Linux Dual Boot question

What is the ideal setup for dual-booting Windows 10 and a linux distro (probably Kubuntu)?

> A: Single SSD with Win10 on one partition, and linux on another partition
or
> B: Two SSD's, one OS on each

Currently have a setup with option A, and it's ran decently well, but wondering if B would be better performance-wise and whatnot.

Thoughts?

Attached: anime.jpg (900x500, 41K)

on the first boot, install gentoo

and then on the second boot

gpu passthrough exists

It wouldn't make any difference unless the other SSD was faster.

Wouldn't you have to fuck around with your boot order or choose your boot drive each time through UEFI? I don't see the point of doing it on two drives if that's the case

And yet WINE still doesn't work on every gane

the way to do it is to not. Windows is proprietary software that spies on you. You wouldn’t willingly infect yourself with HIV, would you?

> 66021255
> 6655
> on the first boot, install gentoo
> boot gentoo
> oo oo
> and then on the second boot
> boot
> oo

> 66 55 oo oo oo

Attached: 1516858327586.jpg (474x473, 12K)

Does it run Office 13 and AutoCAD without a compatibility layer with a million bugs? Didn't think so

that's kinda my initial thought

maybe, idk. I still have to choose which os to boot into in grub every time, so wouldn't it be the same essentially?

ideally i'd like to just have 1 os, but i gotta have windows unfortunately for vidya gaems and adobe cc

Depends on how much work to do to get it dual booting in the first place. I had to do a bcdedit just to set GRUB as the default bootloader and after a major update, it reverts to the "default" windows boot manager. A second SSD would probably make my life easier.

You can get GRUB to detect operating systems on other drives. That way, you can set the linux partition as the top of the boot order and have GRUB give you a list of operating systems to choose from every startup.

B is superior, but the only real advantage it gives you is that Windows won't kill your GRUB so much.

That and more space obviously.

ç

ps4 exists

>paying additional money instead of downloading the win10 iso and kms it

>fixed specs
>paying for every little thing
>no mods

just use passthrough. the only excuse for using Windows is for gaming (which you can use the passthrough for), or if you're not good with computers. which, you arent or else you wouldnt be here.

>ideal setup
>Windows 10
Pick one

B Masterrace Reporting

real life exists