Why do you keep updating your pc when cpus from 2007 are still entirely capable of doing many intensive tasks

why do you keep updating your pc when cpus from 2007 are still entirely capable of doing many intensive tasks

Attached: Capture.png (556x488, 347K)

this nigga thinks processor frequency equates processing speed

No virtualization

To mine crypto currency so I can blow it all on weed

Stop saying nigga everyone knows Jow Forums is 100% white people nigga

a mexican once called me a nigger so don't tell me about who I can and cannot call a nigger.

The only negro one has to face in life is oneself. Accept it and keep updating that PC, boi.

>To mine crypto currency so I can blow it all on weed
All 5 bucks a week, huh

because people create desktop apps in javascript now
we need faster CPUs because programmers become increasingly incompetent
this leads to slower applications

I get by just fine with a laptop from 2003.

Because people like owning backdoored hardware if it means they can play vidya.

nah mate programmers are fine these people just do infinite if statements.

The motherboards only last 3 or 4 years these days. Plus video editing and newer games.

I finally stopped. After escaping the cycle, I'm able to see that it's a jewish trick and needless consumerism. What really changed my mind, though, was the fact that modern hardware is all backdoored. So, whether I'm going to get myself a librebooted ThinkPad or something new like the Talos II, it makes the most sense to save my money for now and stop funding the harmful practices of Intel and AMD.

Don't use shit programs. I don't mean this in the way that I'm insulting the programs you use to make you feel bad, but think of it like how you "vote with your dollar" by buying things you want to support, except instead of money it's your time and shits to give. If you don't like Discord or Slack, use IRC or Matrix. Even better if you learn to program and make your own decent alternatives, or contribute to something like Matrix that still needs a lot of work.

To fund technological advancement. I am rich enough to invest this little in the future of humanity.

DUDE WEED LMAO

My cpu and motherboard are ASUS P8P67 Pro
with an Intel I7 2600k and a Nvidia 750? something I dunno but all of that absolutely still smashes every game with all the detail options at full and well it's 7 year old technology now I doubt I will upgarde anyof it for another 5 years or so

Attached: teen_girls_vaping_hipster_1024.jpg (1024x415, 132K)

No it fucking doesn't you brainlet. You play very undemanding gaymes at 60fps tops (with drops most likely). If you wanted to play any competitive gayme at 120+ fps your shitty rig would choke and not even come close. I'm not even going to get started on AAA shit because those are not worth playing in first place.

>If you wanted to play any competitive gayme at 120+ fps
Why would I? It's more of a job than a game.

Because some people enjoy that. I know it is hard to believe that not everyone has the same preferences and needs as you, but that's the reality. It's just how world works.
I know it's hard to grasp for people on spectrum but try to do your best.

wrong nigga !
You have been memed by so many advertisers its like youve become a madvert for them

And your parents were memed by not taking abortion. I feel bad for them, falling for memes.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

>that 14 year old boomer who speaks in memes, ironically shitposts and responds with pastas

Attached: 1526628649164.png (381x353, 32K)

Because old CPUs are full of vulnerabilities. New ones are too but at least those are patched. The only old machines I use are Thinkpads and Thinkcentres because Lenovo actually keeps them up to date for some reason.

But I don't

With the addition of an SSD, anything with 2 or more cores is still perfectly capable of doing basic computing. E.g email, facebook, jewtube. I have a server board with 2 x Xeon X5450’s that gets about 650 on cinebench multithreaded .

Attached: E06B97C6-C5CF-4C8B-828B-8D2FF0CC365D.jpg (600x450, 112K)

pic related, it's your mom

Attached: pig-looking-over-wooden-fencing.jpg (2000x1333, 206K)

So, I should upgrade my PC because there exist people who enjoy playing games that I don't?

>2007
>Phenom 9600
I was already faster than most people back then. But today this CPU barely handles anything except running browser videos.

Because unlike 99% of people I need my CPU to be fast for work. That said, I've assessed my needs and my Ryzen 7 will do me just fine for the next 3 years.