How does it feel knowing if you aren't programming in C (Ultimate systems language)...

How does it feel knowing if you aren't programming in C (Ultimate systems language), Forth (Ultimate low level language), or Lisp (Ultimate High Level Language) then you are using broken, ill-designed crap that was probably designed from toilet paper Oracle wiped it's ass with?

Attached: 167453.jpg (3840x2160, 467K)

But I'm using C++ and Scheme user, as god intended.

C is absolute garbage. I've been using it for 10 years. C is a billion dollar mistake. It's not just ill-designed, it's not designed at all.

I'm not some retarded code monkey or sad sack of shit working from 8 to 5.
I use C daily for my own projects.

>Lisp
>ultimate high level language
Lisp disappeared entirely up its own asshole when it fell behind on offering open source libraries compared to things like Java and Python.

It'd be cool if stack machines made a comeback. Forth is surprisingly intuitive once you get used to the postfix notation, and extremely close to the metal.

Besides that slim chance I really don't know what could ever hope to replace C. And I mean honestly, C is so deeply entrenched in computing that a language shift would almost require a comparative shift in computer architecture.

Forth is alright, but it can't be optimized well precisely due to it being stack oriented. Registers turned out faster.

The whole modus operandii of lisp has become rolling your own solutions and libraries because the language makes boundless abstraction extremely easy to do.

Which is why it's the ultimate high level language, it didn't fall behind because of technical inferiority. Developing in Common Lisp gives you literally the most introspection of any language while the code is running, and speed rivaling both Java and Python.

So do it. Plugging Python or Java libraries together will get the job done in a tenth of the time in most cases.

C Unix dev here.
Also like to Guile-scheme(lisp) it up with Guix and seperate Lua userspace.

OP is correct.

>C
C is for Casuals
Try programming in something fun like befunge

t.NEET

>C (Ultimate systems language)
>Forth (Ultimate low level language)
totally unsafe POS
>Lisp (Ultimate High Level Language)
GC, badly compilable
>then you are using broken, ill-designed crap
Writing my own language in few years complete with OS and programs I need.

C stopped being a portable assembler decades ago. We need a different language to reflect the actual workings of current hardware.

trying to specialize yourself on 'good languages' is utterly retarded
someone with trendy javascript frameworks will get the sepples job instead and just crosstrain for a few weeks before producing pajeet puke onto theircode base 150k starting

Attached: .png (1300x1818, 3.42M)

I either use C for main and write the rest of the program in Fortran or write it all in Fortran

>Lisp
>treating data like garbage
Do you know what makes EU different from 3rd world? They do not treat used things like garbage.

Noice

>yeah man just fuck computer science and PLT it's all about money and "next big thing" web frameworks

Why do you still use Fortran? Numerical calc?

>Why do you still use Fortran? Numerical calc?
It was my first language, most programs I write are for number crunching. I don't write anything where Fortran makes a big difference but I know it so why not use it?

I use C for mem management and shit that requires low level system calls. Otherwise if I wanted something that works I'd go with python or AutoIt (equivalence of python for windoze). Best part is I can export my C functions to use them when I feel like it on the other 2 :^)

But I'm going to learn Scheme user.
Plus C is my go-to language since ever

>not programming in COBOL
>aka the only language that everyone can understand