ITT we discuss 3d printers

ITT we discuss 3d printers

Attached: serveimage.png (1011x1024, 1.02M)

/thread

Is there a good buyers guide?

Fpbp

These

this is /diy/ territory, go to the general.

Why? 3d printers are technology.

I want to buy that exact same one desu

no it isn't you fucking idiot it'd be DIY if he wanted to build his own 3d Printer

take your autism elsewhere.
because you wont get meaningful responses here.

Eh, while I do agree that diy would provide better wanders, it would be much slower.

It's not autism it's a fact that it does not belong in /diy/ unless he is building something.

here's your (you), its my last one.

Among my other printers I have three creality cr-10 s5 printers, they do print but the quality could be much better. A prusa can make smoother prints, but the printbed volume of s5 is unmached.
So far my fav is Rostock v3

Attached: 2.jpg (1000x1000, 304K)

>bought a tronxy x1 from gearbest as i don't have much money but wanted a 3d printer
>received it 5 weeks late but whatever
>put the thing together and discover there's under-extrusion, think it's config related
>spend two weeks fucking around only to discover the e moter is basically dead and all other motors are dying
>contact tronxy
>spend three weeks convincing them of the issue
>they replace the motherboard
>took 12 weeks
>contact again after motherboard bullshit
>they send another motherboard then close ticket
>open another ticket, explain the bullshit, they cancel the motherboard (hadn't even sent it yet) and they say they've sent a replacement motor set for the printer
>receive "motors" 9 weeks later
>only one motor
>contact tronxy again, get ticket closed on me again
>can't open tickets over the order anymore
>contact main business
>no reply but two days later I can open tickets again
>open another ticket
>tell them of bullshit again, spend two more days on this convincing them to send me the shit i fucking paid for
>they agree and send the "motors"
>15 weeks later (now) still nothing
might i also add to this that in each ticket i had to walk them through my problem repeatedly take videos and pictures and in doing this the rest of my motors stopped working completely and each time it would take fucking days as they have message limits and reply once every 48 hours (you can't send two messages directly after each other you have to receive one first).
all in all its been about a year since i first bought this fucker and still haven't gotten what i paid for instead i've received broken parts and metal scraps

anyway moral of the story, don't buy cheap Chinese shit no matter how good others reviews are and their experiences were

Too much hassle
Maintenance sucks ass (shit breaks often and easily)
Most are shit quality, decent quality is overpriced
No full automated workflow, time sink (have to do stuff to the print after the fact)

can they print themselves yet?

What was Terry's contribution to 3d printing?

Bought a X1 as well. Works flawless. You can't unchink what has been chinked, burgerman.

Attached: thumbs_up.jpg (233x431, 33K)

Soon printing a vagina of certain size and shape will be illegal.

Yeah, don't buy it.

Jow Forums is consumer electronics, not technology.

/diy/ is the place for that, there's always a 3D Printing general there, with actual useful discussion and not snarky philistine comments

Every time I see a 3d printer I think of this one idiot who was playing GTAV and telling everyone in the lobby he was going to use his 3d printer he bought for >$2000 to print other 3d printers and sell to recoup his money.

Maker Select 3D Printer v2 is a good printer when it goes on sale at monoprice. There is also like 3 or 4 mods that make it even better.

OP here. Nevermind, figured it out.

This
Are 3D printers the quintessential basedtech?