Cypherpunk Manifesto >>

Cypherpunk Manifesto >>activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html

◘ Cyberpunk Manifesto >>project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html

∆ Hacker Manifesto >>phrack.org/issues/7/3.html

± Guerilla Open Access Manifesto >>archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt

▓ Fables, realities, prophecies and mythology of a community:

░ What is cyberpunk >>pastebin.com/hHN5cBXB

▀ The importance of a cyberpunk mindset applied to a cybersecurity skillset.: >youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk

● Cyberpunk directory: >pastebin.com/VAWNxkxH

▬ Cyberpunk resources >pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx

▐ Cybersecurity essentials/resources

>pastebin.com/SCUbhpjP
>pastebin.com/VTXRAPxM

Cntrl + F Basic Knowledges, Basic Training, Arms/Arm >pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX

▼ Endware: Heavy armor for anons, by anons >>endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html

⦿ Shit just got real: >pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0

S archive: textfiles.com

Cybersecurity essentials/resources:
Reference books:
>mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw
>PASSWORD : ABD52oM8T1fghmY0

ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/

Thread Archive
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/cyb/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/sec/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//

Last threads:

Attached: 1501828858276.png (1920x1080, 2.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/uwigl3.png
econ.st/2KGBMqb
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Credit_System
comicbook.com/anime/2018/05/02/alita-battle-angel-cinemacon-footage/
sam.zeloof.xyz/first-ic/
scmp.com/culture/film-tv/article/2145664/will-dragons-delusion-be-science-fiction-film-hong-kong-deserves
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cyberpunk has nothing to do with cybersecurity.

larping is the most important part of cybersecurity

apart from filling the title
fml

Stop forgetting the fucking subject heading!

that's so much stuff. where do i start?

Attached: 1525524615265.jpg (640x480, 61K)

With learning programming, otherwise you'll just become a skid.

I know Python. So, C next?

You should've really started with C as it instills good habits. But yes, move onto C.

will do!

Attached: 1520283339600.gif (312x334, 1.2M)

Nice anime.

Haskell instills better habits. Learn that instead.

Attached: eternal.jpg (387x550, 78K)

¡¡¡DO
NOT
LEARN
HASKELL!!!
Jesus, no!

I would learn Haskell if I had any use for a functional programming language. I'm just a brainlet tier CS student. Brainlet tier CS students learn Python and if that makes sense to them maybe move onto something that gives you more control over computer resources and stuff.

Attached: 1524080578000.gif (500x737, 513K)

What if I know C++ instead?

That'll do too.
generally speaking, you'll want one scripting language for the quick 'n dirty stuff. but if you need to get something out to another box, you can't rely on the availability of external runtimes, frameworks or interpreters so you'll want compiled code.

You should've learnt C first.

How about Rust? It is used in Redox-OS, sadly no new release for months even though the lead programmer is working day and night.

>go to sleep
>laptop comes out of hybernation on its own, the networking card is going crazy
>turn it off
>go back to sleep
>Xbox One turns itself on at night

Wtf is this shit?

Attached: 1479590891717.jpg (657x387, 39K)

its nevers too late user.

Attached: Sal.png (507x379, 152K)

Asian engineering.

I couldn't choose my schools curriculum QQ

>no heading title

Report that faggot, don't reply.

>detect weird network activity
>not firing up wireshark

Attached: u doin it wrong.jpg (525x429, 62K)

im going to leave this here since i cant post it

files.catbox.moe/uwigl3.png

Attached: 1321093517039.png (2000x2000, 426K)

Attached: 8522025f8a336e4a87b682e191868bc7.jpg (1920x1200, 297K)

holy shit so much fail in that link, 50% doesn't do shit.
>disable windows event logging
good fucking idea
now you can't even tell is there's someone fucking with your box

>this whole fucking post

Attached: 1525395708261.png (625x773, 111K)

Hey anyone want a chrome bug? Heres one for free:
const a=/./g.exec("a");a.length=0;class B extends RegExp{constructor(){super(".","g"),this.n=0}exec(e){return 0==this.n++?a:null}}"a".match(new B);
Try it, it should crash any chrome tab on the most recent chrome ;)

it makes me sad that these threads never hit their reply limit before going 404.

how do we shill the cyberpunk aesthetic to bring other anons on board?

The last two threads expired early, but many before that did a good run beyond 310. Trouble is different demographics in different time zones. Night in Europe is when this general has the greatest chance of expiring.

I think the best we can do is to keep this thread interesting and comfy. I think this is the number one most comfy on Jow Forums, not everyone has noticed yet.

Which plastice gun is the most /cyb/?

I don't even know what all this is, and the only reason I'm remotely interested is because of your post... what is it? For people who want to have some cyber...se...curity? I dunno.

General format threads are cancer, you are cancer, this thread in particular is cancer.

Daily reminder that these are the sort of subhumans that post in these threads.

Attached: installgen2lainchanwedding.png (1600x1066, 1.66M)

2d cyberwaifus

What's your opinion about China and its government? Dictatorship, mass surveilance, centralization, gathering people's DNA data, destroying nature.. Dystopia that we seek is right over their, Jow Forumsuys?
I don't think this is not just a problem of China. I don't care what happened inside the Great firewall. But they will be huge engine for making suck world.
Like what, someone is possible to say "We are fighting with terrorism. Surveillance is the best weapon for terrorism. China is perfect for national security. Let's imitate China." or "Chink techs are growing high as they gathers user data illegally. We should delete 'don't be evil' on our CoC either". Their backdoors are problem in themselves. Beware of dystopia of Xi
So what do you think about it? How would you react to this situation? Or could hacktivists make something against? thanks

>year is 2047
>RC has overthrown SWIFTNet and controls world finance
>dystopian russian/chinese cyberpunk future started decades ago
>silicon valley has been hollowed out and is a derelict wasteland akin to late 20th century detroit
>fart sniffing SV meatspace burgeoisie have been devastated economically
>they are now scattered across east asia chasing the New Century Dream
>"i used to have a blue check on twitter!" the former upper middle class suburbanite from palo alto cries
>as he shills his outdated skill set to po chang in a subtier recruitment center on the outskirts of shanghai
>his 30 years of experience in javascript web development are as useful as a rust belters 30 years of experience on a ford assembly line
>as a result he takes unstable freelance smart contracts doing gray market tasks that upper middle class chinese teenages cant be caught doing, as it will negatively affect their social credit score

>China
It is a pressure boiler even the central government fears will burst. That is the reason for the truly massive surveillance. Essentially they use tech to remain in power but still fear a collapse. As the former East Block shows even an iron grip cannot stop people from seeking freedom. A collapse would be very, very ugly.

IMO we shouldnt. More people just waters everything down.
Its a faulty system. From what I know most of the censorshit methods aside from the great firewall are mostly useless. Police only do their jobs when gov't officials are around, data the gov't doesn't want spread still gets spread through proxies and WeChat. Its a corrupt government for sure but it seems slow and somewhat inept, although if there were major ways hackers could circumvent this shit its either already been done or is being done. I can't see the populous changing anything and since most of its efforts are so worthless I can't see other governments wanting to emulate it or doing so with success

China is unpleasant enough that Chinese want to leave:
econ.st/2KGBMqb
>Why many rich Chinese don’t live in China

China has also lost its lustre as a preferred place for expats. The pollution is simply out of control. We get a lot of verbiage about cleaning up but then again this is one of the most corrupt countries on this planet.

Bump.

>social credit score
You know what's funny about this?
It already exists in China.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Credit_System

Thanks. Not sure why so quiet, when we have news, like

=== /cyb/ News:
>'Alita: Battle Angel' Screens Test Footage, Fans React
comicbook.com/anime/2018/05/02/alita-battle-angel-cinemacon-footage/
>The live-action adaptation of the Battle Angel Alita manga, Alita: Battle Angel, is due out in December and new footage of the film recently screened at CinemaCon. However, it sounds like that new footage was met with mixed response.

Good news, the FTP site is up again
ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/

To avoid hidden backdoors, you can design your chips yourself, transistor by transistor:
sam.zeloof.xyz/first-ic/
This was done by a high school student. Intense.

=== /cyb/ News:
>Comic artist Kong Kee crowdfunds a cyberpunk anime; will it be the science fiction film Hong Kong deserves?
scmp.com/culture/film-tv/article/2145664/will-dragons-delusion-be-science-fiction-film-hong-kong-deserves
>Hong Kong has been used as a setting for cyberpunk films but does not have any to call its own. A comic artist hopes to change that with Dragon’s Delusion, an anime tale of emperors and cyborgs set in 1960s Hong Kong

some cool shit
I condensed it for you:
"a".match(new class _ extends RegExp {
exec(s){return /./g.exec(s);}
}(/./g))

I don't understand why this could happen though desu.

Anyone on that pic also here? Or just lainchan regulars?

in the land of the street 'loo maybe, otherwise no.
you can stop larping now.

I thought they did Java only.

well, you're retarded.

>you can stop larping now

Attached: 1524195801253.jpg (720x719, 239K)

Why should I believe someone who cannot even work the shift-key? Proof? Examples? Or just words?

>down again
ahahahahahha

Report, don't reply to him.

just use your common sense

1) they learn imperative programming. maybe they use java for that. let java be x
2) they learn declarative programming. you can't use java for that. maybe they use prolog for that.
3) they learn functional programming. you can't (now you sorta can but not really) use java for that. maybe they use haskell for that

we have thusly proved by deduction that they learn at least three languages if their degree is supposed to be worth a shit by using nothing more than our noggin.

forget the "let java be x"

I wanted to use set notation but then decided against it because it'd be lost on yall anyways.

Whenever you see people interested in a cyberpunk related content tell them there is more. Cyberpunk has everything to do with cybersecurity, fashion, even entertainment, and people often don't know where to get more. Take for example Blade Runner 2045, some may not even know the 80's film. Or cybersecurity news, quality news are worth much these days and cyberpunk can bring context and a myriad of related information to news like security breaches concerning privacy or even just corporate security.

Think about it the next time you see somebody talking about these topics.

Somebody fucked up with the uncanny valley face in that movie.

A huge majority agrees with you in that. I hope they will try another trek across the valley. Avatar pulled off a position just across the valley from where we are, Alita tries to be on this side of the deepest part but is too uncomfortable.

>fashion
Got some inputs to the FAQ here?

>cyberpunk

you're in the wrong neighborhood boyo
[0.20904956180925124, 0.20904956180925124]

unironic bump in interest

I'm not a /fa/ expert, but probably some sort of cargo pants. I wear pants with a lot of pockets to carry a fairly extensive EDC. Pocket knife, multi-tool (leatherman wave), extra bit for the multi-tool driver, electric lighter, nitrile gloves, wallet, hair ties, keychain with flash drives, flashlight, and a pen on it, my phone, and microfiber cleaning cloth. I've got a Gemini PDA coming near the end of the month, then that will become an important part of my EDC.

Can't say the rest of my outfit(s) are thought out or /cyb/ in any way. I imagine mostly dark clothing, but that's probably debatable. Are graphic tees more /cyb/ than plain shirts since they're generally advertising something?

Why do you carry all this stuff with you? What do you do?

Prepare to be disappointed. I'm just a NEET with a fetish for being prepared. I probably have more times where someone else needs a pliers or something than I run into situations where I need my kit myself, but it's still cool when I can pull something out of my pocket instead of someone having to go find something. The nitrile gloves are both one of the weirdest things I carry, and something I'll recommend the most. They're thin and they can be compressed quite a bit, but they're still gloves. I feel a lot better climbing around or touching dirty things with them on. I got a big box of them from amazon, but I haven't done anything nasty enough to warrant throwing out the first pair yet.

I've also had days where I just wear pajama pants, and then I end up needing something I'd normally be carrying. I want to lighten up my load a little bit, but I'm never sure what's least necessary. I don't smoke or anything, so the lighter mostly goes unused. I've never ended up using the bitkit for my multi-tool, but if I leave it at home when my multi-tool is with me, I don't know when I'd use it.

if you want to be cyberpunk /fa/ just start saving up for guerilla group, cavempt, acronym, stone island, etc
or just buy your own goretex and 3m high vis shit and sew it yourself.
i've been thinking about making some nice breathable 3/4 pants for the summer that are also waterproof/windproof.

Attached: 2_5c230ec9-e7a9-4886-b952-67af629069c9_2048x2048.jpg (2048x1794, 281K)

>0.20904956180925124, 0.20904956180925124
>Gulf of Guinea
I thought Cyberpunk might be OK with rainy neon lit cityscape. Submerged in the ocean is new to me.

I also like to be prepared, but I don't like having everything in my pockets. I just keep things in my backpack. That includes swiss knife, some small screwdrivers, flashlight, powerbank, phone charger, notebook and pen.

>pen
>knife
>in backpack
>Hold on I have a pen right here *rustle* just a minute I'll get it *rustle* just let me find it *rustle*

Attached: 14582445486.jpg (1920x1608, 676K)

In that case, what DO you keep in your pockets then?

Attached: 25615696.jpg (1920x1080, 569K)

Is high visibility really Cyberpunk??

Attached: gryllotalpa_orientalis_character10_344.jpg (937x1257, 334K)

lmao this thread going to die because of retard op

Erm, why?

Attached: nathan-anderson-neuromains-by-deimos-remus.jpg (1920x1536, 429K)

I don't use it that often, so it's fine.

Phone, keys, wallet.

Cavempt has a really creative website. Clothes look like shit though.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 23.36.10.png (1918x961, 1.14M)

Is there any way to be /cyberpunk/ without using plaintext to write documents?

He's probably referencing the fact that the thread title is missing so people might not know this is cyb+sec

Attached: f24b5863917931.5ac14e331ad01[1].png (1400x788, 3.82M)

Attached: 2ddfaa51424063.58ed1b49a6a4d[1].jpg (600x397, 119K)

yeah thats what i was referencing

Attached: af579c51424063.58ed1d2b1775f[1].jpg (600x397, 30K)

google techwear

Attached: techwear.png (736x736, 708K)

Attached: 401ad051424063.58ed1d2bae0ab[1].jpg (600x255, 28K)

Attached: b3a2da51424063.58ed1d30142fa[1].jpg (600x397, 52K)

Attached: 9673ca61340891.5a6b1afc761e4[1].jpg (1200x1763, 167K)

Attached: faf67f58686731.5a05475b9d2eb[1].gif (383x510, 1.94M)

Attached: dc05ad1e07cbf539d1cd623f64f08caf[1].jpg (564x848, 57K)

Attached: 11abe0acd591aad109840b4afca4d8d2[1].jpg (564x771, 52K)

Why do millennials link to the xkcd meme every single time passwords are being discussed? Have millennials never heard of dictionary attacks?

Attached: questions.jpg (353x332, 17K)

:)

Attached: Botnet.png (649x945, 360K)

Probably because this thread isn't much different from /hmg/ and sec-interested anons go there instead

>this thread isn't much different from /hmg/
Really? This thread is far more comfy and also productive. We have two FAQs, while /hmg/ noodles around in circles, going nowhere fast.

i have looked through all of the pastebins and guides and have tightened my system substantially. but i never got to learn how to program, and i wanted to learn c first, where should i start? is there a specific book that Jow Forums reccomends

one would think a cyberpunk enthusiast would keep things organized in their backpack, yeah?

Looks like a good example of earlier complaints: lots of useless straps and flaps, too easy to get caught in anything. Shouldn't there instead be a purpose?

K&R
Understanding C will come down to how well you understand how the memory works, which means put extra time into learning pointers, structs, casting (including casting pointers and structs and pointers to structs), and debugging
next priority should be learning the compiler itself, gcc, including macros and preprocessor shit
the book Hacking: The Art of Exploitation 2e is a good read for memory stuff