pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread

Attached: gaymer.jpg (1600x1200, 357K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VvTSLRab7Kg
deskthority.net/wiki/Category:List_of_all_keyboard_switches
deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX
amazon.com/Qisan-Mechanical-Keyboard-Backlight-Magicforce/dp/B01HHTFSIK/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1526755987&sr=1-2&keywords=magicforce 108
amazon.com/TD108-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard-Double-Shot/dp/B076Q67CL3/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1526757084&sr=1-3&keywords=ikbc keyboard
massdrop.com/buy/tai-hao-rubber-gaming-keycap-set
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>hello my name is Rakesh
>I shill mechanical keyboards

How fast is your keyboard? Run your finger through each row as fast as possible. No cheating.
>Filco Majestouch 2
`1234567890-=
qwertyuiop[]
asdfghjkl;'
zxcvbnm,./
A slow keyboard would not register some keys in between.

Why so post-apocalyptic?

that's a dumb test, a better one would be to hold down both shift keys and type:
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG ~!@#$%^&*()_+

Does anyone spend more time researching keyboards than typing on them?
I feel like this is the little dark secret of the /mkg/ lifestyle.

>tfw typing on cherry mx switches

Attached: fadesfd.jpg (640x480, 70K)

just for comparison here is an HHKB JP

1234567890-^
qwertip
asdfhjk;
zxcvbn,/\

Seems like the HHKB failed to register O,G,L,M, and .
not a good result

your test is for ghosting, while mine is for scan rate.

IBM model M
`123467890-=
qwertuiop[]\
asdfghjkl;'
zxcvbnm,./
what's this supposed to prove?

Here are the keyboard types that you should test. You do not have to be a buyfag. You could go to a keyboard meetup:
1. Anything Topre
2. Anything Cherry MX (pick your variant)
3. Model M Buckling Springs
4. Model F Buckling Springs
5. Anything Linear (like those Wooting switches)
6. Anything Alps (pick your variant)

Have I left out any major technology that would be worth trying?

box switches
beamsprings
and if you're lucky keytronic heavy duty switches and super tactile electromagnetic switches

>Have I left out any major technology that would be worth trying?
girls

plenty of those at keyboards meets ;)

Interesting. Have you tried these EM switches? What were they like? What was the keyboard?

If you did it fast enough some keys wont register due to debouncing/scan rate latency. This is basically testing if your board can detect fast taps. The HHKB I tested above showed ill results which means in practice it wont register some taps.

>>Have I left out any major technology that would be worth trying?
>girls
Those are way too tempermental.
I tried lube but it didn't solve the problem either.

>debouncing/scan rate latency
If you're into ultra-fast gaming, I guess this could matter.
I'm just a simple touch typist pumping out 90 words a minute. Even the slowest crap controller can probably keep up with me.

it's connected via ps/2 and it was definitely fast when i did it, also the HHKB default pooling rate is like 200hz so maybe that's why

>2. Anything Cherry MX (pick your variant)
>box switches
Box switches fall under MX-compatibles.

then why didn't why say that?

I have, just not the super tactile ones
You can easily try them if you take a tour of a warship, or a military museum and type on any of the computers/terminals.

They definitely sound cool. I think Chyrosran22 (AKA Thomas) did some YT videos about old East-Bloc/Soviet models. I guess there are no modern ones, only old Honeywells for us?

well there are chink clones, and you can still buy new old stock honeywell hall effect keyboards since they made them until 2007

>Razer Blackwidow 2013 @ 1000Hz polling
1234567890-
qweryuiop[
asdfghjkl;
zxcvbnm
Polling rate isn't really the cause, it's more how the keyboard itself detects presses internally . Polling rate doesn't drop keypresses.

>are you blind, that's the same keyboard
But the one the OP posted in the last thread has some Brother Labelmaker labels stuck to it. The one in the thread doesn't.

and? it's still the same keyboard he just put some stickers on them

>Box switches fall under MX-compatibles.
But "MX-compatible" is only a form factor and has nothing to do with mechanism. Box switches, for example, have an entirely different actuation mechanism from conventional cherry MX switches.

retards like you are the reason why we have "coupe like" cars

Ok, if you want to, then you can break out the box switch from the generic MX switch type.
(It is MX-mount so you could still consider it a variant. That's all I'm saying.)

so I read up on it and your tests are shit, a better one would would be to tap alternating keys as fast as possible.

If what I found on the Internet is right, then word on the street is that those Honeywell switches are about 70 grams force. That could be too much for some people, and yes, not enough for others.

depends on which one you get, the most common ones are ~30g, 70g, and 250g

Tada68
1234567890-=
qwertyuiop[]\
asdfghjkl;'
zxcvbnm,./

>250g
>250g
>250g
Holy crap. I don't think the walls in my house have an activation force of 250g.

You guys have finally started to wear me down.
It used to be 100% or nothing for me.
But now I am starting to think that maybe 75% and even 60% keyboards might be worth it.
Please send help.

>walls in my house have an activation force
wut?
anyway if you really want to try some heavy switches then keytronic has some switches with 1lbs springs

then get a drevo gramr of amazon, then return it if you don't like it

Used to be 100% or nothing for me too. But then I got really annoyed by how I couldn't center the home row in front of my monitor for more comfortable typing because it collided with my mouse/mousepad.

Then I got a TKL and it was really nice.

And now I've got parts for a box navy 60% coming from China soon. It infects you like a virus. Get out while you still can.

65% is my favorite layout.

Key Switch Type Compendium
Topre
Mechanical (Cherry, ALPS, BOX)
Buckling Spring
Beam Spring
Optical
Electro-Mechanical

Other than the Cherry Mousetrap from the 1950s, are we forgetting any good keyboard technologies? (Forget membrane and foam and foil. Those suck.)
youtube.com/watch?v=VvTSLRab7Kg

have been using the tada68 only for a couple of weeks but even the 75% ones seem uselessly big now

>Used to be 100% or nothing for me
>Then I got a TKL
>now I've got parts for a box navy 60%
>get out while you still can.
Yeah, for me it was the day that I did not populate my Glorious PC Master Race keyboard fully, leaving the function keys off and the numpad off. Except for entering my zip code into shipping address fields on the web, I did not miss the keys at all.
Even the whole nonsense with modes seems ok.

take your pick
deskthority.net/wiki/Category:List_of_all_keyboard_switches

>deskthority.net/wiki/Category:List_of_all_keyboard_switches
That's not the technologies listed, but rather each and every known switch.

E-element Z88 or Ajazz Ak33?

Attached: 1524151044380.jpg (400x323, 51K)

and? just take you pick of which technology you want to include, there are some like magnetic reed, acoustic switches, as well as electrocoapcitive that you didn't include

tada68

is there a page for all kailh box switches like this one?
>deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX

Too expensive for me.

then work harder

>New pbt sky dolch doubleshot keycaps from leopold
>Only available in korea
>ebay gooks selling it for around topre prices
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1600, 243K)

Just buy them on AliExpress. I always check KBDfans cn first but they aren't always fully stocked.

>ABS keycaps

they don't sell skydolch keycaps on neither. Especially not doubleshot

is there a definitive guide of available keyboards separated by type, features, purpose, and price range? i clicked all the paste bins, but i didnt see an infographic like /csg/.

Attached: keybo.jpg (600x600, 230K)

no because a new one comes out every week and specifying keyboards will raise its price. you can ask and follow the buy guide if you want recommendations.

i see; that makes sense.

>budget
$60 tops
>location
USA
>layout
traditional layout? i like having a numpad
>backlight
yes
>current keyboard
shitty mushy dbpower 15 dollar chinesium buy

was considering the james donkey 619 even though its a meme. honestly it doesnt have to be mechanical, but i figured you guys would know the most.

Attached: domain.jpg (3610x5005, 1.34M)

...and how would you see the results?? zxzxzxzxzxzxzxzxzxzxzxzxzx doesn't show a lot and its limited by human speed while swiping a row registers more key presses in succession

James donkey is a good choice. There is also a magicforce for around 70 usd.

>amazon.com/Qisan-Mechanical-Keyboard-Backlight-Magicforce/dp/B01HHTFSIK/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1526755987&sr=1-2&keywords=magicforce 108

I would recommend that for better build quality.

Can anyone recommend me some nice, bright amber 2x3x4 LEDs?

thanks. ill look into that one too. you happen to know if they make a black one?

no, but there are ikbc
amazon.com/TD108-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard-Double-Shot/dp/B076Q67CL3/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1526757084&sr=1-3&keywords=ikbc keyboard
They are newer, but I heard good things.

gungunrattatatta
blamblamgunboompop
blappopgunboomboom
gungungungun

Attached: coupla lights.jpg (1800x1200, 899K)

Use a solenoid then

3rd gen smith and wesson on the right? i didnt know they made those with rails

not him but it looks like a 4006 with TSW.

just ordered a james donkey 619. looking forward to my meme board

Guys help me, I'm probably retarded
>you're not supposed to bottom out switches
>most non-linear switches have a noticeable tactile bump that requires significant force to overcome, and in fact switches with a bigger bump are often considered superior
So I used Matias quiet click for a bit, which are considered one of the better tactile switches, and I noticed the following common sense effect: after you press down hard enough to overcome the tactile bump, the switch just "collapses" the rest of the way. Without carefully controlling my finger movement, I always bottom out. Is that supposed to happen? Or am I doing something wrong?

>Budget
Around $100
>Location (continent at least)
NA
>Preferred switch type
Either blue or black
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
100% or 80%
>Backlight
Not required, but preferred
>Previous/current keyboards
Ducky One (Cherry Reds)

Decided to get a MK with more tactile keycaps and was looking at either blues or blacks. Any suggestions /mkg/?

Alps tactile feedback comes from the leaf instead of the slider like with mx switches, so no your not wrong

So you're supposed to bottom out Alps?

If you want to. Bottoming out really doesn't matter

>more tactile keycaps
Wut

>ordered a bunch of shit from kbdfans 5 or 6 days ago
>it's still in China

Attached: 1520096227296.jpg (437x431, 28K)

>tfw fell for the massdrop meme
massdrop.com/buy/tai-hao-rubber-gaming-keycap-set
Got drunk one day and wound up with a confirmation email... i just wanted doubleshot backlit key caps for my WASD since i fuck them up gaming, what is this rubber crap? Is this going to feel like trash?

Attached: MD-29248_20170112123034_9a9578ac1d08991d.jpg (1084x723, 74K)

>Is this going to feel like trash?
Almost certainly.

>find a cool keycap set
>no 1u modifiers
welp

Are there any good 75% keyboards that can also be hot swappable? I really like the layout but I’m not a fan of tkls like the gmmk. A keyboard like the kbd75 would be perfect for me I think

>Budget
Around £80
>Location
UK
>Preferred switch type
Tactile and quiet
>Layout
Regular qwerty? I want a wrist rest though.
>Backlight
Yes
>Previous/current keyboards
Currently have a Corsair K95. 3 of the LEDs died after just a year and I never liked the noise it made. The macro keys annoyed me too.

KBP V80 with Matias QC is just above your budget.

Get fucked ISO fags

Actually, I want 1u modifiers so I can do a 60% layout with arrow keys and a tiny right shift.

ISO is garbage

Get a hotswap KBD75 then

I should have added I want a numpad too. Sorry.

Speaking of this, I ordered a plate a few days ago and just now realized that if I want this layout I need a plate with a 2u shift haha fuck me

Don't worry about *touch* bottoming out. Just don't *smash* bottom out

Why aren't numpads and nav clusters more common on the left rather than the right side of the board? It just makes sense. It allows you to keep the alphanumeric cluster directly in front of you while having comfortable mouse access.

Blame IBM

Any recommendations for a numpad pcb with a function or numlock layer? Are there any with underglow and/or RGB key backlighting?

ki ki ki ki kkkkk ki ki kikkkkkikik ik ik ik
that's the sound your shitty cherry switches make

Ducky Pocket, it even supports alt codes. while there is no alt key by default you can program one in since it is programmable

I was looking for something more DIY, also the screen seems kind of pointless, especially for my usage.

then take it out of it's case

zealios, tealios, or boxes

would a wireless mechanical keyboard suffice or does it need to be wired

Attached: 1490539483009.png (2688x2688, 173K)

yes

>tactile, linear or a variety of switches that could be anything
Good question

It needs to be wired using the chad AT/PS/2 protocol

What are good options for a separate numpad?