RSI Bros what do you do?

I'm asumming this is the proper place to put this. But how do I heal rsi after its too late. I have constant pain in my hands. Not so much my wrist but my hands kill me from using mouse and keyboard a lot. I have recently cut back on my time spend as well as have increased how often I take breaks. I do arm/hand stretches and even massage my own arm/wrist/hand. I'm looking for a solution to put the icing on the cake and go back to a time when I didn't even know what an rsi was.

TL;DR - RSI sucks, what are your guys' strategy to defeat it?

Attached: image.jpg (3618x2752, 458K)

Stop using a mouse, use pic related instead. Hit the gym and strengthen muscles, tendons, and ligaments.

Attached: trackpoint.jpg (1024x768, 99K)

knead dough

I switched mice and position. I found a lighter mouse. Imagine having a "heavy" mouse in which you're constantly moving it back and forth over a mousepad. It puts strain. this too i guesss

Alright thank you man, I'll prolly keep using a mouse cuz I'm a vidya game nerd :( but yea I wIll probably Need to hit the gym. Defeat it with raw strength :D

>scrolling down on Jow Forums
>thinking, my wrist hurts like hell
>see this thread

get ahead of it now man. Seriously, I'm young and thought rsi was for oldies. But it gets everyone, once it's too late it's too late.

You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past.

Stop using your computer all day.
If your s o y intake is too high for that then get (ask your wife's boyfriend to buy you) an ergonomic mouse.

switch to trackball/marble mouse, problem solved

Use vimuim, use vim
and use a comfy mashine like macbook

also stretch for every hour on the computer

fatso

>extremely rigid brace
>avoid use of wrist for most leverage tasks including opening doorknobs, jacking
>get 4 different mice of different angles and sizes
>swap out frequently or switch to non-hand methods when possible
>see a therapist to check on muscle function
>see an orthopedist for medications for inflammation
>follow through fastidiously for at least 4 months

Unironically get a wrist rest. You'd be surprised how much it helps with hand pain.

how much of a onions do you have to be in order to get RSI by using a mouse? like holy fuck you must be either a twig or malnourished as fuck.

Idk I hear wrist braces can fuck you up worse because your arms work less and muscle atrophy just destroys you basically for good.

You stop using it until it stops hurting and then do strength training to build up your weak as shit baby wrist.

No it's a combo of just a fucked life style. I play guitar which is notorious for rsi. I work on computer which is notorious for it. I browse and play games in my free time extending my computer use time. I just use my hands a lot in my daily life which takes a toll.

Just stop fapping 5 times per day.

Get some balls, OP

Attached: mbank271202_w1400_h1400.jpg (1400x1400, 128K)

anyone have any idea where to buy a replacement ball for these?

I bought one without a ball used for a dollar years ago and never could find a replacement ball.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there.

They're the exact same size as pool billard balls.

Attached: 8ball.jpg (350x302, 24K)

for the past 5 years i have been using my computer a shit ton of hours a day. sometimes literally all day if im not doing anything (snowstorms etc)

what are you doing that your wrist has an RSI? i literally dont get it. whats your mouse dpi? is it your mouse hand or the other hand?

i literally dont get this.

I assume you're in your early 20s? Give it 5 or 10 years or so.

Not previous poster but at 42 I've never had RSI.

Superior genes.

I use a high dpi and make sure to keep my entire hand on the mouse elevating my wrist for minimal movement

39 hard arthritis for a few years, feet knees and wrists, mouse was not to bad but keyboard was killing me, got a ergodox clone from china and its not bad, also have a razer orbweaver for gaming, need to move to some joystick for WASD long time holding (even factorio starts to hurt after a while), anyway OP switch stuff up and stop when it hurts, kinda good rules to live by.

i've felt pain before in my wrist and forearms when using shitty posture. my chair is lower than my desk so if i type for too long it hurts. but this is all fixed if i move my keyboard sideways.

as of right now it just seems people have absolutely awful posture and they cant seem to own up to it