Google bans whole company over one TOS violation

reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/8kvias/tifu_by_getting_google_to_ban_our_entire_company/

I hope you don't do anything stupid with your linked account. It would be a shame if anything would happen to it, would it?

Attached: file.png (720x270, 202K)

Well that's why you don't rely on (((free))) services when doing business.

this.
As nice as SAAS is administration wise, i'd never outsource or rely on it other than for CDN and maybe backup too.

>Red letters
>Your big bro
what.jpg

>gsuite
>free
Lol nope

>bring down your whole software company
>make a post about it with more than enough information to identify yourself
>on reddit, a site frequented by many people working in the tech industry
that OP is really fucking dumb.

I've used plenty of Google services at work but I didn't realize there were companies that relied entirely on Google. I read the Reddit post and it seemed like the only emails employees have are Google accounts.

my company uses google for absolutely everything

Now this is sad

lmao this guy believes the shit posted on Jow ForumsTIFU

is used by*

Oh the daily reminder not to use Google products for anything important

Yeah, this is why you should fucking get competent IT people to set you up with your own enterprise email service, hosted on your own servers with daily backups.

If you absolutely want to use Google, just set up your company mail service to forward all mail to your Google address or something.

Why do people work like this? Is it for convenience? I mean what the fuck?

>As a joke, every time my friend releases an app (usually paid), I buy the app and clone it with my software, and then refund it. After that, I send him an e-mail with the cloned version through Gmail with something along the lines of: "Look at this cool app I found on the store, it was completely free! Try it out!", or stupid shit like that. It was a bit of a stupid inside joke that kind of stuck for a while and was only between us.

Hahaha great inside joke guys totally didn't do anything suspicious here :)

this has been re-shared on Jow Forumssysadmin

>linking directly from plebbit
Hahahaohwow
Kill yourself OP

doesn't matter.
one guys shitty behaviour shouldnt be able to bring down a whole company

>he is getting gold for this post
What did reddit mean by this?

>Yeah, this is why you should fucking get competent IT people to set you up with your own enterprise email service, hosted on your own servers with daily backups.

>implying some creative agency thats paying their staff 60k/yr is going to have the budget to actually hire a competent IT staff to manage their servers.

>We were all freaking out, our IT guys were trying to get a hold of Google but couldn't get in touch with anyone.

That's the worst thing about G-Suite. They have the nerve to charge you for it but there's no support and if you do finally get someone it's Pajeet who calls you back a week later and doesn't understand the problem anyway.

>hurr all companies should set up their own enterprise email solution
You neets are so fucking stupid

To be honest it's the company's own fault for placing all their eggs in a single bucket. Google's terms are google's terms.

Each self-respectable tech company with more than 25 employers should do that

>trusting the googlighting stranger

Attached: gsmarena_001.jpg (668x376, 69K)

For those wondering why Microsoft is still dominant, this is why. If MS did this somehow, they would have this resolved in like an hour max.

So what would you recommend they do? Use 2 email providers?

Yep. Windows 10 might be a piece of shit but their enterprise stuff and cloud services are on point.

Indeed. I also like Outlook as a client better than Gmail, but I am probably the only person in the world.

You'd really hire a guy and get the hardware to run email for 25 people? Keep in mind the most expensive plans from google and microsoft cap at $25/user/mo ($300/user per year) ($7500/25 users per year).

Nah, but they shouldn't use Jewgle. Microsoft is objectively better for business.

no, your are not the only person, there's more including me, user.

I use Google for business. Especially Google Docs collaborative functions are nice (although I dislike the rights management). I wouldnt mind if my business account would get banned. But if my personal email indirectly tied to it would get banned I'd be pretty pissed.

This guy is a complete retard for doing what he does as he should be aware that massive corporations do not have a sense of humor when it comes to ToS violations. That said it makes absolutely no sense to ban every user that's ever been in contact with him.

I'd sue them desu.

Only works if you have a cool big bro called EU

Attached: 1523882200961.png (270x344, 52K)

People will always compromise their freedom for the sake of convenience, it has to bite them on the was before they learn.

If you want to compromise freedom for convenience choose microsoft. Google is unreliable.

Why would you allow personal and work accounts to be connected? That's terrible company policy.

This is what personal accounts are for. If it's not directly related to your job, use your personal account, not work account. These two clowns should be fucking fired.

Google offers architecture for literally every need
I've worked for companies that use Google suite for all their communication and cloud storage, build dashboards and tools on sheets and bigquery, spend 5-6 figures monthly on adwords, and run phone banks off custom chrome plugins

Google is to email what Amazon is to shopping...

>outsourcing backup
Risky

He did say he was going to denounce himself anyway. Why I don't know

not him, but its not risky, but ive read stories where its fucking pain in the ass to restore shit from backup and they charge you for it

Not really. Just use a real cloud backup provider with service contracts in place like Datto instead of a shitty consumer operation like Carbonite.

that is stupid, but I understand in little companies
Still, it is stupid

Bruh, nobody with more than 200 users is spinning up local exchange servers anymore. Everything is hosted. Welcome to

take this with huge grain of salt
gsute does not really work like that
could be that in a week there will be Jow Forumsquityourbullshit post

Attached: 1024x1024.jpg (1024x682, 60K)

>not risky
>oh well but the restore process can be a pain in the ass

Yeah the restore process is the most crucial part of a backup. An SLA violation can be pretty expensive for you.

>and they charge you for it

So they basically encourage you to not do regular restore-tests, that's awful.

The only issue I've had with Google support (as an admin of a business account) is dealing with sales people for getting new features. That shit is trash.
Actual support has always been immediately available over chat (Max 5 min wait). Dunno what you fuckers are doing

Google is evil™
The convience is great, don't get me wrong, but with things like this, having no support, no one to handle your case is just awful service. Free or Paid.

Also, Amazon and Microsoft do it better.

>having your entire company's business model rely on a tech giant who can just ban your ass at any time for any or no reason with no fucks given
what could possibly go wrong?

yeah, all that
but not risky!
its solid and is often hilariously cheap, like backblaze with $50 annually.
still we put onsite backups too
I recently started to deploy urbackup servers in small business
pretty damn nice

No lmao, I love Outlook. I don’t want to use a web browser as my email client because it’s slow as fuck, I want something local that just connects to gmails server.

If you can't rely on a company that provides a service you need, do you just do without?
If this was Amazon instead, would that somehow be different?
What if they had been banned from Exchange and Azure?

It's clearly an issue with an automated policy which needs to be fixed. The solution is for Google to fix something that's broken, the company to fire the dude (and retrain everyone who linked personal accounts) for not being able to compartmentalize, not for companies to abandon everything about the most profitable/efficient model of resource management. Y'all buggin.

had a weird feeling never to buy anything through google services and this is why

FUCK google

>I’ll literally just steal apps by constantly buying and refunding, then screenshot my deed what could possibly go wrong
>WTF my whole company got banned because I guess it apparently violates TOS? I had no idea!!

Attached: image.jpg (213x237, 29K)

i'm talking about relying on ONE third-party company for the ENTIRE infrastructure.

of course if all you care about is convenience/profit and think this is only a policy issue, then by all means submit yourself and your business to the botnet, but then have the balls to accept that if you were to do anything to piss the botnet off in any way, you're absolutely fucked.

>posts about it on tifu instead of using a more sensible platform like a blog

Attached: 1487131022791.png (657x527, 24K)

My boss set up our email server himself when we had ~7 employees, really paying off now that we’re closer to 20

Companies in China do this with massive clusters of people and accounts, you can shut down a whole sweatshop of apk thieves this way

should have been posted on Jow Forumscreativewriting because it's obviously bullshit.

>trusting google
>ever

Attached: google flag.jpg (1000x600, 143K)

This is so sad! Can we hit 10.000 upvotes?

Attached: the.png (115x164, 42K)

Back when I was managing a google apps for business account I would always get cute sounding Scottish women. Most likely a tactic used by Google with pilot accounts

Managing deliverability yourself is a full time job.

cock.li does not have this problem

Takes a couple of minutes to spin up your own webmail service, provided you're not hosting it on a spamhaus'd range. It's not like you need a 420 core Xeon to host an email service, heck, even an old Celeron from 2008 will do just fine up to like 500 users provided you give it plenty of ram and disk space. It's not like you're bitcoin mining on the server.

Setup is not the issue, deliverability, filtering, user management, archiving, discovery, and making it all available to the company in a presentable format are what people want today

Because he's not a total piece of shit and actually feels responsible for fucking up the lives of so many people.

I know that's a foreign concept to faggots like you but good people do actually exist.

This.

Someone post a pastebin or summary please.
I ain't going to that site.

I'd feel bad but I gotta eat, wouldn't get fired if I could avoid it. Especially over something this stupid.

>Microsoft do it better.
>Have you tried to restart your computer & update your drives?
>I have to put you on hold for 10 minutes, sir. The nearest designated street is two blocks away & I can't hold it any longer.

it means you give Reddit money because you like a post of one of the users.

>Google is doing what they want with their property
>"gegege they're, like, communist le joos XDDD"
No (You) for you today, OP.

Are you serious? That costs money?

those android developer total bans are no joke. i was banned in 2013. can't buy anything from google since. no android apps, extra drive storage, etc. pain in the balls and they won't listen to anything, 5 years later! i was spamming though

if you put this low amount of effort into bait you should get permabanned

>artists and actors are more important than engineers

This is why western civilization is failing

>huur google is communist
>guy gets banned for being a fuckwit and cloning paid apps

If you put this low of an effort into your critical thinking skills you should just kill yourself

yes

just stop posting, autist

Not an argument

no u

get off your phone, faggot

poor fag email :))

u mad? u seem mad

cringe

>know the rules
>steal anyway
>get banned
>complain
Well deserved.

Capitalism let me have two phones, what are you going to do about it cuck

My boss got angry when I told him we should stop relying on other companies for our IT. Apparently I was paranoid.

And now I read this shit.

Attached: a02.png (526x389, 273K)

>one guys shitty behaviour shouldnt be able to bring down a whole company
Says who? The written stuff you agree to sure says otherwise.

super duper cringe :*

Time to start sending resumes out user

Do it before one of your coworkers starts going full retard

mega cringe

O.o

Nowhere near as dumb as having your company's critical infrastructure wholly dependant on a completely untrustworthy company who doesn't even offer customer support.

>violate tos
>get punished
BASED GOOGLE