muh overclock
>so what just buy a more expensive mobo and ram
>GayyMDrones are gasping at the last straw

Just admit it, Ryzen is shit. I've had fucking enough with fx bullshit, my next system will be intel-based.
I just want a CPU that works, without
>just buyingâ„¢ an
"""enthusiast""" tier mboard+ram+cooler (muh spectre/spire is utter shit, don't even try to deny it, ayymdrones) and pray that the crystal is not shit so i won't get cucked @ 4ghz

In the end you "save" some money by buying an inferior CPU and then pay even more for ""enthusiast" shit. And after that you (maybe) get a performance that is comparable with Intel CPUs.
How fucking stupid is that?

If you want to shell out money and overclock shit to reach top performance, just buy i7 8700k and no GayyMD so-called CPU will come even close.

If you want stable, reliable performance, without BSODs, without compatibility issues, without shit drivers and support @ respectable mid-tier - just buy an i5 8400.

Didn't we go over this?
8400 with a z370 board which for a long time where the only options let you overclock the RAM just fine. Granted you can over clock ryzen 2600 with just a B350 and the difference in motherboard costs is around 30 euros.
But if you consider that faster RAM, which is very pricey also costs a lot....
I still don't get why they didn't review at the same ram speeds but attach (for this faster RAM intel has to pay more)
That way we still get to see stock comparisons, comparisons at equal RAM speeds (while being informed about the motherboard price) and finally 2600 with overclock and faster RAM, vs stock 8400 with equally fast RAM.
This would give the best and most comprehensive comparison.

As it stands, these test results somewhat imply that you already have a high performance RAM and/or the price of RAM is not an issue. But then why not apply the same logic to the motherboards?

Again as it stands it's weird comparison.
You don't know if the 2600 at same RAM speeds but overclocked to 4.2 for instance beats the 8400 or not.

??? Have you been born just today? Every Core series CPU that doesn't have a "K" after the model number is OC locked. It can only be very slightly(like 100MHz tops) OC'd through bclk but since it clocks everything in the system, it's generally not done as it makes stuff unstable.

How fast is the 8400 @ 4.2ghz with faster RAM?

>It's supposed to be slow!

Attached: 1526218033123.png (268x523, 60K)

oh yes, tell me more about poozen performance in relevant applications outside of gaming.
And, while you at it, try to explain why there's virtually no AMD-based desktop PCs in corporate environment And why the market share of AMD is so low, if Ryzens are sooo good..
Gaymers aren't buying ayymd, corporate clients aren't buying ayymd. Who does?
Sometimes I think that main (and only) ayymd target group is just egdy Jow Forumseeks and conspiratards, who want to "fite against ze ebul corporate j00s" (as if AyyMD is a charity organization). Meanwhile normal people are just buying Intel and enjoying their lives, while being productive at work.

>8400 @ 4.2ghz
Can't be done
>with faster ram
Good question

I don't think you understand the concept of OC locked CPU

>reach top performance, just buy i7 8700k
>not considering the 7900X-7980XE range
HEDTlet detected

>virtually no AMD-based desktop PCs in corporate
Because most of them are still Sandy Bridge-Haswell era systems

Yup, result of the nearly non-existent improvements between intel's generations. But once they think of upgrading, some will certainly go Zen way

you can't overcock a 8400.
so it's fair.

How's that 8400 treating you? Enjoying your pseudo pcie lanes?

0%

>buying a 7980XE in the summer?

wtf are you thinking?

Intel shills don't talk about HEDT because threadripper is the superior platform when on the high end of the platform.

it's a shame that nu-Jow Forums can't see a difference between a good benchmark and a shit one.
- the ram kit they used costs more than cpu itself ($240)
- the mobo used for ryzen build is $300 compared to $100 b360
- overclocking 2600 to 4.2ghz requires a good cooler. no, the stock wraith stealth is not enough; it's not even enough for stock 2600x (cpu throttles in blender)
- you won't get the same ram performance like they got on your average b350/b450 motherboard (you'd be lucky if it even fucking boots with it). nor the same cpu overclock (if your vrms dont explode)
overall they compared a $440 build vs $770 build. what a surprise the second one is better. at this price point it would make more sense to compare it to OC 8600k which would absolutely crush it in gaming.
also you can get a z370 mobo for like $10 than their b360 pick. this benchmark really suffers from lack of 3200mhz ram results for 8400, as well as ryzen results with b450 and cheap 3200mhz ram.
>inb4 s-s-shut up s-s-shill
>when i own 1600x

first and last are officially supported
the 8400 could probably also run faster, not sure why they didn't include its RAM frequency scaling along with the Ryzens

Pfff!!!

I know it's not the same chips but you get the idea.

Attached: Google_Translate_-_2018-05-16_22.15.56.png (674x572, 47K)

I'd make more sense to get a 2700 at this point. Getting a 2600 and overclocking it and getting a decent cooler, expensive board and ram, you could get the same results without even overclocking with the 2600/x, maybe not in gaming tho.

Pfff!

Attached: kek.jpg (4008x1212, 460K)

>Intel shills get confused when you can overclock on motherboards that aren't in the top chipset tier

They also forget the cheaper Ryzen boards can also overclock.

NOOO MY FAVELA POORFAG 6 THREAD CPU

Attached: 1502488836418.jpg (267x297, 24K)

>locked 8400
>IT'S A FEATURE
Blame Intel for being greedy piece of shit kike jews.

>1080p
>8400 113 fps
>2600 114 fps
DELID DIS YOU STUPID GOY

>not 144p

Intel does not benefit from ram till after their cpus hit a bottleneck somewhere around the 4.5 range where ram latency matters amore then speed.

If you aren't hitting those clocks consistently, which the intel is shy of, better ram is useless.

>with faster RAM
Isn't the 8400 limited to 2666 unless you buy some fancy mobo?

When will they learn

Why wasn't the 8400 using faster ram?

Attached: 4500-17-18-18-2T.jpg (1170x882, 316K)

Scale up 3x what is shown in the video + add separate vrm block and you'll get the 5ghz on that too. Replace the IHS with a full copper one or even better go bare die
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2SIrV_4-dM#t=8m55s

because then you'll need mobo double the price of the one they used, and also intel doesn't benefit from it (no infinity fabric)

Pretty much

>also intel doesn't benefit from it

You heard it here first lads - Intel doesn't benefit from faster ram so everyone should be buying 2133mhz JEDEC ram.

if they bought faster ram, and the needed motherboard, intel build would be almost 2x the cost of amd one, and it wouldn't be a fair comparison, AND THE BEST THING IS - it still wouldn't make more than 1-2 fps difference

Why aren't the results shown next to total cost?

you can use this as a reference

1080p gaming doesn't matter

720p gaming doesn't matter
480p gaming is okay-ish
240p gaming is good
144p gaming is best