Why do you still use Windows?

Why do you still use Windows?

Attached: 1444250104235.png (314x278, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/AndrewPPrice
youtube.com/user/Blenderfan93
youtube.com/user/pitiwazou
youtube.com/user/GlebAlexandrov
youtube.com/user/fadespell
youtube.com/channel/UCgEWZe5DyLJGBk6qUC96NCg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Most games are either windows and mac

grow up

Because gaymes

because one note on a touch screen is the best

Muh games...I'm so ashamed, but it's muh games...

Because there's no 32 bit android studio for Linux.

Easier to develop in Windows.

A class I'm taking next semester uses winforms

kill me

third party support. everything uses windows, linux is not viable as a consumer desktop enviroment

get over it, you're not a "professional" anything

Attached: vWm04hl.gif (340x227, 3.11M)

But I don't.

>Adobe Products
>Solidworks
>AutoCAD
That's pretty much it. No, the free software alternatives are not able to compete for professional use.

it werks and I've been using it since I first turned on a computer

Because it's what I'm used to and I dislike radical change

This.

developing is easier on windows if you develop for windows users. The toolchains are better on linux and even some OS shit is much less painfull. Supposedly gpu pipeline is more of a pain on linux but didn't face that yet.

GNU/Linux*

Because all the most productive software runs on it and I don't need a team of Linux wizards to maintain it. Also updating doesn't break everything and there's no "quirks" where there's incompatibility issues or features(code) missing in software. Do you trust big brother to protect you (and a majority of business) from the criminals
In exchange for some habit data? Or do you trust hackerman team down the street to white box test your janky free software. What You gonna audit it all yourself lol. I'll move back to gentoo once I do a desktop build but I'll be running Windows in a VM for those few applications that just have no real linux alternative.

Attached: 1523664748634.jpg (500x454, 140K)

Because I can't get multiple displays working on Debian or Arch, and I really don't want to deal with migrating all my data from Windows just yet.

Wrong, even Linux without gnu has this problem.

>updating doesn't break everything

Attached: 1526661927381-r9k.png (516x532, 553K)

Because I tried ubuntu dual boot and it didn't work, and I'm too afraid to replace windows entirely. I am now saving money to buy a new laptop, then I will be able to fully experiment with alternative OS.

Like everyone said, gaming.

And now the latest update fucked everything up.

Thx Microsoft.

Because devs don't port their games to Linux.

>He can't use GIMP, Inkscape and Blender

I bought a new laptop this winter, and I have brought myself to wipe it yet. I figure I can't keep complaining about Windows if I haven't actually used it in years. Haven't run into any significant problems yet, but the moment I do, I'm installing gentoo on this fucker.

Attached: bolt action awoo.jpg (1024x768, 364K)

>toolchains are better on linux
Not really. Yeah in the earlier days of mingw you could make this argument. Now though we have full linux subsystems for anything that's a true chore to handle in windows itself and, frankly speaking, most things aren't now.

Now, I would say that most mainstream Linux distros do have a prepacked and native toolchain that is better, but since virtually everyone is going to be pulling in a lot of third party to complete their kit these days I don't consider that relevant.

Also, using the platform you're developing for is a really old meme. We vagrant now.
>t. working from my GUN/Linux/Windows machine with emacs daily

I have a life

IntelliJ IDEA community has 32 bit I believe. Far superior to android studio

Dualbooting Tumbleweed and LTSB here, not a single complaint.

Id berks

>he thinks his subhuman tier librecunt alternative software in any way competes with professional tools
lol

Games
I never have to look at a command line. Ever.
Photoshop
General usability
Almost everyone is catering to Windows users due to market share.

I have tried using Linux at least 10 times, but every time I run into some idiotic issue that never cropped up on my Windows computers. I really don't see a reason to bother with it when Windows has so much more support.

Feel free to call me a brainlet for being against the use of CLI. I just don't see why a regular user should need to keep a list of commands on hand in 2018.

I can point you in the direction of plenty of people who work professionally with those three tools. But please, keep telling yourself the reason that your work is poor is that you haven't paid enough money for your software subscription this month.

>Why do you still use Windows?

Attached: tracer doing tracer things.jpg (2686x2295, 122K)

Software and video games.
Develop a meme that will allow me to do this natively on linux with >50% of Windblows performance and I will switch and never look back.

Point away.

Resetting preferences(which hasn't happened to me...mabye its cause I disabled Cortana) doesn't equal Xorg breaking so hard autodetect does nothing I updated Ubuntu once and it added a whole new screen upon boot dedicated to system errors which mostly had to do with LUKS mind you I could still log in but it was unsettling I'm sure it would of gotten worse and worse as I updated. O and dependency hell is evil.

maybe if you had taken a day to build your install yourself you'd know what those errors are and where they're coming from pretty quickly instead of blindly installing a distro
using Ubuntu is fine, but don't complain that you don't know what the fuck is going on when it goes to shit and all you did was click next 4 times

>everything uses windows
Nani?

youtube.com/user/AndrewPPrice
youtube.com/user/Blenderfan93
youtube.com/user/pitiwazou
youtube.com/user/GlebAlexandrov
youtube.com/user/fadespell
youtube.com/channel/UCgEWZe5DyLJGBk6qUC96NCg

Blender is great. Can't vouch for gimp though.

>6 examples of people using one of the mentioned tools
That's pretty sad, user. What large companies have switched to FOSS alternatives for commercial software? Surely these greedy corporations must be interested in saving money?

I want to get shit done

What a fun life you must have.

Word and Excel are extremely strong and prevalent in the workplace. The ability to track changes and attribute them to a user is very strong.
I play video games with friends. Especially those who moved away for work.

Because developing driver for windows is hard on linux duh

Autodesk softwares, Engineering softwares and it works.

studio ghibli uses blender

Muh games obviously

Remind me again why I should dedicate a whole day to learning about something I don't care about and I'm not even getting paid to build/fix. What am I gaining from knowing how to fix yet another GNU/Linux error? Don't give me faggot arch user answer either oh that's right you can't. I've used GNU/Linux for 8 years and tweaking gentoo for 2 weeks so everything works is not fun but fairly rewarding I will add.

this desu... it's too late for me to quit architecture

Because I'm an employed dev, user. I'm evidently not retarded enough to attempt justifying Linux desktop.

Only for two reasons now, to play Capitalism Lab and Victoria 2. I don't really play other games now a days and even most of my programming is on my laptop.

Most of my crap is in docker. OSX is nice and all but I could get by with Linux.
Hell I've been playing around with chromebooks since they have native container support in the dev channel now.

Cause I'm not haxx0r

Games
Software
Ez to use, less lost productivity
The only time I use Linux is on Kali, and you can guess why.

linux feels cheap

It just works.

try vscode. and learn your toolchains already. stop depending on an ide to build your project for you.

Ubuntu on desktop, windows on laptop :D

>Also, using the platform you're developing for is a really old meme. We vagrant now.
I'm not going to spend 6 hours building a cross compiler...

>implying i need an ide
>implying toolchains in windows are perfectly suited to the task of software development
what are you on about m9? just because you only know how to use inferior bash and gnu tools doesn't mean there aren't alternatives

Shit why aren't compilers built on java or mono or something? The one tool that should be in a vm and it isn't.

MS Office

because your shit pseudoOS stil can't to basic tasks such as videogames, if it can't do shit for kids I don't expect it to do shit for adults

You watch anime, fap to hentai and spend all your time 'ricing' your shitty xfce arch.
>implying vidya is wasted time compared to my superior lifestyle :DDDD

support and programs that I have had to support in the field, do you fuck sticks not understand that most companies use some sort of windows based app that stills runs on windows xp or 7?

Attached: 08637e9adb5759cfc0ff7117ec2b8575ac95d5e5c047253502f4e9f9dbf03397.png (461x390, 95K)

I have a lot of hardware that doesn't work at all in Linux or is an absolute pain in the ass to get working, and I really like certain windows programs for which the Linux "alternatives" are dogshit, and also games.

I understand, but the demons are coming man you have to get out of there

just play counter strike man you don't have to jerk off to overwatch and other demongames, it's bad for the soul it eats you and you have to GET OUT

Attached: qwe_download.png (449x236, 19K)

I have a windows partition that is used solely for CAD software, DAWs, and Warcraft 3 when I have no work to do. The rest of the time I am using Linux. I'm aware that Wine exists, but I always have small bugs/issues that make that not viable for me.

Corporations are afraid of change, and they make deals with Adobe and shit. They would never switch to free software.

optimus fucking laptop

Because of video games

>i love the way poop tastes, i've been eating it ever since i started eating

I don't have time to learn linux between Jow Forums and finishing an MBA.

Stop playing most games. Play some games.

Because 1. I am the most used to it and work most efficiently with it, and 2. Many programs I need only work on Windows.

I don't use windows.
Windows uses me.

I just want o play my games man.

I play gaymes

Attached: 1525294832613-g.jpg (400x400, 17K)

>vidya
>fun

Attached: 1366969361082.gif (172x149, 552K)

because audio input/output passtrough still does not work with kvm/qemu flawlessly

>Mac
>games
Mac has almost the same number of games as Linux. On steam Mac has only 50% more games than Linux, but only 1 game more than Linux in the top simultaneous players games. Which means almost every relevant/good game does have a Linux version. In comparison, Windows has 3x as many games as Mac and Linux.
The number of games is irrelevant when the large majority is garbage. It's better to have quality rather than quantity. Pic related.
Also, Linux and Windows are both standards for game emulators and are both more open systems than Mac. Linux is without a doubt a much better gaming system than MacOS.

Attached: State of Windows gaming.png (963x525, 327K)

It works. Linux didnt work.

It allows me to both play games and do my work. Linux couldnt deliver.

Its that simple.

christ, no. Unless you mean Visual studio

The ONLY, and I mean, ONLY, leg to stand on these windows cux have is their GAMES, VIDYA GAMES, IT'S ALWAYS THAT GAMESZZZ, UGH

To be honest, I only use Windows for some classes. I stopped playing videogames last month, started with GNU/Linux and I don't look back. I am more aware of what surrounds me, I am more social, more active, I've started going to the gym on the regular, I always start a conversation when I have the chance, I read a lot more about philosophy (stoic) and I am doing better on my classes. When I get fitter I'll start boxing.

Goodbye Windows.

Attached: 1526810059742.jpg (605x763, 216K)