CS hate thread

I majored in CS but I hate every fucking job I've had so far. I lost all the passion for computers I had as a teenager, they are nothing more than glorified calculators to me now.

What the fuck do I do

Attached: 1526815077206.jpg (720x529, 20K)

Find another hobby that involves computers. Make music or something.

Get out america and major in CS again

stop making blog posts on 4chins you stupid prick fuck you

get a different job
Jesus fucking christ you must be dumber than a sack of fucking rocks

Fuck off

I'll never make a living out of music.

Im not in america, im in eastern europe

CS student at the junior level now

I work in banking slaving my ass to pay rent, just got hired at Apple as a second job. My life is hell and CS is the only light at the end of the tunnel. Why do you hate your job OP?

Make games.

>eastern yurop
there's your problem.

>Why do you hate your job OP?
It is tedious, boring and involves zero content I'm interested in. For fucks sake, I finished college and now I have to write shitty python text analyzers, like some kind of a code monkey. I hate myself.

You are a codemonkey.

Same shit everywhere else, even worse salaries.

This is a dumb thread so you'll get one good response from me.

Consider your alternative career paths; almost every other one will be less lucrative and/or less enjoyable. Tech-related jobs are what you want, unless you want to work in Finance, Healthcare, or something else even worse.

Use your code monkey job to finance your actual hobbies. Your job isn't your life or who you are; it is what you do. You can also add "traveler","artist","outdoorsman" or whatever else your hobbies are to what it is you do.

Good luck and stop complaining about being in the most desirable field in the world.`

How do I become not-a-codemonkey?

Computers are the only thing that interest me, so I don't think I'll ever not be interested in them. I wish I was part computer desu

avoid webshit, mainly. Generally avoid startups, older and more established software companies don't come with the same sort of sjw/"open office plan"/mismanagement/etc/etc that comes with startup shit. Look into career paths that aren't pure programming, like sysadmin or infosec. And if you really want this over getting paid well, go into CS academia.

There's no point in Iiving if your job is miserable
>in my life I'm miserable for the majority of my time but on my off days I can do some inane bullshit

Cool, what a great life man

im with you op im convinced anyone who likes cs or computers, works in tech industry , and wants to stay is some kind of soulless drone of a person

>What the fuck do I do
Make an actual Software Company.
One that writes Software.

Not some bag biting marketing ponzi scheme firm that steals data

Attached: 49F65C23-B834-474B-AB86-1EC056580E46.jpg (880x882, 147K)

I will never understand people like you op. You cry and complain as if you're being forced to do CS for a living. Then quit your fucking job and go work at a Walmart or McDonald's, or whatever the hell it is slavs do for work in eastern europe. Of course you'll never do that because you know those jobs are far worse.

They're actually not. I quit my cs job and lived as a neet. Took a job working at a local supermarket. Genuinely way way better .

My dad complained of the same thing. He used to do sys-admin work for Merril Lynch, JP Morgan and other wall st frims back in the day. That work is really a dead end especially these days with pajeet doing remote work more then ever in blackout facilities. He now does PCI (Payment card industry) auditing and compliance as well as info sec work like pen testing.
I would also consider pursuing .Gov clearance work. The issue is getting a clearance is a catch 21, unless you started off as a welfare leach with the military or managed to start as a GS employee on gov "dem programs" for minorities.

Also what is with people in IT that just lack really any basic social interaction/skills? I don't mean lack of social skills in the neckbeard/geek way but in the bitchy lack of empathy way. I've seen and experienced so much bitchiness and cockwaving that just compounds office politics to 11 especially in Sys-admin/networking & development/coding work. This isn't even gender/sjw specific because it like an trait that spans, men, women, black, Russians, Hispanics and Asians.

Wait, you're tell me the dick measuring doesn't stop after college? I hate dealing with this shit as it is. The amount of people who try to show off how "smart" they are, purposely making their code hard to read or doing shit that isn't even necessary, or when they ask retarded bullshit that has NOTHING to do with what's going in the class.

Well I getting more at the point of the anti-social nature of ALOT (but not all) people in IT be it support or development.
I feel (and I could be wrong there are a lot of people in IT because they think its a great field to be in where you don't have to interact with people or really any skill managing/dealing with groups. However it is completely anything but.

Only Americans say this shit. I'm a developer in France and it is horrifically shitty. At least the burgers can make enough to have their own flat. I live with my wife and children plus her two parents.

>go into CS academia.
How hard is this? I already have many people thinking I'll be an assistant, but I don't know how is this achieved.

>older and more established software companies don't come with the same sort of sjw/"open office plan"/mismanagement/etc/etc that comes with startup shit.
They also come with layers upon layers of middle management and soul-crushing bureaucracy that will actively prevent you from getting anything done.

That's life dumbass. Stop expecting happiness to land on your lap, you entitled prick

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean other people don't.

The dick measuring gets worse after college

Don't be a backend monkey then. There's plenty of money to be had in fintech, come take a bite of that pie while you can.

Recommending enterprise lol

If you have confidence and basic social skills, get into technical sales.

Software sales/ sales engineering is pretty cool. More money than developers and work less too.

>Im not in america, im in eastern europe
what's the point of this thread then?
should have emigrated like your smarter peers.

Accepting unhappiness might as well off yourself at that point.

just cause you gave up doesn't mean everyone should

can't say I relate, honestly
>t. neet

quads of truth

Attached: 1474001680758.jpg (650x500, 82K)

>catch 21
what is that? do you mean catch 22?

Fuck off burger there is no fintech promise land in Paris.

Does France even have any high tech industry? I heard you guys are going the way of Spain. You should move if you can

Are there any good computer science/computer engineering jobs?
That was really the only thing I was ever looking forward to. Like , the light at the end of the tunnel.

Does it really only get worse from here? Should I just off myself?

Damn if you think that's better then blow your brains out

Serves you right for falling for the STEM meme

Attached: FB_IMG_1526348693195.jpg (810x614, 38K)

I'd probably kill myself if I had to be a code monkey like everyone of you faggots strives to be. There are other IT jobs out there but because no one on Jow Forums has ever left the house they just go for the low hanging fruit and learn programming

And what jobs are these faggotron?

it gets worse
t.36yo cs fag

>proves my point

Attached: 7WxC0ZA.png (500x462, 253K)

Yes we have tech and software companies and unlike burgers we do not flee when times are bad.

I majored in CS, right before it became the popular thing everyone did. I miss those days, people actually had passion.

The best first step would be finding some professors who will let you research with them as volunteers and get your name in a published paper or two.

I don't understand, how do you people think that being a code monkey would be an enjoyable career to pursue? I've taken multiple programming courses and each and every one made me want to consider suicide, its just a bunch of repetitive garbage

How the fuck do I do that? Just walk up to the prof and say "hey muh proffesah, need some help with research n shiet?"

People who like solving problems fall for the illusion that working in the real world resembles that.

Or some just fall for the IT wage meme.

your life doesn't have meaning currently. explore yourself and find a way to give it meaning.

I work in cyber security, supposedly one of the more “sexy” careers in IT. It’s boring as shit and every day I come into work and think of other things that i could be doing. Sometimes I fantasise about being a window cleaner or working outside. I feel trapped because the money is good.

Oh well, only another 30 years before I can retire.

>older and more established software companies don't come with the same sort of sjw/"open office plan"/mismanagement/etc/etc
Yeah they come with gigabytes of shitty code written 10 years ago by some self-educated nerd and supported for 8 years by some code monkey which resulted into codebase of 80% unreachable lines.
t. employed by a Older Established Software Company in Eastern Europe.

oh shiiiiiiit that is me.
nice dubs.

I wish I could be NEET but it is too late. I have to be a wagie or die.

Only in webdev. In any sane team simplicity is valued, not complexity.

Because people love *using* computers and think CS will somehow lead them to a fulfilling career.

Hmm doesnt sound good. Here in Baltics you can get an appartment easily with developer salary and life is actually very comfy. Are you in Paris? Its probably because of overpriced real estate...

i want to kill my self

>loved PCs and PC gaming growing up
>I'm gonna purse a career in computers!
>drop out mid university
>spend years doing what I really wanted, which is playing games all day as a NEET
>times catch up with me and I'm forced to get a job
>friend sets me up with a factory job
>I'm miserable as fuck thinking I'm going to hate it
>2 years later job is comfy as fuck, I really grew to like it and it fits my abilities, it's also something I find genuinely useful for society so it motivates me, and I make the same or more as people with college degrees sitting at their computer all day
>just bought my first car and still have money saved up

>t. New Somalian

get into CS academia, way more interesting than the actual jobs you can find around here related to programming

What do you do in a factory?

buy $LINK

Quality control on assembled parts. Basically check to see if the final part matches the design drawing and that it has all the documentation filled in from the operators that did it.

Cry me a river, cucked baguette. I'm yuropoor too, stop blaming the industry for your laziness, get off your ass and find a proper job. Even my easter yuropoor shithole of a country has fintech industry, but my employer moved me to Switzerland after few years.
Feels good to steal jobs from lazy mediterranean fucktards like you.

>money is good
>retiring in 30 years

m8 i don't think you know what "good" money means in this industry. how about you get actually good at what you do?

When I got into CS I hated math and wasn't big into computers, I only started liking it while studying. I graduated, even got MSc.
It was all nice and shit until I had to get a job, all the jobs I've had are either soulless sweatshop-tier agile programming memes or retarded sysadmin jobs where 90% of your day is actually being the helpdesk. The only one I actually liked, the company closed when I was only 3 months in.

I wholeheartedly regret picking CS.

You could also find a better job. I assure you that they exist.

Grats on escaping neetdom, many don't