On Chromium hardware based 'Video Decode' is enabled by default

On official Chrome a la Google isn't.
Can you guys explain it?
Am on Debian stable so not a noob, it's intel based GPU.

Attached: chromiumchrome_400x400.png (400x400, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

myactivity.google.com/myactivity
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Can you guys explain it?
Someone changed the defaults.

Seriously what/why are you asking?

Was just wondering.

It might be the package maintainers, or maybe google itself if they had problem with that setting and wanted users to have the safest option.
If you REALLY care ask the debian package maintainers or google.

On normal chrome the "software decoder" actually sends what you're watching to google when not watching via youtube

>On normal chrome the "software decoder" actually sends what you're watching to google when not watching via youtube
Chromium is still Chrome you absolute underage newfag. Still developed by Google, still maintained by Google.

But not exactly the same you stupid

Sure. Chromium is blue.

THE CODE IS DIFFERENT YOU ABSOLUTE TARD

Attached: 1520580696182.jpg (234x250, 14K)

>hardware decoder is enabled by default
Isn't that a good thing? My toaster gets choppy if I'm watching something with hardware decoder turned off.

I get mixed results, some sites are slow some are faster with GPU rasterisation enabled manually.

I use Vivaldi but it was extremely slow without the GPU accleration manually enabled and I have fast cpu.

Prove it. Point out some of the different code. Give us a diff file.

Chrome isn't open source

Attached: 1523218878950.png (740x900, 923K)

>google browser
>not a noob
Pick 1

Sure it is. The source is called Chromium

No that's just the upstream version, chrome is a fork with modifications to the chromium source

Attached: 1511483351712.png (635x661, 227K)

The Eyes of Sauron...

When the fuck did cuck chan become google tech support..
holy shit kill you're self.

>2018
>using google
op is a faggot

>modifications to the chromium source
Prove it

Also stop avatarfagging. It's a violation of the rules here.

>The two browsers share the majority of code and features, THOUGH THERE ARE SOME MINOR DIFFERENCES IN FEATURES AND LOGOS
from the Wikipedia page,

>hurr durr the rules, stop avatar fagging
STOP ME!

Attached: 1526249092466.jpg (548x548, 70K)

This poster isn't me btw

Attached: 1519726701723.jpg (183x250, 7K)

Logos aren't source code user. Neither are having different compilation flags enabled to enable certain features.

THE CODE IS DIFFERENT, TRUST ME ON THIS

Attached: CgldEYQU8AA2MPn.jpg (493x585, 35K)

Nice try Pajeet. No one is falling for it though. Don't worry though. If Moot has been able to keep his job this long, I am sure you won't get fired over this little mistake.

>Chrome uses the open source web browser Chromium’s source code and adds a bunch of features developed by Google and some nonfree components.
HOW MANY TIMES DO YKU WANT TO BE BTFO'D

Attached: depression.jpg (748x748, 69K)

>unironically using fossbytes as a resource when they've betrayed their namesake by blogposting about nonfree software countless times

>adds a bunch of features developed by Google
Like what?
>and some nonfree components.
Yeah, Chrome is built with nonfree codec support like mp3 decoding. Chromium is usually built without support for nonfree codecs unless you enable it in the build config.

But that's not code

>reverse web searching my greentext to find the source and then make a snarky comment about it
ad hominem, biatch
Auto update, pepperflash and google datamine features. OPEN YOUR EYES AND REALIZE WHAT I'M TELLING IS DA TRUTH

Attached: 1520383203183.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

>Auto update
Separate utility
>pepperflash
Plugin. You can install it on either Chromium or Chrome, or not install it for either.
>google datamine features
Prove it

>google datamine features
There's a reason why Iridium and Degoogled Chromium exist, you absolute retard. Have you actually looked through the code yourself? A program being open source does not exempt it from being botnet.

>prove it
WHY ARE YOU DEFENDING THIS BOTNET, AAAAAAAARRRGGH. IT HAS SUPER SECRET HIDDEN FEATURES DEVELOPED BY THE AYYS IN AREA 51, I ALREADY TOLD TO MUCH BY POSTING THIS, NOW I HAVE TO LEAVE THE CITY MAYBE EVEN COUNTRY AGAIN. JUST TRUST MW OKAY, I KNOW THINGS THAT I WOULD RATHER NOT KNOW. BYE, HAVE TO DELETE MY DIGITAL PAPERTRAIL.

Attached: 87A851BA3CA6448D803C464F8BD27DE4.jpg (633x758, 297K)

back 2 reddit with you

Make sure to delete your activity from the MyActivity hub.
myactivity.google.com/myactivity

What the actual fuck

Friendly reminder that the Chromium sign in and sync functions exactly the same as the Google Chrome sign in and sync, and your web usage history is still saved the same way. Also, use of Google emails, YouTube accounts, Google Voice, any time you clicked "I do not like this ad", location data through your Android device, and Google search queries are all logged by default in the MyActivity Hub. You can turn all of this off and delete it, but don't expect that to actually remove it from their servers.

Say it with me. BOTNET.

Attached: 1526671218827.jpg (753x999, 160K)