/cyb/ + /sec/ - Cybersecurity and Information Security General

Cypherpunk Manifesto >>activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html

◘ Cyberpunk Manifesto >>project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html

∆ Hacker Manifesto >>phrack.org/issues/7/3.html

± Guerilla Open Access Manifesto >>archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt

▓ Fables, realities, prophecies and mythology of a community:

░ What is cyberpunk >>pastebin.com/hHN5cBXB

▀ The importance of a cyberpunk mindset applied to a cybersecurity skillset.: >youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk

● Cyberpunk directory: >pastebin.com/VAWNxkxH

▬ Cyberpunk resources >pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx

▐ Cybersecurity essentials/resources

>pastebin.com/SCUbhpjP
>pastebin.com/VTXRAPxM

Cntrl + F Basic Knowledges, Basic Training, Arms/Arm >pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX

▼ Endware: Heavy armor for anons, by anons >>endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html

⦿ Shit just got real: >pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0

S archive: textfiles.com

Cybersecurity essentials/resources:
Reference books:
>mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw
>PASSWORD : ABD52oM8T1fghmY0

ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/

Last threads:

Attached: image.png (960x540, 1.57M)

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptome.org/2018/01/sterling-you-should-have-readme.htm
groups.google.com/d/topic/alt.cyberpunk/uZTmhaIrFiM/discussion
activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html
unv.is/theverge.com/2018/5/17/17344250/google-x-selfish-ledger-video-data-privacy
youtube.com/watch?v=EoBAIQjWoUQ
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/cyb/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/sec/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//
youtube.com/watch?v=fSvFzz9R9vo
youtu.be/4DKrcpa8Z_E
krebsonsecurity.com/2018/05/tracking-firm-locationsmart-leaked-location-data-for-customers-of-all-major-u-s-mobile-carriers-in-real-time-via-its-web-site/
blog.data.world/how-a-nj-journalist-used-twitter-data-to-improve-her-commute-ab3c117df628
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thanks for starting this, the last thread ended too early.

Oh, any thoughts about adding Pixiefuel's manifesto?

Worth reading, /cyb/ and /sec/:

>Bruce Sterling: YOU SHOULD HAVE README
cryptome.org/2018/01/sterling-you-should-have-readme.htm
>*Dear nettimers: I have the warmest and kindliest feelings about Geert's remarks [copy below] and about the list itself, which is lively lately. On mature consideration, I feel that I have to extensively annotate this Lovink post .

do you have a link?
the only mention I've found was some usenet post from '98

It is found on Usenet News, yes. And it is found in an original and an updated version.

>A Re-Worded, Even Better Manifesto by PixieFuel
groups.google.com/d/topic/alt.cyberpunk/uZTmhaIrFiM/discussion

>Cypherpunk Manifesto >>activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html
Is there any activities here? And Eric Hughes appear to have disappeared from the face of the Earth.

How are firmware explots used? What form do they usually take? Does someone juat send a crafted data packet with some code which causes memory overflows and owns the machine's firmware/drivers?

Attached: 1525961686284.jpg (1469x1102, 320K)

Look up BadBIOS - it seems other channels such as acoustics can be sufficient.

We have lost control of the internet. Companies are farming our data, our very lives. They read our email, data mine our lives to advertise to us or watch us in case we endanger their control.

We have lost.
We have given ourselves over to sloth, sitting on our asses watching movies and netflix shows while they take control of everything.

Not all is lost forever. I dumped the TV and saved a lot of time. Life is a lot better too and gives me time to write rather than just consume.

>We
>our
some people didn't get bit cause they weren't young/retarded.

>Cypherpunk Manifesto

Attached: 0XwU7wV.jpg (605x764, 62K)

firmware (and embedded systems in general) don't differ that much from regular systems - in fact, they usually even run some *NIX.
So the usual vectors are buffer overflows, extended by forgotten debug interfaces, weak updating mechanisms, misconfigured services, ...

=== /sec/+/cyb/+/dystopian/ News:
>A video produced within Google and obtained offers a stunningly ambitious and unsettling look at how some at the company envision using that information in the future.
unv.is/theverge.com/2018/5/17/17344250/google-x-selfish-ledger-video-data-privacy
>The video was made in late 2016 by Nick Foster, the head of design at X (formerly Google X), and a co-founder of the Near Future Laboratory. The video, shared internally within Google, imagines a future of total data collection, where Google helps nudge users into alignment with their goals, custom-prints personalized devices to collect more data, and even guides the behavior of entire populations to solve global problems like poverty and disease.

TOTAL DATA COLLECTION

WHERE GOOGLE NUDGE USERS INTO ALIGNMENT WITH THEIR GOALS

CUSTOM-PRINTS PERSONALIZED DEVICES TO COLLECT MORE DATA

EVEN GUIDES THE BEHAVIOR OF ENTIRE POPULATIONS

Disturbing stuff. Seems Google has kissed goodbye to "don't be evil" forever.

Google has gone too far. The original page from The Verge has the leaked video, I invite everyone to see it. Also here is a video about the whole thing youtube.com/watch?v=EoBAIQjWoUQ

>This company is being super evil
>Go to this company's same website and look at how evil they're being.

OP, you might want to provide archive links in the starting post to past threads as we used to have:
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/cyb/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/sec/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//

>what is captcha
As much as I agree with you the amount of invasion to the whole web Google pervade is far too reaching. But yes, we need alternatives for every totalitarian spyware website Google is in. And ultimately, a whole new web, pic related.

Attached: mesh10.png (1240x1754, 1.19M)

Method-2, The Biggest Robot In The World youtube.com/watch?v=fSvFzz9R9vo

That is hard to do without fragmenting the net into numerous disconnected islands.

>numerous disconnected islands
Those can be connected with a VPN tunnel over the internet, if necessary.

Attached: Mesh_designv1.png (888x631, 153K)

What part? Because we have DNS and other protocols for mesh networks now.

It's mostly just shit because of the extreme routing overhead. It should be as stable or more stable than current net, assuming it doesn't murder itself.

Actually peernet is a VPN that can connect to other nodes automagically. I wonder if gternet will ever use this.

Hi google.

>Those can be connected with a VPN tunnel over the internet
... at which point the mesh network will be compromised.

>peernet is a VPN that can connect to other nodes automagically
The project is really open to this. Right now it's OpenVPN, but you're free to experiment and propose any alternative, just report back with your experience / benchmarks, that would be a great help.

Well you first need to see a symbiosis of various open protocols to serve as the foundation to challenge monolithic entities such as Google/Amazon. Tokenized assets underpinning these protocols was really the big break through with crypto, it's just going to take a while for that to mature into a cohesive system.

Once that takes place, the software we build on top of that will out compete centralized entities through pure economic incentive. Why provide your data to a monolithic corporation for free when you can provide it to a decentralized network that rewards you through tokenization while also obfuscating the origin of the data through encryption?

Now I'm just heavily speculating, but I'd imagine that such an open and modular synthesis of protocols will provide opportunity for innovation that is not technically possible with our current walled gardens. So privacy aside, I'm inclined to assume that it won't be possible for these corporations to compete from a feature standpoint as well.

The hard part is reaching a point of no return in the development of these open protocols before centralized entities step in.

Seems the FTP is down
ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/
Anyone else able to get in? It is now a large repository and it would be sad to lose it. Does anyone know of an alternative sire we could use as a backup?

Every time I dump TV or vidya, I just spend more time shitposting here.

Why not take up more interesting posting? I used some of my time to do the /cyb/ FAQ. Life is also about trying new things.

Making an effort to be more secure online, following the pastebin etc. Just wondering, is there a simple way to copy over all those firefox configuration settings into my browser, or do I need to manually do each one?

How do I torrent with complete privacy?
Do I need a vpn/proxy?

Last I heard torrenting will reveal your IP number, always.

The future is here with thousands of helping robots: youtu.be/4DKrcpa8Z_E

will i be denied a security job for donating to wikileaks £5 in 2016 election. just realised this could be a possibility. i'm studying ethical hacking atm

Attached: 1502323978924.jpg (655x527, 36K)

>thousands of helping robots
I am not sure user, the future looks grim to me thanks to robots.

Attached: xkcd-1986-robot_future.png (611x206, 18K)

>* your new browser is firefox.
>be sure to go into options, then security, and uncheck block malicious content.
mmmm...why tho?

because it'll send every link you open over to mozilla.

Does anyone know how I can determine the correct file extension of a file if both the extension and Magic Number is changed? Exiftool?

1. If a person/entity compromises your router at the firmware level, they can read or even alter your TLS/SSL connections, correct?

2. If number one is true in any sense, what's to stop a person or entity at your ISP (if they wanted to) from doing the same, reading or altering your TLS/SSL connections, from the ISP instead of your router?

3. In the same scenario or scenarios, how come the persons or entities wouldn't be able to read or intercept Tor's encryption (which is indeed different from TLS/SSL)?

4. Same question as number three, but for VPNs instead of Tor? (The NSA long ago cracked PPTP and IPSec, and probably OpenVPN too. Could a malicious router or ISP read or alter your OpenVPN connection?

Attached: CIA Bogdanoff.jpg (498x654, 68K)

>1
No. They need to get access to your box and install some root certificate there to decrypt / alter your ssl traffic.
>2
if your host is compromised, anything can happen. If your router is compromised, but your box is safe, there's still a chance you get a clue something is going wrong.
>3
there is no (public) history of tor traffic being decrypted. ALL attacks so far have been on application side (i.e. Firefox exploits). Only protocol side attacks are fingerprinting and guard shitl Easy to turn around. Tor is safe. Applications running on top of it are not.
>4
Not sure about this one, haven't inspected OpenVPN or any other in deep. I guess 2048-4096 key is safe enough, but I wouldn't be surprised of any 'oh shit' moments happens in the (near? or far?) future.

You are not a target, everyone is.
Basic opsec will keep you safe.

Anyone ever tried out the librem13? Any decency from the product, or is it just a 'meme' to seduce privacy nutcases?

I have a cyberpunk question, how would one go about making a drone mounted counter-UAS systems?

That's what happens when "just google it" becomes part of our venacular.
Use duckduckgo.

This is the future of Supply Chain Management

for MI5/6/GCHQ maybe....

>(The NSA long ago cracked PPTP and IPSec, and probably OpenVPN too.
the first two are protocols and the next one is a program that implements those two plus more.

and to answer the rest of your questions: TLS is done at your endpoint. unless that one is compromised, you're safe.
a compromised router may hijack your connections - that's why you use cert pinning whenever possible

I'd focus on disabling its engine.
other than the engine you may try to jam sensors or GPS

And also their contractors. Mostly you should be OK.

Jamming will in itself raise a lot of red flags and could initiate ECCCM such as home-on-jam.

Attached: 1459497174.jpg (1920x1140, 668K)

===/sec/ News
krebsonsecurity.com/2018/05/tracking-firm-locationsmart-leaked-location-data-for-customers-of-all-major-u-s-mobile-carriers-in-real-time-via-its-web-site/

Massive data leak. Mobile phone positions available to all.

Whoa, this is a pretty serious one.

>Life is also about trying new things
Trying not to an hero is a full time job, my man. I might start reading some of those CompTia books.

Yes, makes you wonder what happened to the "land of the free."

It stopped being the home of the brave.

Bump.

All of my kek

As long as we are user, we are not heros, just another user author.

It is impressive what you can achieve with dsta mining even from pretty raw data
blog.data.world/how-a-nj-journalist-used-twitter-data-to-improve-her-commute-ab3c117df628

i dont really see whats impressive.
she found which trains that get the most delays and when, by using twitter posts from official accounts posting about delays

Bump.

Attached: 19463549.jpg (1920x960, 539K)

is it worth buying the poc gtfo bible? There's a new one due out later this year or should I just read the papers and not be a fag

You sure nigga?

Attached: Irishbot.webm (720x404, 1.81M)

What hardware do cyberpunks/privacy obsessed people use?
are you aware of intel management engine?

RISC-V or ARM devices.

Could you suggest me something good and maybe not too expensive?

what about Power9?

>I might start reading some of those CompTia books.

Use Professor Messer's stuff. I passed all three of the main certifications using his content and all the practice tests I could find.

old thinkpads

Just don't trust modern chips.

HP PA-RISC is good.

With all this data mining, and the google "experimental" video, and the companys leaking our shit while nobody caring, I feel like I'm living in a bad scifi fucking movie. The more I think on it, the more ridiculous it seems to me but I can't shake the fucking feel off.

unless you want it in paper, it's in the book bundle in the OP

Does anyone see hidden services ever being used for anything but drug markets/spooky roleplaying/abuse?
I think it would be great to have discussion platforms hosted on tor, to get away from spying and all the bs reddit and Jow Forums to an extent force upon us, but I doubt anyone would care enough about things like that these days.

Attached: nqUZyz0.jpg (1920x1080, 233K)

You are not alone in this ride.

Attached: 1508398116294.png (500x388, 229K)

Why it feels like we are?

Should I get industry certs after my internship or just start applying because i've done enough? It's a 6 month paid IBL at a bank.