Are "Coding Bootcamps" a meme? Can they really get you a decent job? What about Lambda school?

Are "Coding Bootcamps" a meme? Can they really get you a decent job? What about Lambda school?

Attached: space jam.jpg (774x960, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

online-learning.harvard.edu/course/cs50-introduction-computer-science
recurse.com/diversity
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Its a ponzi scheme for those bootcamps to get some ez cash and donations
you are better off learning your own pace and sending examples to employers

working hard will get you a decent fucking job, bootcamps can help but relying on them alone is for retards

Meme. Sure you'll learn the syntax of whatever language they teach but you'll be shit at using it. Only experience will make you not suck.

How does one get experience without a job which needs experience to qualify for? CS degree really the only way? All those self-taught websites just teach syntax but that's it.

Wrong, Wrong, and Wrong
My coding bootcamp has given jobs to more than 87% of our graduates in 6-9 months

wow that's amazing, which bootcamp was that! :D I've just got a pile of money ready to throw at my problem

i think he was memeing lad

no shit so was I you stupid cunt

>job

Like all jobs you experience, especially for something as daft as coding

People will give you things they want done, in a way that is presentable and accessible to them.. That's coding.

Have you ever heard of the Open Source community before?

Like personal little projects you put on Github after you already know how to program?

if you don't pay for it, I don't see a problem. Getting a decent job doesn't have much to do with the medium, it has to do with how much you learned afterwards and if you can apply it.

most of these 'bootcamps' seem good for basic syntax and loop operations and thats about it, but it's a foot in the door.

Arizona State University has an online Bachelors of CS and Software Engineering OP. it's kinda expensive but decent depending on your situation since it's accredited by ABET.

Of course you pay for it you imbecile, you think these people are learning that shit for free?

Actually yeah dude, they are learning that shit for free. There are plenty of interactive tutorial courses that cost zero monies. Companies have an incentive to provide free resources to people that will ultimately come and work for them.

you imbecile?

Show me one "bootcamp" that is 100% free of charge. Of course you'll come up with a braindead response like "Google it haha" because there are none that are free

you're joking right? I don't know any off the top of my head so i _did_ google it and instantly the first thing that came up was codeacademy's entire full free course offering.

Seriously just stop, you're making it more and more obvious you're in high school

god I wish i was in highschool, real life sucks sometimes. Anyway though I was completely right about what I said so are you just butthurt now?

Butthurt that you're a moron that doesn't know what he's talking about? Not at all

The coding bootcamps you attend in person? not sure.

Honestly just go on youtube, there's ton's of free HOW2CODE videos on there. I learned python & C++ through watching youtube videos.

online-learning.harvard.edu/course/cs50-introduction-computer-science

Harvard provides a free CS course, you can pay like 120 for a cert if you want but yeah.

go to recurse center
changed my life

>get experienced building portfolio
>show portfolio to employer
>get hired on the spot because everyone else just has qualifications with no proof of ability

don't know what I'm talking about? i said there are free courses, you called bullshit, i proved you wrong. you tell me to stop? you lost jackass just give up and give me a big ol kiss

The benefit of bootcamps, and also college desu, is that you actually get semi-competent people to look at your code and give you suggestions.

It's hard to know what you're doing wrong, especially when your code still works.

Not that guy but the first thing you bring up is Codeacademy which teaches you nothing but babby tier intro syntax. You don't learn anything worthwhile if you want to actually get experience.

Theres high quality pdfs floating around for just about anything you could ever want to learn. No one is gonna look at a resume and see "Code Bootcamp? Hire this man!", so just learn it yourself.

He wants to get paid for his work tho

>just move to new york bro

Attached: 1427777021324.jpg (250x250, 37K)

plenty of people do, often internationally
if you're in special snowflake victim groups (women, trans, """nonbinary""", black) they'll even give you a stipend.

NYC is one of the most expensive places in America.

recurse.com/diversity
>You’re eligible for a grant if you identify as a woman (cis or trans), trans*, genderqueer, non-binary, Black, Latinx, Native American, or Pacific Islander. Since the Recurse Center is free for everyone, the grants are intended to be used for living expenses during your batch. You can use your grant for housing, food, childcare, or anything else you need during your time here. For a twelve week batch you may request a grant of between $500 and $7,000.

who can live there off this little?

you would need some savings or money from a parent, obviously.
the way they fund their operations is through placement fees with employers so they're motivated to make sure you get a job afterwards
no guarantees obviously though

I gotta find something online. 25, fucked up in college when I started and don't qualify for CS at my local school (could do another degree but I wanna stick to this) Stuck in Florida for the time being. Probably gonna do this since they're ABET accredited and a fairly ok school.

theres also the georgia tech masters in cs program