Webdev is programming

>webdev is programming

Attached: 2Q==.jpg (259x194, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

css-tricks.com/tales-of-a-non-unicorn-a-story-about-the-trouble-with-job-titles-and-descriptions/
copy.sh/v86/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>look for jobs
>enter "programming" in the search field
>hundreds of webdev offers
>hundreds of java dev
>a few sysadmin/tech support "devops"
>0 c or c++
i thought c at least is widely used language?

Using scripting language = coding
Using proframming language = programing
??
Or not?
But.. nobody cares anyway. We all do what we like

It's because of someone else's web development that you have a public outlet to post this thread.

WebDev = the game that moves as you play, with changing pieces, with changing rules, while everyone sees it through a different window, with different abilities

You gotta be good to stay on top.
You must learn constantly.

Attached: julia-stiles-1.jpg (1905x897, 116K)

C is a legacy language. Nothing new is being done in it, and the few remaining stuff in C are being gradually replaced.
It's a language that's so old it's buffer overflow-prone because back then there was no memory protection.

I don't blame people when they think webdev is shit desu.

A lot of jobs and companies are just wordpress shitters that would rather install a $15 theme and call it a day than actually make a real website, a lot of websites are just made by people who can't even fizzbuzz but they sure can install a theme.

Most 'website builders' focus on the non-programming parts of the job like SEO, client satisfaction, analytics etc, not specifically pushing the limits of JS to do anything cool, because most shit can be done with simple DOM manipulation.

Yeah, but that's only because there is a new Javascript Webframe-Meme every frggin month.

That's what the clients want. Small business dont want to pay out of their ass for a custom website without third party plugins.

all the fucking backend optimization is programming you fucking retard. webdev is more than doing HTMLz nowadays kys

Cheap clients want cheap results, nothing new here

>work with 90% bootstrap shit and php
>title "programmer"
>paid close to six figures in a moderate CoL city
loving every laugh

The $130k I make a year says otherwise.

Sorry it moves to fast for you. Try sticking with asp.net

Not really correct, almost all libraries that require to work on many platforms/languages are being written in C/C++, for example new audio/video codecs, databases, blockchain applications, software for embedded devices and other "core" functionality; most which requires innovation.

Most of the libraries are created by companies that already have developers, or created by group of people that make it open source or a group of people that know each other already and make something new, rather than big companies that want code monkeys for their enterprise java application

They are all written in C++. Nobody starts a new project in C except for autists.

Wrong, it's "coding" according to these guys

Attached: 18955107_10212265437498554_878108837147526214_o.jpg (997x997, 51K)

Literally 95%+ of microcontrollers and fpga (only for low level where VHDL or verilog can't be used) boards use C and probably will for at least 30 years. Maybe if you weren't a CS brainlet you'd know

It's barely scripting

Wow so the 1% of the programmers that code for microcontrollers still are stuck using a legacy language. No one gives a shit.

Bait?
Do you realize how ubiquitous microcontrollers are and how much they're used? But then again CS was full of monkeys so I can't be upset they don't know anything

Whatever buddy. Enjoy your 60k a year job writing C.

Sorry I'm an electrical engineer who made 67k straight out of college :^)

Is that supposed to be a lot?
I make 3x that writing Javascript.
I know some welders who make 500k a year right after their apprenticeship.

t. webdev

I'm making 100k after 4 years, not bad being 27. My job at a power plant consists of me shitposting and working 3 hours a day, so I'm not too upset

Also live in a low cost of living where I live like a king

what do you do?

Is it private power plant ?
Where do you live?

Private and Michigan

yeah, but when somebody pushes limits (like Yours Truly here) in trippy, cool, canvas animations, svg, video, use of colors and layout, they want your business. I don't sell myself to clients, I "grab" them with innovation and stuff not available in WP themes.
Yeah, sure, WP themes catch up, but then I'm onto something else.

But even as much as I push the boundaries, I know good and well it's not true blue programming. Whether it's more difficult or not, I'm not gonna say, but webdev is a different animal. I mean, database admin could join this mud sling as well.

Truth be told, coding is a slang term that encompasses a lot, programmer is not. The general public uses them interchangeably. But anyone in the field knows they are not the same.

True programmers of C, C++, C#, Java, and the like probably get annoyed when they hear someone say setting up a React.js framework is coding, just like I get annoyed when I hear WordPress "click-here, click-there" Installatron-ers call themselves webdev.

You know, yadda, yadda, w/e...

Attached: birbing.png (723x540, 354K)

>500k
Yeah, sure buddy and I suppose garbage truck drivers are making 200k

>wordpress
>website builders

I bet you never actually know what modern webdev is all about

As much as I want to believe this I find that hard to imagine. I've seen most of these web dev jobs paying literal pajeet tier wages. 40-50k a year if that. Unless you're free lance?

>implying highly proficient programmers aren't actually just autistic

Attached: 1484196093424.png (727x682, 168K)

a female UX engineer got fizzbuzz-ed
css-tricks.com/tales-of-a-non-unicorn-a-story-about-the-trouble-with-job-titles-and-descriptions/

forgot pic

Attached: 1526558770828.jpg (500x500, 58K)

i agree with the ux engineer

no need for fizzbuzz in ui/ux

C will always be useful for introduction to programming. C++ is still the favorite for applications that require very high performance. C/C++ are still heavily used in scientific computing, typically the prototype is made using Python and the actual implementation is made using C or FORTRAN and run on a supercomputer. Yes, I think it's for the best that safe languages be used whenever possible but there will always be a field where manual memory manipulation is useful.

but do you really want to hire someone who can't fizzbuzz?

even in pseudocode, or at least verbally explain the procedure?

this
I get she might have not known the modulus operator, but you have to be a certified retard to be unable to at least explain the idea of something this simple, X divisible by Y is literally grade school maths

If you're a software developer who can't work on all parts of the stack to deliver a feature, unironically kill yourself

Its just MVC that works on web browsers. MVC is programming.

t. brainlet ui engineer

Webdev normally requires you to know at least two programming languages (JavaScript + whatever your framework of choice uses) and at least one flavor of SQL.
Thinking webdev somehow isn't programming is the actual autism. I'm willing to bet literally any webdev knows more about programming than you, OP. Which doesn't say much about webdevs.

lol are u retarded

any embedded device will be c. c is used pretty much everywhere anywhere that memory and cost is important. its much cheaper to run a pic and a pi than two pis

-um ..um .um lots of shit being created in C, it's actually gaining traction.

um ...um .uh Java?

>*ffkkgg cringe at this shit*

Attached: programming-lamgwages.jpg (939x453, 97K)

High level programming is still programming.

Just because I use js instead of c++ does not mean I'm not programming

it's because c and c++ isn't lacking, all the good programmers already took all the jobs
real talk, I've no idea how someone is supposed to get an entry level C or C++ job, I've seen only 1 or 2 ads for it so far

Attached: 1b0.jpg (1024x752, 93K)

What about ladder?

While PHP and JS is for kids, they are still programming languages. It's an absolute nightmare to do anything productive with Nod.jayess and PHP. My CDN is running on C, while my main site's backend runs Java. Touching node.js is for mac hipsters, and PHP is for children.

>t. poorfag making 60k a year in flyover land

I'm making $160k straight out of undergrad.
:^)

train ponies and make websites

kek. k tard.
copy.sh/v86/
>not programming

>*whoreshaming PHP*
PHP is the whore of the web.
PHP has become unsecure, mixed up like spaghetti, does SQLI injections in dark alleys.
Her husband MySQL is home drunk, her baby MySQLite suffers from mal
I guess we'll use her till we're tired of her and throw her out.

*such a mean world*

Attached: drinky-waifu-2.png (500x608, 275K)

people who say technology XY sucks have no fuckn clue about technology XY.

everyday at work my manager comes in and rants about "java sucks man its the cancer that kills our country, and javascript dude, thats worse"

and he never programmed in his entire fucking live.

I just live with these faggs complaining about technologies without ever coding in it.
Im working as embedded developer with C++ and I personally dislike that, tho I dont mind you love it.
Not the programming language but the programmer with his skills matter.

>productive with Nod.jayess
That's why you will never have a job, node is used by big companies and startups alike, it's the most popular backend infrastructure

what do you mean entry level

with or without degree?

>it's the most popular backend infrastructure
lolno

Attached: backend.png (220x250, 12K)

do embedded development

That could be said for Android dev too.

>npm install everything-i-need-for-this-project
Now it's a matter of assembling everything
Wow such coding

I made $430 before even entering college

>But.. nobody cares anyway. We all do what we like

Except on here where most people have an elitist view.

What even is that site lol.

LOL.

Attached: backend-glassdoor.png (596x536, 67K)

>spend months developing enterprise web app complete with MVC UI, business logic AWS instances with ASP .NET WebAPI C#, translated business requirements to use cases to classes and implemented them all in the business logic layer, use elasticsearch for logging and MS SQL for the persistent database
>come on Jow Forums to see how everyone is doing
>some fag says my job isn't programming
okay also sage

Attached: b1.jpg (645x729, 26K)

>programming is mathematics

y u no azure tho