/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: x1.png (1070x1600, 589K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dekoniaudio.com/frequency-response-curve-new-dekoni-sennheiser-hd600-pads/
youtube.com/watch?v=P8o2kinfSdo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: s2.png (1300x725, 110K)

Uhh what? The whole conversation was about losing detail on subbass at loud volumes on my speakers.

Attached: 344CFE01-C4D4-41E8-B906-8140CA5C2CEF.jpg (4032x3024, 2.31M)

YAY anime feet

>on my speakers.
lol no, the conversation was about kannons circumventing auditory masking. you wanted to bring your speakers into the conversation. the conversation has nothing to do with you or your preference for speakers

Are those changes in the highs noticeable?

Attached: HD600 Fenestrated Sheepskin.jpg (826x318, 59K)

Anyone here own the ATH-W1100IS? If so how are they? They're $120 on Amazon and I'm planning on buying them.

MIKUUUUUU.
Okay /hpg/ what headphone she wears?
I know she wears some ATH one but i don't which model.

You seem to be confused, you responded to my orignal post which stated "just get speakers" this whole time I've been referring to my speakers not those Kannon headphones. The whole point of me bringing speakers into the discussion was to point you wouldn't have bass problems with a proper stereo setup. Anyway since we aren't even talking about the same thing anymore I bid thee farewell. Enjoy your headphones.

I prefer the stock in that comparison. The 600's only need more sub bass imo. More mid bass and less treble is a no for me. The graph still looks good though, and the pads look really nice, and durable.

Sorry I meant not MY speakers but speakers in general.

>The whole point of me bringing speakers into the discussion was to point you wouldn't have bass problems with a proper stereo setup
"bass problems", we were never talking about having issues with neutral bass. we were talking about extreme basshead boosted bass. "we" as in not you. you would know this if you had read the post chain instead of trying to evangelize speakers on a headphone general......

Hush now sweetie this is a new thread and a fresh start.

I imagine that it would be easier to EQ down just the mid bass with the hybrids.

Attached: HD600 Hybrid.jpg (826x318, 51K)

Redpill me on sennheiser /hpg/

that's fair

Entry level to Stax

post your setup user

Attached: Why.png (3000x1500, 2.53M)

Were the other amps your upgrade path to the A-100?

Yeah that looks better. I'll remember those pads next time it comes to changing my stock ones

I've had my eye on them for a while. You can see the other Dekoni's response graphs at dekoniaudio.com/frequency-response-curve-new-dekoni-sennheiser-hd600-pads/

not really, i bought it just for the memes, the El Amp is just as good for everything except the Argon
still, i just oredered stax + woo wee so i'll use the emotiva to power them

Finally, some gorgeous anime feet.
Anyway, I see it mentioned quite often in specs, but I've never managed to understand what it is. What is soundstage exactly?

do you know when your LE will come?

was meant for

Yeah, I'm not keen on the price, but it could end up better in the long run. Thanks m8

Idol trash here. Your setup, user. What's it like?

Attached: 1495667690456.png (1080x1920, 2.46M)

elusive disc says july, but customs takes it's time so probably mid/late september

are you also the user that bought the THX amp?

I love feet!

You seriously never visitied a hi-fi salon and listened to two channel set ups in treated rooms??

What do you use to drive your music? As in Headphone Amps?

i had to check, yes i ordered one of those

rme adi 2 dac

hah alright, I've recommended 5 of your purchases then to you (woo wee, dt1990, a-100, thx, l300le)

nice memeing user

unlikely, a100, wee, dt1990 got from ((zeos))
and thx from reddit
stax was from here though

I want to lick her feet!

SMSL M6.

Magni 3

600+magni 3. +2db sub bass and most things still sound amazing. I'd prefer more natural sub bass, but then, that's this hobby in a nutshell. No headphone is perfect, and I don't want to spend much more than I already have.

I don't know why you autists need to have 3 of these threads every day when the answer is HD600.

what headphones should I buy

How come?

I'll give you a hint. It starts with an S

Just look at

I'm a 600 owner and it's not that simple friend. They are right in the mix though.

It really is simple. Unless you want to spend 1000$+ on headphones the answer is HD600.

someone post the /hpg/ shit guide to headphone purchases

Attached: 1526500568926.png (1330x1898, 64K)

What a shit guide

I actually agree with that, but how much better are the 1k headphones? I can't say because I don't know. I can't see them being much better though, and the price difference surely isn;t worth it.

they are much better, but they aren't worth it unless you're obsessed or filthy rich

I don't even like headphones I just come here for the quality animayy pic

Attached: 1526062805262-g.png (333x365, 192K)

I've was 1 click away from ordering the blue hawaii last night

don't bitch at /hpg/ when you buy a crazy expensive stax amp after we told you not to and it does either nothing or very little

Attached: laugh.gif (530x292, 1.02M)

Which ones? since we're talking about the 600, lets say the 800 or 800s is the obvious 1k step up. UNless you need to buy an expensive amp, the difference isn;t that huge where you need to be rich. I think we all care enough in the first place. That's why I have spent nearly 1k in overall gear myself, which includes buying and selling gear, making some mistakes, but mostly learning along the way. I have ended at the 600 as far as I can tell, but I'd love to try some really expensive headphones.

Why use over head instead of IEM?
IEM are more comfortable and over head looks retarded walking outside.

if money is not an issue just go for it

you guys did stax to me. take responsibility

iems just cannot give the same sense of sound that a top open headphone can. Iem's are great, but they don't compare to great open headphones.

What's a recent purchase you made that you're actually glad you made?

Pic related, got this exact combo.

Attached: DSC01565_2048x2048.jpg (2014x2014, 680K)

>take responsibility

Attached: 1394115104211.gif (265x285, 1.52M)

isnt that like $3000
spend that kind of money on speakers not headphones

mew

Attached: IMG_20180518_015741117.jpg (2080x1170, 747K)

>>$7000

Attached: headamp.jpg (2738x893, 138K)

Perfect timing, I needed to rub one out

delet this

buy this one instead, only $5500
only one available

Attached: DSC_0023-2.jpg (5991x3238, 2.54M)

HD600.

stax

whats that?

I wasn't joking. I'm really glad that I bought them.

Spritzer is a faggot kike, no thanks.

vikings can't be fags nor kikes

t. somebody who has never been to sweden

soiboi offspring sure can

liquid lightning?

>sweden
that's the middle east sweetie, this is from iceland

>icenigger snake oil salesman
>WE WIZ VIKANGZ 'N SHEEEIT
lol, just lol

so much anger, his amps must be really good
i'll order one to try them

Do it, you fucking pussy. Order his KGSSHV. You wont, because you're bitch made.

u mad?

Attached: 1510835930004.png (1000x838, 605K)

You're bitching out. Order it, RIGHT NOW.

>i'll order one to try them
HAHA do it you won't

why does people even keep recommending hd600 while hd650 are better by a long shot

buy stax

Attached: 1494304065870.png (380x250, 124K)

Buyer's remorse i guess

m40x are shit tier to me, no soundstage at all even coming from SHURE 440 or Sony MDR-7506. Just bass and highs and no mid range. Also they are uncomfortable and other earpads will fuck off even more the sound

red pill me on m40x I already tried them and I didn't like them

it sure would be nice to own every single pair of headphones

I agree, it would be nice to look at your collection while you listen to your stax

but why would you need more than stax

to shitpost

IT going to sleep. Enjoy this ASMR vid.
youtube.com/watch?v=P8o2kinfSdo

Attached: 1521721233000.png (1920x1080, 1.84M)

>bitch made nigger talks big and then goes silent once he's put on the spot
Pussy niggas gonna be pussy niggas I guess.

>ASMR
pssst.
*whispers in left ear*
buy
*whispers in right ear*
stax

>buy stax
>sound good
>enjoy

guys I have $11,000 and I want to get a nice headphone setup. can you recommend me a brand? no need for specifics just the brand is all I need and then I'll research the rest